Shiver Me Whiskers!

Arrrrrgh, mateys!  Today be International Talk Like A Pirate Day, and ye be aboard the SS Redonkulous, the cutest vessel what ever sailed the Internets!  I’m Captain Kidd N. Kaboodle, and if it’s adventure ye be after, then welcome aboard!  And now, here’s my first(-post) mate, Mister Bleen!

Evil things people do to their pets, originally uploaded by International Talk Like A Pirate Day.

Avast there, ye scurvy dogs!  Afore ye can sail in this thread, ye’ve got to show us you’re a real pirate!  Remember, this is Talk Like A Pirate Day, so either talk the talk — or walk the plank!  Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Comments

1. Arrrrg, thar she blows…

Thank goodness there’s something else to talk about already!

2. Arr, yer drivin’ me nuts!

3. bees on pie says:

Arrrrrr. Also, bleen!

4. bees on pie says:

Rats.

*makes sad ‘arrrr’*

5. Gunmetal Ethal the Captain's Wench says:

Yaaaar, these be scurvy pirate vermin at best.. Although me thinks yon kitteh be ready to shred the mistenmast with hate ;)

(adorable probably photoshopped pirate dog)

Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day :)

6. Aye Mateys! Shiver me timbers and hoist the main sail!

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum…

7. Don’t you mean the kittenmast?

8. My grandmother told me I’m related to Captain Kidd (Kidd was her grandmother’s maiden name). No pirates in recent generations of the family, though.

9. What is a Pirate’s favorite letter????

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

10. I love the jaunty angle of kitty’s hat.

He looks mortified overall though. Oh well, it’s only once a year.

11. Some landlubber be gettin’ his scurvy ankles bitten tonight.

12. Dawn's fur babbies says:

*snicker* SS Redonkulous! *snort*
    I love this site!

13. Beth (in NC) says:

YAAAAARRRRRRRR!! This be my favorite day!

14. Oh my God. I love animals costumes! And Pirates are right up there with Star Wars characters. Har! ;D Awesomeness!

15. Luv da mathink outfits.

16. Dexter Fishmore says:

Arrggh! Is it more iced tea ye be needing?

17. Arr, me ain’t drinkin’ iced tea, Fishmore! ‘Tis a rum ‘n Arrrr-C!!

18. momof2kitties says:

LOL @ Lurker!

What kind of socks do pirates wear?

Arrrrrr-gyle, of course!!!

(witticism courtesy of my 8 year old…)

19. momof2kitties says:

Oh, and Nom-Tom? About those Depends I asked you for the other day? I be needin’ ‘em again, sir. I thank ye kindly.

20. ThreeCatNight says:

Arrggh! And who are ye callin’ a ‘scurvy dog’, Capt’n Catt, when ye can’t even keep yer litter box neat? Why do ye thinks we call it ‘the Poop Deck’ anyways? Avast yer hide!

21. Boomer's Babysitter says:

Ye ol’ human companion of the kitteh there, may be needin’ a hook to replace the soon-to-be chomped hand/foot/what-have-you when she gets her evil revenge. Just look at the eyes!! She’s plotting, I tell you!

22. kar, methinks the jaunty angle of kitty’s hat is more due to the fact that kitty has a big head, and the hat probably only fit over one ear!

23. Check it out. If you like cats in outfits (today’s is pirate) this is the site for you:

24. Billions of blue blistering barnacles dem der pets be true pirates.

(Puzzle Pirates will understand!)
    =}

25. ‘Vast, there, me hearties! When do we splice the mainbrace? Shall we keelhaul the scuppers or just holystone the decks? Mr. Bleen! ‘Hoy, Mr. Bleen! Me compliments to NTMTOM, and bid him to the orlop for grog and catnip!

26. Juniper Jupiter says:

YARRRRRR! It’d be me sisterrrrr’s birrrrrthday as well!!! I called herrrrrr and asked herrrrrr if herrrrr husband the Captain plunderrrrred herrrrr booty yet!!! :D

She groaned.

Both pics are kyoot btw!!

