My Little Mashup

I wuuuvvv you, My Little … Alien?! Meet Finnish artist Mari Kasurinen, whose Deviant Art gallery gives "My Little Pony" a gothic, pop-culture makeover.  Some ideas are naturals, like "My Little Princess Leia,"  batting her eyes at "My Little Stormtrooper."

Aren't you a little prosh for a stormtrooper?

Others call for a little mental adjustment, like "My Little Batman," to say nothing of "My Little Joker."

Kiss my Bat-butt, evildoers!

… but nothing can prepare your doomed soul for "My Little Cthulhu," a real labor of Lovecraft.

OMG F'TAGN!  SQUEEEEEEEE!

I love the way your So-Soft Submishe™ feels, Erica H.

Comments

1. Bessy mouse says:

Oh my Gosh are they real?!
    I wants one!

2. O.o This is awesome stuff. I love the My Little Pan :D

3. My Little Pan = amazing.

4. My Little Cthulhu?
    That’s. Genius.

Perfect way to start the day.

5. Bessy mouse says:

oops sorry about the double post peoples.
    I like the Pan one the best too.

6. *checks on My Little Joker and wishes she hadn’t*

Gah!

7. I totally rocked the ponies when I was 8.

8. This is the greatest thing ever.

9. darkshines says:

I. Want. Cthulhu. NOW.

10. I must be slow…but where is this “My Little Pan” that people are referring to? I’m intrigued…

11. Sheer and utter genius….

@JL – click on any of the links in the text and then click on the “spippoʻs gallery” link on that page. They appear to be for sale, but sadly theyʻre too much for my budget.

12. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

@JL: Here’s a link to “My Little Pan.”

It’s not Peter Pan, it’s a character from another movie, but I’m not familiar with it, so I hope someone else can supply that detail.

13. Pups'nstuff says:

Not cute. Just weird.

14. I was looking at these the other day. Weird.

15. Finland! \o/

Pan is from Guillermo del Toro’s Pan’s Labyrinth (El Laberinto del fauno). Not a cute, but a great movie.

16. @Not That Mike The Other Mike

It’s from the movie “Pan’s Labyrinth”.

17. Miss Malice says:

Aww they are so awesome,but I’ve always wanted this

18. Michelle S says:

oh. my. gawl.

Those are the cutest things I’ve seen in ages. What beautiful work. Such creativity! Adorable!

19. Oh these are simply great!

I love the creativity!

Pan is an old old old mythical god….greek? mebbe…

I lurve these ponies!

20. yankeebird says:

I didn’t think it was possible to love an inanimate object as much as I love “My Little Jack Skellington”. DO WANT.

21. Wait, weren’t there rubber duckies too?

22. BRILLIANT! Love that she’s using G1s, too – they have much nicer expressions than G3s.

23. yankeebird says:

Wait, I might have spoken too soon. Check out “My Little Edward Scissorhands”.

24. OMG! I loooveee the Batman one.

25. Hi,

Congratulations on being in the top three for the Bloggers choice Awards. My blog is in the top three in the education category

I just voted for you. Could you please return the favor at:

Thanks,

SpEdLaw2

26. I never thought I’d see the day when CO had the same post subject as Geekologie. Apparently, I was wrong.

p.s. My Little Sally is awesome!

27. thats creative, i wouldn’t mind having one! I used to collect those when i was a kid, ofcourse just the plain ones.

28. ThreeCatNight says:

More odd than cute

29. balamuthia says:

The nuffers will stop at nothing, nothing I tell you!

These are 100% adorable, especially the princess Leia pony!

30. Hang on, there’s something missing here.

OMGPONIES!!!11!!!1!

That’s better.

31. Darkflame173 says:

ZOMG! Those are wonderful! I was SO into MLP when I was younger, and those…I just LOVE ‘em!

32. Wow, the creativity in these is outstanding!

33. darkshines says:

Hmmm, in the comments for the Cthulhu one the blogger says it costs 200 euros yet when I emailed her, she jacked the price up to 300. I could most definately make my own for that much money….

34. I love custom MLPs. But damn, those are pricey. I guess if you’re well-known you can get away with it. Still…

35. momof2kitties says:

Eeep!! These are a bit creepy!

But props for the mad creativity skills!

36. I’m delurking to say that
    1) These are way cute
    and
    2) The hover-text over the Princess Leia pony made my day. Thanks NTMTOM!

37. Omigod! This makes me want to e-mail my Cthulhu-playing college friends! If only they hadn’t all disappeared…

38. Obi-Wan Kepony: “Use the horse, Luke!”

39. muttluver says:

Man, I just lost my long comment somehow…

Anyway, I LOVED Pan, loved Batman, I don’t see how anyone can say that the Leia one isn’t cute, the storm trooper one made me laugh, the joker one freaked me out…. I should start a new sentence…

I didn’t even click on the pictures of Scissorhands, Alien, and the like. I’m not into that kind of stuff, and just the glimpses I got were kinda creepy. The Chthulhu is weird and kinda cool at the same time.

