It’s about TIME you got home.

I have been SITTING out in front of this house for HOURS waiting for you.

I’ve been stretching and STRETCHINGKS!

2875727394_bf2c78b807_b

Then, I heard you come up the drive.

2872425445_f66daccf2e_b

I’ll have my glass of white wine on the veranda now, thankyouverymoishe.

Img_0605ed_2

These and MANY other prosh photos over at the Ducklings photo stream, created and submitted by Melissa G.

Comments

1. Aww, look at their little feet!

2. The stretching picture Quacked me up….

*yeah, I know it’s lame :p

3. fish eye no miko says:

Cute!
    Yay, birdies! More birdies, plzthanx!

4. Any idea what variety of ducks these are? They’re absolutely beautiful!

5. They look so soft I can almost feel them through the screen! Oh so cute!

6. Nothing ugly about those guys!

7. That’s a weird looking foot, but those guys are adorable! I love the graceful curve of their heads and beaks, and their softness.

8. Oy gevalt! That is one meaty gam!

And I never realized the webboes were reversible!

9. The stretchy foot pic made me want to go do some yoga…yay stretching!

10. I wonder what my chances of finding a cute duckling or two waiting on my doorstep are… Probably not so good. :(

I love the coy head tilt in the first picture!

11. I have just died and gone to heaven, happy.

12. Nice breastuses in the last pic.

13. ThreeCatNight says:

Delicate little websickies.
    Well, that’s just ducky by me.

14. I love the Princess Di eyes and the pink beak tip!

15. momof2kitties says:

Mini duck ‘tocks FTW!!

16. L’Shana Tovah Tikatevu, peeps!
    Take it Berthaservant—

17. (the text, it hovers)

18. That foot is adorable!

19. AHNNNN. Until now I had no idea that ducks have tiny claws on the ends of their toesies, or that they had a fourth toe up on their ankle. Can they use that fourth toe to grip things? Anybody know?

20. Sahrawi Wife says:

Tiny Ducky winglets and tiny ducky clawsies !! Who Knew Duckys had clawsies!YAY! Babbe duckies!!!

21. Try rehabbing the darling little buggers! They most certainly have little teensy claws, lol!

I’m no expert tho – I can’t seem to make up my mind what breed they are. So that prolly means Muscovy mixes? Beautiful colors on them.

The “ankle” claws could serve purposes from mating, poss grooming or even climbing on trees. Think wood ducks! Not knowing what breed I couldn’t swear what the specific purpose would be for these guys.

OH and your Public Service announcement for the day: If you feed ducks, geese, etc please use cracked corn instead of bread! The bread won’t hurt them but it’s not healthy for them either. Corn is much better!

22. chicken1mama says:

I think they are in the mood for a little Cold Duck

23. A nice glass of Chableen…
    Cheese and quackers?

24. knightofmonarch says:

Its the little brown duck – swimmin in the water – the little brown duck doin what he otter

25. I’m more transfeexed by their downy chest and butt. Yeah, deep down I’m just a T&A kind of gal, I guess.

26. awwwww. what little cuties!

27. *stretches adorable leg*

Squee!

28. Gail (the first one) says:

DUCK FEETSIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wuvs them.

29. proshest bebbe duckies evar!!!

(yes, reduced to talking like this, lol)

30. I like the skinny-necked third one best, although the background guy in pic one looks so sweet!

31. They’re so Fuzzy!! Just want to hold them and love them and listen to them quack.

Ahhh and awwww!!!

32. Reminds me of my cousin, who just had a baby boy– he told the three-year-old twins that they were going to have a baby brother, and that his name would be Declan.

The two three-year-olds gave the father a “WTF?!!” look, and one said, incredulously, “DUCKLING?!?”

33. Pink duckling sole! I just BET duckling souls are pink too. Well maybe a light fluffy fawn brown.

34. Totalee Puppy says:

Awwwwwwwwww…Want ducklings…Let’s have corn and Chardonnay…You little guys are the greatest, and tonight is a very special occasion…

35. warrior rabbit says:

Did no one look at the other pics?

Because I would LOVE to open my door to ducklings:

And the expression here is priceless:

36. People, if you haven’t looked at the other duckie pics (Warrior Rabbit give the links above), you must do so! You will not regret it!

37. Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

You can see mom in one of the pictures on Flickr. Looks like Muscovy.

38. Yes, these are Muscovy ducks. They are very friendly, too, as you can see. Having ducks for neighbors can be really fun, though they do poop everywhere.

39. Melissa G. you’re a lucky duck!

40. @Theresa Poor kid will grow up forever being called Ducky. Trust 3 year olds to permanently scar the baby emotionally. J/K.

My dh’s niece’s middle name is Harley D (not Dee) and her nickname is motorcycle thanks to grandpa. She’s doing okay with it execept that the jokes have not started in earnest about it yet (she’s 12) and refuses to tell ANYONE outside the family what her middle name is.

41. AWW! Baby Duckies! They are so gorgeous and these up close shots of them are terrific!

42. PS, in this one, 2 of them appear to be ACTUALLY QUACKING!

43. This is most certainly a prescription for depression. Two CCs of baby ducks napingks, stat!

44. compy-saur says:

I like the ducky’s puffy chest. That’s the best part to pet :-)