Cute Overload is Brought to You by…

…Heinz Ketchup and French’s Mustard. Whether on hot dogs and hamburgers, in your favorite recipes, or as the crowning touch in a classic chipmunk, lettuce and tomato sandwich, nothing beats the all-American tastes of Heinz and French’s.

Hot Lunch (D92), originally uploaded by powerpig.

Bon appétit, Arlette.

Comments

1. Jennie Mello says:

OH the Horror!

2. Chipwich!

3. Food chain in action.

4. AALLLVIIIINNNN!!!!!!

5. My MIL would appreciate that meal whole-heartedly!

Not that she actually gets where should could eat the chippie, but she does a lot of window watching when they’re stealing birdseed!

6. Personally I find the bones a little crunchy.

“Chipwich” LOL

7. Chomp on a Chip, it’s the greener option.

8. I use mayo on my chipwich

9. Ladies and gents, I give you the infamous CHIP BUDDY sandwich.

10. (the original) Mel says:

…when the chipmunk is nice and lean, and the tomatoes are ripe…they’re so perky…I love that.

11. Pointless information vol. 1807: Alvin derivates from Aelfwine, elf-friend (yes, I’m a sad Tolkienholistic). I thought it was great name – and then I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks. Now I can’t do anything else but think of (cute) little chipmunks when I see that name. Nothing wrong with that, anyway :)

And this picture tewtelly rocks! Me likes.

12. “I KNEW that casting call seemed a little too easy.”

13. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

@Mel: LOL! :-D

14. @ (the original) Mel: AAAAAAS YOOOOOOUUUUUUU WIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSHHHHHHH!

15. wow Heinz spent some money on this ad – money well spent… feeling drawn to go to the shop get some unnecessary ketchup bottles

16. Run!

17. The look on the man’s face is priceless.

18. Waiter!!! There is a chipmunk in my bun!

19. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Not so loud, Pooh, everybody will want one! ;-)

20. (the original) Mel says:

Yes! I made Nom Tom LOL.

My Rosh Hashonah is complete.

21. Yeah, it’s not really so all-American when it’s in Canada. Notice the French on the bottles?

22. he’s so cute!

23. I want one too!

I love the Princess Bride reference Mel!

24. If this is a chipwich…what’s a Manwich (see:http://www.conagrafoods.com/consumer/brands/getBrand.do?page=manwich)?

…MANWICH IS PEOPLE! MANWICH IS PEOPLE!

The hovertext reminds me of the Serenity DVD outtakes in which Mal screams “TRAAAP!” Come on, Firefly fans, you’ll back me up on this!

25. If this were a trap, there’d be mayonaise.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is in Canada. I’ve never seen such a long and thick tail on a chipmunk before.

He would make a nice hood ornament though.

26. Ketchup and regular mustard on a squirrel sammy? How gauche!

Everybody knows you use Dijon mustard and a good extra-virgin olive oil. A light sprinkling of a red wine vinegar is OK, if you must. Top with a slice of Brie, onion, and lettuce.

Bon’ Appetit! (kisses fingers, chef style)

27. Cute!
    If only there was a pickle…
    “Chippendills”.
    Tch.

28. “It’s a TRAAAAP”

heeheehee

29. Wait, Primates? What’s this delectable rodent doing in Primates? What a downgrade. Tut. First Pluto, now chipmunks.

… oh, right. human.

30. Is that a Republican trying to eat the Obama skwerl?

31. Stressfactor says:

Re: The hovertext — as much of a “Firefly/Serenity” fan as I am, I’m afraid Admiral Ackbar from “Return of the Jedi” was the first thing that came to mind.

32. LOL Chanpon. He looks like one of those Grover Norquist Republicans (they like beards!)

This is also a kind of comment on the food chain, when you think about it.

33. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

@Stressfactor: Yeah, I was channeling Admiral Ackbar up there. But I’m kicking myself that Original Mel’s much cleverer reference to “The Princess Bride” in this thread didn’t occur to me.