40. muttluver says:

Mook: I love it.

41. *lols at Mook*

Tell her 200 or no deal, darkshine. That’s how prices are set: if the customer won’t pay, they can’t ask the price.

42. @Mook- LOL!
    Took a break from Panda Cam and I see this redonk! I love it. : )

And now back to Panda Cam….

43. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

@Mook: I’ll see everyone else’s LOLs and raise with a forehead-slappy “now, why didn’t *I* think of that?!” ;-)

44. The Stormtrooper one is nothing short of amazing!

And LOL at Cthulu… such a brilliant obscure reference!

45. fish eye no miko says:

@starling: Hey, yeah! Good to see you got that covered. ^_^

LOL @ Mook.

@Yankeebird: Yeah, the Jack Skellington one is great! The Sally one is cute, too!

I wonder if she does custom orders? I want a My Little Boba Fett. ^_^

46. Christine K says:

Doesn’t this remind anyone else of Apocalypse Pony???

47. fish eye no miko says:

@Fegli: Cthulhu isn’t really that obscure.

48. must have the star wars ones!!11!!!1!!

49. darkshines says:

Starling, thanks for your advice, but a bit of googling has found me FAR cheaper custom MLP :D

50. darkshines – If they are lifesize, hmm, may be worth it.

Me & Pan = My Little Secret.

51. The tentacles-coming-out-of-nose thing is a little too weird for me. But I like Princess Leia!

52. LOL @ pookie! When I showed the Cthulhu one to my boyfriend, he said that the artist is going to disappear.

53. MLP – favorite toys growing up and these are just too too awesome!!!!!

54. And O.M.G. The Jack one is to die for with the horse skull and Sally is just beautiful. ME WANT!

55. These are amazing. I would kill to have some kind of artistic sculpting talent! :( :(

56. Hee… I do these sorts of things too. Though my sculpting isn’t nearly as advanced.

Fair warning, some artwork is NSFW

57. Squeeee! I actually customize My Little Ponies and you can imagine my thrill when I saw them on C.O. this morning! Yay!

58. I literally cannot believe that Cthulhu has made a C.O. appearance. Never thought I’d see the day.

[Hey… http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/plush/7cb0/ – Ed.]

59. My Little Edward Scissorhands is the creepiest thing I have seen in ages.

60. @taj

well, I do work at a visual effects house – we love our cute too! :P
    PS: Princess Leia Pony’s hovertext is a diet-coke-out-the-nose level 10!!
    eh

61. Y’all, they cost so much because the artist wants to pay herself a fair price for her time. We in western culture are used to sweatshop prices so we get all het up if someone pays themselves minimum wage for he hours and hours of work they put into something. Yes, you could make it yourself for less than she’s charging–monetarily. But it would cost you your time.

62. Oh my goodness! I love the Leia one. I need it! How do y’all know what they cost? I couldn’t seem to find that information on her site.

Being of Finnish descent, it’s twice as cool to see that she’s a Finnish artist.

63. Raemie L. says:

Amazing detail and thought put into making these.

64. darkshines says:

Well, I make custom jewellery, and spend hours sourcing pieces from all over the world, put them together and making unique jewellery, which I sell in an up market boutique in town. However, I only charge enough to cover the materials,postage and packaging and maybe a quid or two profit, because I do it for the joy of it. I could charge someone £20 for a necklace that cost me £2 to make but I would feel guilty, plus its nice to stock affordable, beautiful objects.

The maker of these can charge whatever the hell she likes, my beef was with the fact that the price got raised by 100 euros as soon as her photos appeared on Meg’s blog.

65. darkshines says:

Rosie, I tried emailing you about taking on a commision but it bounced saying your email address didn’t exist, its the one on your deiviant page….

66. Cute or kinky? To each his own, I guess, but they kind of creep me out. Glad I don’t have to sleep with those in my house.

67. Darkshines – If you’re a devart member, just send me a Note through them. If not, e-mail me at redvelvetrose@gmail.com

68. SailorButterfly says:

Awesome!

@Rosie – I adore your ponies, especially the Anita Blake series ones and the anime ones. I’m jealous of whoever got the Jean Claude pony!!

69. Spippo! Wow, awesome to see her work her! X3 I still LOVE her My Little Pan custom, that one blew my mind ( must steal customizing skeeeellz! Going to need it for my own next custom ^^;. Oh I dread the sculpting I have to do on mine! ).

Kudos again, Spippo!

From one MLP fan to another!

~~Bee