Cute Is Their Strong Suit

Cuteologist brothers Ron M. and Nick M. have talent in spades, bless their hearts, because they just dealt us this expert recreation of the classic "Dogs Playing Poker" paintings.

Says Ron, "After a hard weeks work chasing rabbits and chewin’ bones, my 2 dawgsRoxie (right) and Meg (left) like to chill out in the kitchen and betsome biscuits on a poker game. As usual, Meg’s gotten carried away and drank more than she can handle while Roxie dominates the game."

Hello, and welcome to every rec room in 1962.

Fun fact: In 2005, a pair of original poker-playing dog paintings sold for US $590,400 at auction.  Too rich for my blood; I fold.

Comments

1. Blur beer is the best beer.

2. awww

3. Good times, good times…

Could Roxie LOOK like she’s having any more fun [say in Chandler Bing voice]?!

4. roxie (in the chic hat) looks so HAPPY! no poker face for that one…..

5. Meg! Lay off the sauce!!

Mmmmmm, Blur Beer…

6. I look at this and I can’t help but hear Homer’s voice in my head. “They’re dogs and they’re playing poker!!!!” (goes nuts)

Roxie looks down right adorable. The hat really suits her.

7. (the original) Mel says:

Roxie gives her hand away with the dog smile.

8. Looks like Roxie wins with a furr house!

9. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

@Theo: When you say Blur, you’ve said a lot of things nobody else can say (or at least understand).

10. Roxie is adorabulhs in her hat! What a happy girl!

11. DPP Rules!! What is better? My vet has those pictures on her waiting room wall.

12. AuntieMame says:

Hee. I was gonna say…rotten poker faces, ladies. You’d never win on the pro circuit giving away your hands like that!

13. Nom Tom — WOO HOO!

14. Blur…the fuzziest tasting beer…

15. warrior rabbit says:

Roxie really reminds me of Faye Dunaway as Bonnie Parker.

16. Roxie really reminds me of Faye Dunaway as Bonnie Parker. warrior rabbit – that’s hillarious – she does look like Faye Dunaway! I’m sitting here laughing out loud and everyone thinks I’m nuts. Don’t worry about it, though, they already thought I was nuts.

17. Ya know, I think that’s pretty much what my dad’s student flat used to look like. Only with the addition of a skull with a ping-pong ball in its eye (with the myth attached that he died playing table-tennis. Sure).

18. Shouldn’t that be Bleen Beer?

And the dog’s name is Meg! Yay Meg!

19. Von Zeppelin says:

Personally, I prefer Blur Light. More taste, less blurry.

20. Mary (the first) says:

Yep, I think Roxie just went “all in” and won .. from the look on her face. That’ll buy lots of kibble n bits!

21. momof2kitties says:

I think “blur” is what happens when I’ve had too much beer!

22. I would much rather play poker with these two than the original dogs playing poker. These two look like they’re having a much more hilarious time.

23. That’s because they’re playing *strip* poker. The dog on the left is losing, see, and she isn’t all that broken up about it.

24. Awwww, look at that happy smiling fella with the hat!

25. I’m kinda worried about just what they are betting on an winning-the dog house mortgage? We have those ghastly casinos in Connecticut- and are always bombarded with “Bet with your head, not over it” reminders…it just makes one worry about who will feed and supervise the puppies while they are playing, you know? But if this is just a publicity picture, well, that’s better.

26. warrior rabbit says: