THIS JUST IN: Headless horseman puppeh costume

People, this is truly redonk and spectacular!

Check out this Headless Horseman Halloween costume made of PVC, fiberfill and kids clothes. It’s a TREAT!

Mla00057867

FIVE STARS, Newfy! See this and more recent submissions over at the Martha Stewart/CuteOverload Pet Costume Contest!

Comments

1. That’s so cute ^_^

2. The horseman is even set in pretty solid riding position.

3. This picture is full of WOW!!!

4. I’m guessing that people who dress up pets in ‘clothes/costumes’ are very similar to the people who insist on feeding pets vegetarian pet food.

5. He has hooves!! Wow.

6. Hahaha, I totally didn’t notice the hooves until I got the mouseover caption! XD

7. Holy crap, that’s effing brilliant. Does the jack-o-lantern burn with eldritch flame when the sun goes down?

(Oh, and to “mfcm” — whatEVar. You do your thing, we’ll do ours, they’ll do theirs. It’ll be sweet.)

8. Ha ha, I’m from Sleepy Hollow country and this is much better than the original! This canine horsey and headless guy can run through our yard any time!

9. Wow that is amazing.
    Okay I have resisted way to long… I have to go look at these costumed furry friends!

10. platedlizard says:

And about five seconds afterward the headless horseman became a puppy toy. Or at least that’s what I imagine what happened XD

11. OK, I had to look at that picture for a couple of minutes before I could figure out what was going on. That must be the most easy-going, hooman-lovingest puppeh in the world.

12. darkshines says:

A* for effort, thats amazing!

13. Best. Costume. Ever. I don’t even have to look at the others! A for quality, A+ for orginality!

14. bumblesmom says:

He looks more Rotty than Newfy.

15. thelibrarianne says:

That is by far the best pet costume I have ever seen. The hooves are killer.

16. AWESOME. I used to be terrified of the headless horseman as a kid — fantastic story, and this costume has GOT to win, no?

17. haha, at first i said “so what a guy dressed up on a horse”

18. Excellent. I don’t even need to look at the other entrants because nothing can possibly top this one. I especially like the fact that it refers to something scary. Too many Halloween costumes these days are just about princesses or prostitutes. I’m not much for dressing up pets, but this is brilliant.

19. 260Oakley says:

Oh man, great costume and great story. Apparently Bob the Rotti/Lab mix loves the costumes and gets excited when he’s being fitted for them (just like a debutante). And he’s a rescue pup. Nice work “Newfy” and Bob!

20. Wow. just wow. mad genius costuming skills. my boy, gus, who died less than 2 weeks ago, is over there at marthastewart.com, wearing a (embarrassed whisper) storebought superman costume. he’s very, very cute and superheroic, but even he would have to give it up for the headless horsepup.

21. Ugh. Just….Ugh.

22. @joe – Heh, me too. Then I looked closer and conceded he did a good job hiding his head with the shirt. Great idea that. Thought the choice of using a stumpy lookin’ pony was amusing as well. It was in fact not until I read the hovertext “…pup???OMGWTFBBQ?” that what I was in fact looking at registered.

There was much guffawing to be had.

23. I’m awestruck. In fact, I’m struck dumb. That doesn’t happen often.

Cheryl, hugs to you. Your superman was a superdog, I’m sure.

24. I LOVE THE HOOF SHOES!!! hahahahahha

25. Michelle S says:

hahah that is so awesome! I adore this costume. I hope it wins!

26. “OMG, the pup is wearing HOOVES!” My reaction exactleh!
    Sooo good.
    And the pup’s lovin’ it. He’s all, “How do I look? How do I look?”

27. FULL OF WIN.

28. This costume rocks!!

29. That. Is. AWESOME.

30. Oh man, this is ART. Pure genius!!!

31. @debg:
    thanks for the kind words. i miss my sweet dog terribly.

32. Well, after seeing this costume, I’m not even going to submit my Chorkie in her pirate garb. My dog may be cute as a pirate, but this was just brilliant.

33. balamuthia says:

@Bumblesmom: (From the caption) “Bob is a Rotti/Choc. Lab that I rescued about 4 years ago”

34. I wonder if my cat would put up with something like this..?

35. Cheryl, Thanks for sharing
    about your nice, cooperative SuperDog…Sorry that he’s not with you right now. Never apologize for a store-bought costume–you have lots of company here at CO.

36. I can’t think of anything to say that hasn’t already been said! Just, wow! awesome costume! And I was also confused and thought it was a pony at first with a weird face then i did a double take! What a good patient doggy =)
    I also must go check out the contest now!

37. Raemie L. says:

Wow. My favorite out of most I’ve seen in the contest was the aviator ferret. I daresay, this one’s a’head of the whole lot.

38. that is phenomenal. Such creativity and originality. There is no way my mouse and witch kitties are gonna win. Yay to this pups human!

39. thats amazing!!!
    Look at this one……
    not as intense but I felt bad, b/c he wasent getting a very good rating….

40. Gail (the first one) says:

There’s always one who has to spoil a contest for the rest of us by being BRILLIANT—LOL!!! What an amazing costume!

@cheryl: So sorry to hear about your Gus. Doggies take up such a big place in our lives, don’t they? He must have been so happy to have a wonderful Mom like you!!!

41. Very awesome!! Pretty much can’t say anything else other than I wish I had that much creativity.

42. This is one of the best pet costumes I’ve ever seen. You naysayers, get over it. It’s not harming the animal and obviously they tolerate or even like it enough to stay in it. Our dog actually likes it when we put on his little costume pieces too. Particularly the pirate collar, he gets excited and will just keep it on.

43. I, being of sound mind and body, do solemenly swear, as God is my witness, that the afore mentioned costume is, indeed, the best that I, in my 39th year, have ever seen. Amen.

44. jackie31337 says:

Contest over, we have a winner!

45. all i ask is HOW?!?!??!

46. Fabulous! Look at hims feets! They hooves!

47. This picture is awesomesauce I think this should definately win UNLESS somone can post a similar arrangement set upon a small marmalade cat \o/

48. Well executed!

snh snh snh…

49. scooterpants says:

omg omg omg!
    the Bridle! (did i spell that right?)
    oh, and, and, and, the hoofies!
    how brilliant!
    i LOVE it!

50. I am obsessed in finding out how those little hoof shoes work.

51. Dexter Fishmore says:

Come on, nuffers – it’s just a costume. No need to lose your head over it.

52. That is SO adorable!

53. Oh my goodness. That almost looks realistic!

54. That is AMAZING – what a great job! :)

55. anastasia says:

oh mah gaahd!! is i see a puppeh???!!!

56. WOW…that’s amazing! So creative and so cool. Not sure if the dog thinks that though. hahaha….

57. Honestly my dach looooves putting on his costumes. Its very weird, but once I pull out his santa costume, he goes crazy and struts around when its on.

There is no harm for putting on a costume, the dog and owner are having a great time and the dog probably loooves the attention. If he hated it, that costume would be on the ground in shreds…… pets are like people, they’ll tell you in a very simple fashion if they like something or not.

58. oh and that costumer is FANTASTIC!

Hooves = brilliant

59. I have to admit… I’m now looking at all these entries just for the death!cats… the ones who are so angry they can’t stand it.

They’re cracking me up.

60. Tewtal insanity. Me likey.

61. Wow this is just the cutest thing I have ever seen !

62. I normally really dislike pet costumes, but this one is genius!! Love it!!

63. Okay, so, I’m not usually much for pet costumes, but this is BRILLIANT.