27. Cat needs eye-patch to complete the evil pirate look.

28. This is sick. These are animals, not toys.

29. There’s always someone.

30. Mary (the first) says:

How do you know if you’re a pirate?

31. Mary (the first) says:

(answer) You just AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

32. Mary (the first) says:

::: laughing uncontrolably at desk :: and I love the pirakitty too!! and pirapup!!

33. Cap’n Catt be leavin barrrrrrf in someones shoe tonight!

@Dexter Fishmore: be wary of tourists in tee-shirts!

Hardy-har-har!!!

34. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

‘Tis truth, Mister Theo — Thar be nuffers that lurk in these waters, arrrrr…

35. BWAAAHAAHAAA!!! “Plundered her booty!” That’s great, Juniper! Dr. Pepper nearly shot out my nose on that one. And SS Redonkulous, that’s the most awesomest name for a ship EVER! You’ll have to note that in the captain’s dog…I mean log.

36. NomTom — don’t you worry bout that Da-Glo orange life preserver.
    It won’t save you. It won’t save you.

37. Beware the manly men of the Raging Queen!!!

38. Emo, thanks so much for Daisy the Curly Cat link! I thought I was going to DIE laughing! Daisy must be so tolerants. Peeps, you’ve gotta check it out; it’s high lar i us!

This dog and cat do not look amused. I think the cat is cuter. Man, Sunny would NEVER allow me to put clothes on her. Heaven forbid!

39. Bleen + Arrrrgh =

BLARRRRRRRRGH!

40. Yar! I say, that Captain Kidd N. Kaboodle, I sure do like the cut o’ his jib.

now where’s the rum?

mom2twinzz – Avast! what ocean do you sail?

41. warrior rabbit says:

Sunnymum, did you the link re: Bonnie on the 7-pup thread?

42. no warrior rabbit i couldn’t make it back yesterday… thanks for posting I’ll go check it now. [runs to find Bonnie}

43. Aaarrh, Mr. Bleen, yar was in my chest again, arrgh! Only ye, Captain Kidd n Kabboodle, wears the red n white striped shirts and cute widdle skull and crossbones belt with matching hat and pants! Awww! I mean…ARRGH! Swab the decks ye scurvy dog!

44. Im ganna go home and put me parrot on me shoulder and say “Arghhhhh” of and hour!!!

45. Let’s have a no nuffer day! And all talk like pirates. Arrrrgghhh ya mangy nuffer.

46. Brwaack! Polly want a cracker? … Oh, wait. That’s for Talk Like a PARROT Day.

47. Captain Armaty Tharbegold Irabouts says:

This whole idea is silly. I was educated at Oxford. The fact that I ocassionally forcibly commandeer goods from those I encounter at sea does not mean I am unable to speak properly.

[*snicker* - Ed.]

48. Avast! me thinks yer cute! :)

49. GreedySkunk says:

Have you heard about the new pirate movie?

It’s rated AAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!

50. crazyweinerdoglady says:

Where do pirates like to eat? Why Arrrrrr-by’s of course!

(Beef N’ Cheddarrrrr)

51. I can’t believe that cat allowed this! Too funny! :)

52. knightofmonarch says:

We sail th 7 seas in shurch of treasure for our royal leaders- King Rauuff and Queen Peerrty

53. You guys aaaaaarrrrrrr killin’ me with the pirate talk!

54. Well, but it’s never too late, eh, firefinch? Yo ho yo ho a pirate’s life fur me! ^^

55. momof2kitties says:

O em gee. I love this site. You peeps consistently crack me up. I’m only half kiddin’ about the Depends. Arrrrrr!!!!!

56. Gail (the first one) says:

Arrrrrhh!!! Tomaarrrhow, we plunder th’ SS Temptations, th’ pride of th’ Purina fleet!! We’re takin’ her entire cargo o’treats and when we’re done, we’re gonna use their clean laundry fer litter boxes, aaarrrhhhh!

Man th’ Crow’s Nest, it’s time fer yer naps and cleanin’s and groomin’s!!

Now, see that ye scurrrvvvy cats stay out of th’ Captain’s litter box!!!! AAARRRRRHHHH!!!

