More C.O. Gardening Tips!

When planting dogwood, it’s very important to find a planter box that’s the right size for the dogwood you have in mind, and a dog who’ll submit to being planted.  Most dogs won’t, but … (chuckle, titter) … this dog would. (pffft, chortle, tee-hee)

Flowerbed

Image via Fark.com ;)

Comments

1. Dog Would? Groan.

2. NOMTOM, you’re getting a rolled-up newspaper across the nose for that pun!

3. metsakins says:

That dog thinks he’s a cat.

4. Yeah, but we all laughed…admeet eet!

Puppers looks comfy, though.

5. oh no, now the need for boxhab has gone to the dogs.

6. fish eye no miko says:

@cheryl: That was my first thought, too! What next, hedgies and hamsters in boxhab, as well?
    [shakes head]

7. I know they say to let sleeping dogs lie… but I couldn’t let that belly go without a good rub!

8. eikoleigh says:

LOL, I would expect a cat to do this, but the unexpectedness of a dog – a BIG dog at that! – is hiliarous.

Simply adorable.

9. (the original) Mel says:

I love your horrible puns, NTMTOM. There is just a special place in my heart for awful puns.

10. warrior rabbit says:

Courtney, what belly? You’d have to dig up the dogwood (or is it boxwood, now?) to see it, much less get to it.

Yes, the original Mel, it’s in your ohhhhhricle. For others less pun-appreciative, it’s the part the ohhhhhricle is attached to — the hatrium.

11. Not That Wood The Other Would

12. It’s the dogwood bark that gets you.

13. Finally, a plant that creates its own fertilizer!

14. dogs are brilliant, its as simple as that. and this one rules supreme for the day. i want to go take a nap in a planter now, too.

15. darkshines says:

S/he looks so chubby and happy :)

16. 260Oakley says:

I love it when the dogloaf rises above the pan and gets all golden brown on top.

17. Oh, tee-hee yourself, NTMTOM! *snerk-snerk*
    (This pun would have made my Dad laugh! He loved puns — good, bad, indifferent!)

18. VERY nice touch to have the matching gravel.

19. Nicolletta says:

How come puppies never grow in my planters?

20. MaggieBee says:

OMG did anyone see the lil tailio nubbin?!?!??

*squeeeee!*

21. LOL @ Decca!!!!
    I can’t imagine why that dog’s in there – it doesn’t look very comfortable.

22. He’s like “Won’t let me sleep in the house? I’ll show you!”

23. DaytimeDeb says:

Doggone it, the plant has outgrown the planter again. Now I have to dig it up and divide it.

Ooh… that means two dogwoods? Yay!

24. DaytimeDeb says:

Or, I could just plant this dogwood in a larger planter, and use this one for something else.

Willow you mind if I plant some pussy willow instead?

25. scooterpants says:

izz perfect-o.
    what iz the issue here???

26. Awwww, I love this!!
    Its sooo adorable!
    I love your website!!

27. momof2kitties says:

Awww…pupster looks so cozy! Is there any room for me in there?

28. This is so adorable.

29. snorglepup says:

They go dormant if you leave them in the garden all winter.
    If you’re lucky they will bloom indoors…
    Or at least bark!!

30. Mike. Dude. You misspelled “gardering”.

;)

31. …d’OH! Meg fixed the other one!

32. A cool spot for a nap on a hot day?

33. Hah, Teho! And again I say hah!
    I really need real words to be spelled correctly, hence my extreme dislike for LOL-speak. (Also I read this about 20 times to make sure nothing was misspelled)

[You linguistic prescriptivists. *tsk!* - Ed.]
    [PS - http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/popculture/a359/ - Ed.]

34. AuntieMame says:

The bread’s riz! Time to put it in the oven!

35. AuntieMame says:

(And LOL at the t-shirt, Teho! Lolspeak used to be funny, when people followed the rules, but randomly misspelling stuff isn’t true lolspeak.)

36. Ahm jist protecting mah bone.

37. Ohhhh why can’t I grow anything like that in my garden? Stoopid flowers!

38. I call your LOL t-shirt and raise you this one, Teho:

39. P.S. Ooooh, LOL magnetz! Shiny!

40. I saw that one, Starling, but decided I preferred this one:

41. They put the print on that t-shirt slightly too high …

42. That’s because it sits on the ruins of three sunken castles, Starling.

(you have to choose your Python references carefully)

43. shouldn’t that t-shirt be OMG Pwnies!!11eleventy-one!!11

44. ha ha ha ha
    i’d say more but laughing too much to type