PocketDeer™

"Rupert" the teeny deerski is here just in time to distract everyone from their economic woes.

This little guy was apparently delivered by deer C-Section (Deersarian?!) after his Momma got hit by a car… See this and MANY more photos at the main story over at the Cute Daily Mail.

Rupertthebabydeer415x275

Tiny hooves of thanks to EVERYONE who sent this one in, ‘specially Arlo R. (Go Vikings!)

Comments

1. Pussytoes says:

Is she part pig? Look at the little moist pig-like nos-tri-cle.

2. Oh wow, that is the prettiest, most awesome, adorable thing!!!!! Squeee!

3. *peers at ring*

Wat it rescued by Dumbledore?

4. OMGoodness!!!! I don’t WANT……I NEED!!!!

5. Has anyone read the article yet? Because if I am reading this correctly, the name of the wildlife hospital that rescued this adorableness is called TIGGYWINKLES. I, for one, am totally moving to England right NOW.

6. Allison V. says:

Eeeeeee!

7. MissMySugar says:

Yup . . . Tiggywinkles in Buckinghamshire. Extra syllables = extra cute!

8. (the original) Mel says:

NECK WRINKLES!

EEEEEE!

9. Sahrawi Wife says:

AWWWWW I wants snuggle tiny Bebe!!!!

10. I can’t decide which is cuter — the baby deer or Tiggywinkles Hospital!

11. Had no idea they look like cute spotty gremlins so soon after being borned.

12. Tiggywinkle is the name of a hedgehog in a story by Beatrix Potter, the hospital is named after it (in case you didn’t know!).

13. Plot_thickens says:

Orgh argh PLEASE GIVE C.O. CLOSEUP OF HOOF PLEASE sooooooooo cute *curls on floor in cute OD*

14. ooooohhhhh…..soooo cute!!!!!

I miss my deer farm.

15. Michelle S says:

hee hee. The cutest part is the lil Brad Pitt nose.

16. I sent this in tooooo… how adorable is that little guy and it’s mandatory that you click the link to see the other even more anerable peekchures

17. ThreeCatNight says:

How utterly darling! I would like to just cuddle him and take him home. What an adorable baby!

18. LOL @starling! Good catch–I’d say that’s definitely the Deathly Hallows ring. Watch out, dear deer-caretaker!

19. he looks like a magical creature!!

20. “The small deer is also known as the barking deer”

he barks?? Hm.

21. As if this whole thing wasn’t enough to give me a brain hemorrage (sp?) we’ve got “Tiggywinkles” too??? Ahn…

22. this deer totally needs a pocket pets tag instead of just unusual animals

23. His name is *Rupert*, peeps! RUPERT!!! Born in *Tigglywinkles* Hospital!

If that’s not just the proshest name for the tiniest, cutest, softest little British buckaroo bebé…!

24. yeahIusePhotoshoptoo says:

wow! he does have a Brad Pitt nose!

I will refrain from any tick or Photoshop jokes.

25. Tiggywinkles Wildlife Hospital — that’s all I have to say!

26. fish eye no miko says:

Wow. I saw an article about him on Fark (of all things!), but none of the pictures in the showed any scale… I didn’t realize he as so tiny!

@starling: I see what you mean! Heehee… I could see DD doing that, actually. ^_^

27. 260Oakley says:

If I had the doe, I would fly to England and fawn over him.

28. balamuthia says:

Tiggywinkle = hedgehog AND possibly the cutest word ever.

Beebee deer! It reminds me of a real life version of Deery-Lou!

29. Gasp….. WANT…..NEED…

30. LOL @ Oakley
    But seriously, those pics brought tears to my eyes. Oooooh and I second the request for a close up of teeny hoooves…

31. Technically, it’s Saint Tiggywinkles, and it’s awesome:

Do you have any money? If you do, give it to them.

32. fish eye no miko says:

BTW, this would make a great “It’s dangerous to go alone! Take this!” picture. ^_^

33. And they accept other donations as well:

34. Oakley, if you lived in Buckinghamshire, you could hoof it and save a few bucks.

35. I feel so horrible saying this, but the poor guy is just going to get hunted in a few years. :( the fate of a little fawn baby is never a good one. :(

36. Melissa, are you sure of that? I think the UK has plenty of protected parks where this little guy can browse happily, just like we have here in the US. I live near a place called Cades Cove, NC which is a protected deer paradise- observe the deer tranquility;
    Here’s to hoping this will be a protected park deer.

37. http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg39/clc6583/closeuphoof.jpg

non-official COXCU – hope that helps, it’s not such a pretty COXCU though, the hooves are a little rough there.

38. Catch a bebeh deer, and put eet een your pocket, save eet for a rainy day…

39. Meg, close up shop.

How can you find something cuter than a baby deer rescued by humans and fits into one palm?