57. OH NO!! Tell me it’s not Pirates of the Caribbean 4!

58. Juniper Jupiter says:

Oooo…sorry aboot that, Erebella!

Dr. Pepper is pretty harsh on the nosehairs, LOL!

As for Shadyman, it’s a good thing I WASN’T drinking any! That’s Pirate’s Gold right thar!!!LOL!!!

59. You know it’s not just interNATIONAL talk like a pirate day. It’s actually interPLANETARY talk like a pirate day. I follow the Mars Phoenix probe on Twitter and today it reported in pirate-ese from MARRRRRRS. It was digging for treasure. I assume it was cute, but we’ll never know.

60. I wonder if in 300 years people will have “talk like a drug mule” day and dress their pets up as cartel bosses and armed mercenaries.

61. What does a Dyslexic Pirate Say?

RRaaaaaaaaa!

62. OMG, those are CLASSIC! :DDD

63. Ahoy–I’da been here sooner but I was gettin’ me grog on. There’s a Pirate Festival here in Portland, so I get to be a pirate all weekend long. YAAAAAARRRR to that!

64. Thank you Berthaservant.

65. I have the best pirate joke ever,its a bit long, but worth it.

A pirate walks into a bar and the bar tender is delighted to see him. “Hey man, I haven’t seen you in a while WHOA…what happened to you?!” said the bar tender. “Whaddaya mean laddie?” says the pirate. “Well, when you left for sea a year ago, you were fine, now you’ve come back with a wooden leg, a hook for a hand, and an eye patch!”. “Well” said the pirate “you see, I was sailing around the Caribbean, and a spanish fleet started attacking us. A cannonball came, blew me leg clean off, so I had a wodden one put on”. “Wow” said the bartender, “thats pretty hardcore, so whats with the hook?”. “Well” said the pirate “I was chasing the great white whale, and the bugger jumped out of the sea, bit me hand clean off so I had a hook put on instead”. “Wow” said the bar tender “Wooden leg and a hook for a hand, so whats with the eye patch?”. “A seagull pooped in my eye” replied the pirate. The bartender looked shocked “I don’t believe that, a mighty pirate like you takes one poop to the eye and you need an EYEpatch?!”. “Aye” said the pirate, “well it was my first day with the hook!”.

*gets her coat and leaves*

66. momof2kitties says:

ooohh… GROAN!!!!!!!

Good one, darkshines. Good one.

67. Gail (the first one) says:

@darkshines: Good one!!!!!

My favorite pirate accessory I’ve seen is a Skull n’ Crossbones flag with the words “THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES”. I wish I’d bought it!!

68. Darkshines — there’s a homeless man in Isla Vista (UCSB) called “The Pirate,” a friendly sort with an eyepatch and a shopping cart, who always tells that joke trying to get $$ from the students. Not a bad joke.

And Katrina, you’re welcome. Not trying to be a nuff, but it’s odd how we’ve mythologized and venerated murdering, raping criminals (not just pirates, but gangsters, gunslingers, used car salesmen, etc.)

69. I used to work with South East Asian refugees, and I read just today that the Gulf of Aman is filled with Somali pirates- so no, pirates aren’t funny. If that is nuffing, so be it.

70. Mind you, I have a 1984 beauty with low mileage…..

71. OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! He’s KILLIN ME WITH HIS REDONKULOUS CUTENESS! I AM KILT FROM HIS CUTENESS! I CANNOT SURVIVE HIS HILARIOUS CUTENESS!

72. Totalee Puppy says:

Me and Tony-Pup wanted pirate hats to wear for Hallowe’en…Got them at the one-stop big pet shop.
    Berthaservant, we are not
    worthy…ARRRGH! (or is that Charlie Brown?) Our timbers have been shivered…the plankton awaits us…For Katrina:”For you are beautiful…and we have loved you dearly, more dearly than the spoken word can tell”…

73. UUmm, thanks, Totalee Puppy, that is very sweet. I just have a lot of life experience and some very strong opinions, oh, and I read a lot.

Hey, whenever you read this, have a great day!

74. Why is the rum always gone?

75. You’re the devil.