34. Ooh! I don’t know who’s cuter, the primate or the rodent! They both look delish!

(Did I say that out loud?)

35. did you get a load of this guy’s flickr? it’s AWESOME! he’s so sweet and he looks out for all the chippies in his yard!! hurrah!!!

36. warrior rabbit says:
  37. Personally, I prefer Grey Poopon. ;)

38. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

@Sher and warrior rabbit: You’re going to be seeing more photos from that Flickr set on CO in the very near future, you may be sure. ;-)

39. teh qte is the best flavr.

40. ROFL @ CoffeeCup!

41. *sas wonders if she is the only one that found the primate as cute as the chippy-monk.

42. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

@CoffeeCup: We haven’t; stay tuned. ;-)

43. There’s a kind of duck that has coloring just like a chipmunk–believe it or not. I’ve seen them, but I have no idea what they’re called or how to find out. But I’m sure other CO fans would also find them adorable–maybe even CO-worthy! Anyone help me out? It would be like a Cute Mission.

44. warrior rabbit says:

Ha, I saw that, too, CoffeeCup, but I’d already pointed out the first one… Also, there are a couple of super cute closeups of almond stuffage in addition to the many Star Wars shots.

P.S. — Emma, the labels are in French, and you’re right, the guy is Canadian, but the brands are American. Just because there’s English on my Nestle product, doesn’t negate the fact that it is a Swiss brand.

45. TOO DAMN CUTE! I love chipmunks… I’ve never seen a real one, and I’d love to, but my head may go SPLORT!

46. Birdcage: I get it! Very clever! :)

47. Von Zeppelin says:

Personally, I think chipmunks go better with guacamole dipmunk.

48. How many times do I have to tell you? The chips go on the side!

49. You peeps are ca-RAAAAAAA-zy. I feel right at home.

50. Juno, is it a Gadwall?

You can go to ducks.org and see a listing of common species.

51. I don’t think so, Erin–but thanks for the link. Wow! ducks.org–who knew?? I’ll have a look around there when I have more time. I see they have smew. (What’s smew? Not much, what’s smew with you?)

52. I’ve heard of “fish and chips” but never “chips and bunns.”

53. If I could have a chipmunk eat out of my hand (or, dare I hope, sit in my hand) I could die a happy person.

54. darkshines says:

Cute guy…..

55. AuntieMame says:

Scofield, LOL! I just started my annual/sporadic/whenever-I-get-around-to-it rereading of LOTR, and now every time they call someone an Elf-friend, I’m gonna hear it in a David Seville voice. :-))))

56. Rosie – I’ve got colonies of chipmucks living on my property, and they’ve been around for a half decade at least. It’s fun to watch them scamper around on my rock walls which they make their homes in. I’ve got pictures of them. My family and I talk about our resident chipmunks.

57. Raemie L. says:

“NTMTOM – @Sher and warrior rabbit: You’re going to be seeing more photos from that Flickr set on CO in the very near future, you may be sure.”

Ooo… I shall wait in anticipashons.
    (For the post, photoshop nuffing, abuse/humiliation nuffing, and wild vs. domestication nuffing…) ;)

58. Capt' Tightpants says:

Coffeecup & Stressfactor – actually, the first thing I thought of was Ackbar from the Ackbar Cereal Commercial from Robot Chicken!!! IT’s A TRAP! (Ha, read NTMTOM’s comment after I wrote this. Go me!)

The Serenity outtake followed immediately after, and I’m still laughing.

OriginalMel: Points foh Pwincess Bwide wefewences.

59. Betcha bite a chip.

60. i wasn’t too sure about what was going on until i read the hovertext. LOL!

61. yecccch… i can’t stand squirrels. they’re rodents. i live in chicago, and you can’t spit or turn around without crossing paths with one of these things. yeccch.

62. except, of course that this is a chipmunk.