Unless someone turns one in tomorrow where we find out a hedgehog and elaphant rescued the baby deer and are raising it together.

40. Michelle S says:

Wow. It’s kinda sad that some people can look at a photograph of a baby animal and see nothing but tragedy and death. It’s a photo of a baby animal and that’s all.

If the deer lived in Yellowstone, would you say “poor guy is just going to succumb to a predator of some sort”?

Can you not just enjoy the cute picture? Really?

41. *sniff*….Bambi…the true story…sorta…*sob* Sweet little guy….

42. Sorry, I definitely enjoy the picture, I was just sayin’. I hope they keep him in a wildlife park, that would be awesome.

43. They’re bound to give it to an estate with a big deer park when it’s grown. Bebbehs like that never end up back in the wild.

44. WILL HE GUIDE MY SLEIGH TONITE?

45. darkshines says:

I’m one of the many who sent this in. My heart skipped a beat when I saw it had been posted, but was disappointed when my name wasn’t mentioned :(

46. I’m glad there is no one around at the moment to hear me exclaim “he is so little. SO LITTLE. awwww pow little deer. OMG HE IS SO LITTLE.”

47. DARKSHINES!

DarKshiNes.

D
    a
    r
    k
    s
    h
    i
    n
    e
    s

There, your name mentioned. :>

48. EvilRubberDucky says:

I completely agree with fish eye no miko. x3 That’s probably the best phrase for this pic. XD

49. This deer will grow up to save the world.

50. Can’t…handle…it…must…kiss…top…of…wittle…head.

51. So tiny and do adorable! Love!

52. Okay, I meant to say SO adorable!

53. TIGGYWINKLES!!!!! Now I know what I’m naming my next pet!!

Oh, by the way… TIGGYWINKLES!!!! Hehehehehehehe. I don’t know why, but that name just makes me laugh uncontrollably.

54. *gasp*

TINIEST OF DEERS!

*faints*

55. Pengraffe says:

I am pretty sure that very few people are hunting Muntjac deer in England. They don’t cause any agricultural harm. It would seem that their greatest predators are cars. He is so prosh! (Also, Tiggywinkles is a wonderful name for an animal hospital. Ms. Potter would approve.)

56. Mary (the first) says:

He’s just beautiful! And I think we’ve seen Tiggywinkles before .. haven’t we?

57. I want! Mini-shrunken-deer! Itty bitty spots…brain is ‘sploding from unpossibility.

58. Hoof it! Ha!

59. Tiggywinkles must be named after Beatrice Potter’s famous adorable hedgehog, Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle:

60. Took me forever to translate the roll over text till I noticed the actual ring.

61. You gotta love the Brits … and St. Tiggywinkle’s, too!

62. What a tiny baby! How sweet.

63. arfencool says:

looks like a duck

64. but it doesn’t walk like a duck, or quack like a duck

…maybe it’s a bribe?

65. What a dear deer.

66. omg, this little guy just made my day.

67. sorry to break the news to all you people but poor Rupert is deader than a dead duck now.

may he sleep with the fishes in peace.

68. Katie Kat says:

Oh D-D-D-DEEEER! He’s PRESHUS.

69. Katie Kat says:

Gurgs… why you gotta go and do that? If you are kidding/trolling, SHAME ON YOU. If you know this for a FACT, give us your source.

Otherwise – go ruin someone else’s day!

70. marsheeeee says:

Tiggywinkles Wildlife Hospital and … did you all see this further in the article? Whipsnade Zoo. I love England.
    This little fella had better go to a sanctuary. Or they can send him to my house where I can love on him/her (Ok, it might get crowded with the 3 cats and a deer, but … ) Oh never mind. There are too many deer hunters where I live. I’d have to disguise him. Deer? no..that’s uh…a um big um cat. Yes. Cat.

71. How you like them apples hum?

The lord giveth a cutey pie, and the lord taketh the cutey pie.

72. Oh No!! :( So sorry to hear wittle baby deer didn’t make it. Well, he’s with his momma over the rainbow bridge now.

About TiggyWinkles, we have seen them on CO before but I forget when and I second the request to donate if you can. I donated the last time they were fetured and I get a regular newsletter keeping me updated on all they do. What a great place!

73. RIP Rupert. :(

74. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww……………..
    we have deer in our back yard

75. They ought to splice the DNA of an elephant and a pig to make little elephants that you can keep as pets.

Except pig and elephant DNA just don’t splice.

76. AHNNN.
    *head asplodes*
    oh thanks.
    i needed that.

77. anastasia says:

hes got ANGRY EYEBROWS!!!!

78. Rupert is so cute! I feel bad for his mom.

79. Raemie L. says: