[Elephant hurling sound]

Somewhere in a foreign land, a pink plastic elephant is hurling up some snoring mices.

Raalllllllgh! How nice. [Head tilt, mouth slightly open]

Main

Thanks for this picture of pure irony, Lillian S.!

P.S. And Turn to the Right! [Police Officer voice]

Comments

1. johnnyjohnny says:

I wish I had a bed like that. Sans mices.

2. That’s awesome!! It really does look like peenk dumbo is wharfing up some teensy furbabies <3

3. This reminds me of the barfing pumpkin…

4. Haha! Adorable! Where can I get one for my hamster Angel?

5. divinebluesky says:

It’s a cascade of meece!

6. Boomer's Babysitter says:

Follow the officer’s directions and clink the “Turn to the right” link. Disturbing, in a just-after-lunch sort of way.

7. Boomer's Babysitter says:

Clink? CLICK. Sheesh. What did they PUT in my burrito?

8. Martha in Washington says:

Maybe if Pinky hadn’t tried eating ALL the mice at once…

9. scooterpants says:

OMG.
    that is the cutest thing.
    pink edefant pukes babeh micees.
    I am ded.

10. Well, it’s not rainbows, but it’ll do. Except for the look of fear in the elephant’s eyes.

11. Von Zeppelin says:

@scooterpants–Squee. You forgot squee.

12. Hey, this Humboldt is goooood Humboldt.
    Dude. Woah.

13. Ugh. I shouldn’t have eaten that warehouse for lunch.

14. I’d love to see more mice on CO. It’s a shame their cuteness is invisible to half the population, for some reason. :(

15. balamuthia says:

@Keith Handy-

I agree, mice and rats seem to be “fluffers non grata” around here.

16. @Keith Handy, I totally agree with you. Baby meeses are so cute!! Except when you have 24 of them in one bin and 17 of them decide to climb your arm all at once! *shudder*

Other than that, they’re precious.

17. CoffeeCup says:

The terrified look in that elephant’s eyes is the kicker. Absolutely hilarious. The mice are just snoozing away, but that elephant’s very concerned about something…

18. Yay! That’s my picture. I’m so glad everyone likes it :)

19. cataddict says:

I don’t see the elephant as terrified. He’s just trying to see what he’s scarfing up.

20. awww, I want to bury my face in that pile of meeses

21. I just rode on the subway with a woman who had two pet white rats on her shoulders. She snorgled shamelessly with them the whole ride and they didn’t show any inclination to explore farther than her lab. The kids (and, er, at least one adult) on the subway were entranced, but I hate to say that most of the adults clearly had the willies. Such a shame, they were sweet, adorable, and very inquisitive!

Rodents rule!

22. Whoa – great Freudian slip! Her lap!! Her lap!! Not her lab!

23. i lol’d at work. thanks meg!

(now i want one with a pile o’ gerbil, please!%Pr

24. A mischief of mice.

From the piehole of an eddaphant.

Curious indeed.

P.S. Rodents are pretty damn cute. Louis B. Mayer famously rejected Mickey Mouse because he thought the character would terrify pregnant women in movie theatres (seriously).

25. currently rat-less, rabble wonders if they make these large enough for a 14 lb rabbit…

26. I bet you a dollar thems is baby rats.

27. Know what a plastic pink elephant sounds like when he barfs?

“BLEEEEEEEEN…”

28. (the original) Mel says:

Reminds me of a Dali painting. Especially the crazy eyes.

29. Those are not mice, they’re rats. Mice have larger ears, and their faces are not quite as long. Their are baby mouse pictures here:

30. “Close your mouth, you’ll catch flies. Ot something.”

31. Gail (the first one) says:

@Theo: LOL!!!!!!!

32. Elp! Pleeb geb dees moufs outta me moubf, pleeb!

33. Imaginary cute elephant is puking up sleepy fuzzy mice? What the heck have I been drinking?

34. Rodents. SO MUCH CUTER THAN DOGS!!! And heffalumps? *SQUEEEEEEEE!*

35. binky-mama says:

The fact that EllieFont is looking down is so cute!

“WHEN will this nap be over so I can finally close my mouf? This is NOT good for my TMJ.”

36. Oooh.. turn to the raaight – I totally hear Holly Hunter in Raising Arizona!!!

37. Heeehehe. That is too cute. I want a meece.

38. Yep, I think those be rats. Or maybe o’possumi. Elephant’s cute!

39. Ratties! Squeee! Want!

40. Pink plastic pachyderm puking prosh recumbent rodents?

What has CO come to?

41. i don’t get what people have against rats either. they’re adorable <3. my bf's grandmother had one, and he was such a sweetheart XD. a mischievous cookie-snatcher who'd crawl up my leg and into my lap in an attempt to steal the cookie out of my hands, sure, but still a sweetheart. He loved his scritches.

42. lilspotteddog says:

Are you POSITIVE those are mice? Ears and set of eyes are all wrong. They sure do look like possums to me.

43. I believe they are african soft-furred rat babies.

This is what they look like when they get older: http://pics.hoobly.com/full/TGW5EZ3I4JMVSRB2IZ.jpg

Unfortunately, they are frequently used as feeders :-\

I agree though… rodents are absolutely adorable. I own a rattie named Bucky who I absolutely adore.

44. To be fair, one’s conditioned not to want to see rats in the subway. Usually they’re not the cute kind that sit on your shoulder and snorgle.

At first glance I thought that those were possums with those grey collars and white pointed faced.

45. “Man, I was SO drunk last night!”
    “How drunk were you?”
    “I was seeing pink elephants.”
    “Oh, you see pink elephants EVERY time you get drunk.”
    “But THESE pink elephants were BARFING BABY RATS.”
    “I’m putting Betty ford on speed dial.”

46. FlyingRat says:

I’m pretty sure those are regular domestic mice, not rats…I used to have eensy beensy meesicles (including one deer mouse) and these little guys look just like the fancy mice I had.

(Marti, those African soft-furred rats are precious!)

47. What I want to know is, is the elephant making the Peruvian baby seal “HUUURREALGH” noise while emitting the baby mice!

48. hrh.squeak says:

Anne – Your baby meese are A-Dorablez!!! I didn’t know mice would stand in your hand, I always thought they were too skittery for that! Awwwwwww.

49. Thanks, hrh.squeak! Rodent lovers unite!

50. i will never again use the phrase “Puke A Rainbow”.

It’s now officially “Puke a Mouse”. *lol*

51. that is just so wrong is he like eating them and puking them ……………i dont want to think about it

52. whayt a minuto!!!! zees ees improshables! zee eleeffant ees like dees: “BLEEEEEEHHYUCKYWHATTHEHELL???!!!!!”