I’m waiting.

I SAID I’m waiting.

What is wrong with you I said GIN MARTINI!

Vodka isn’t even a REAL MARTINI [cracks picnic table with one mighty paw swipe and doesn't leave tip]

Unknown

::Smirk:: Thanks, Uncle Wire!

Comments

1. Chipmunk bartenders just DO NOT know what THEY’RE DOING

2. I bet he could really carve his initials in the picnic table with those things!

3. I’m looking at YOU, Colbert!

4. *runs off with bear’s blacktacular ears*

5. He’s gonna have one grizzly hangover in the morning. Someone should give him some asbearin.

Sorry, I couldn’t help it.

6. THAT’S why they’re Godless Killing Machines – all the martinis! ;)

7. Chipmunk Martini Bartender ALSO FORGOT THE OLIVE

8. There might be some serious electronical GPSing going on inside those large Bear ears. I think he can tell within minutes of salmon spawning, teen-aged Alaskans pro-creating and stuff.

9. when is Boo Boo going to get here with that pic-a-nic basket?

10. “There are not enough picnics and tasty leavings at this table. I am displeased. Bring me a Payday bar with your apologies.”

11. So that’s the way that teddy bears have their pic-nic! :P

12. Ha ha ha ha this is me and my sibs on long road trips when the driving parent would need to stop and take a stretch break. We’d just sit down and be all petulant at the rest stop picnic table and glare at them til they were ready to drive some more. ARE YOU DONE RESTING NOW?

13. To the tune of the Rolling Stones’ “I Am Waiting”

I am waiting, I am waiting (oh yeah, oh yeah)
    I am waiting, I am waiting (oh yeah, oh yeah)
    Waiting for a proper martini out here
    Waiting for a proper martini out here

You can’t hold out, you can’t hold out
    Oh yeah, oh yeah
    You can’t hold out, you can’t hold out
    Oh yeah, oh yeah
    Waiting for a proper martini out here
    Waiting for a proper martini out here

See? You’re vodka dumb
    don’t know where it’s from
    Oh, yes you will find out

Well, it happens all the time
    But I won’t change my mind
    You’ll find out

Shake it fast, shake it fast
    Oh yeah, oh yeah
    Olive last, olive last
    Oh yeah, oh yeah

Waiting for a proper martini out here
    Waiting for a proper martini out here

14. No, wait, vodka martini isn’t real martini?…Guess I’d better listen to the bear.

15. “Nuts and berries, Sheesh
    I wan dem little Japananese rice snacks , that look real purdy and taste of varnish”.

16. Von Zeppelin says:

He looks more like a “beer and a shot of Jim Beam back” kind of bear to me.

17. Na,I’ll just have a shot and a bear…

18. He’s adorable, but you don’t see the cutest part of a bear there, because he’s sitting on it.

19. Yeah. He needs a martini to wash down that last camper he ate.

20. polite bear

21. knightofmonarch says:

I’m sitting here waiting for Goldielocks – What’s it to you ??

22. Oh I don’t believe for a moment he wants a martini with his pic-a-nic basket. More like a nice cabearnet clawvignon.

(no mocha, no apologies)

23. as soon as i saw this i roared with laughter. thanks CO i really needed that!

what a great pic

24. what is the old song about the teddy bears having their picnic? oh the words are escaping me.

[http://www.parachutingtrees.co.uk/rushmore.htm - Ed.]

25. WORDS TO THE TEDDY BEAR’s PICNIC SONG

(if you don’t know the tune, check this site)

If you go out in the woods today
    You’re sure of a big surprise.
    If you go out in the woods today
    You’d better go in disguise.

For every bear that ever there was
    Will gather there for certain, because
    Today’s the day the teddy bears have their picnic.

Picnic time for teddy bears,
    The little teddy bears are having a lovely time today.
    Watch them, catch them unawares,
    And see them picnic on their holiday.
    See them gaily dance about.
    They love to play and shout.
    And never have any cares.
    At six o’clock their mommies and daddies
    Will take them home to bed
    Because they’re tired little teddy bears.

If you go out in the woods today,
    You’d better not go alone.
    It’s lovely out in the woods today,
    But safer to stay at home.

For every bear that ever there was
    Will gather there for certain, because
    Today’s the day the teddy bears have their picnic

CHORUS

Every teddy bear, that’s been good
    Is sure of a treat today
    There’s lots of wonderful things to eat
    And wonderful games to play

Beneath the trees, where nobody sees
    They’ll hide and seek as long as they please
    Today’s the day the teddy bears have their picnic

CHORUS

[...jinx? Sorta? - Ed.]

26. I think he’s waiting for Mom’s blueberry pancakes.

27. DivaPie, thank you for the words. My best friend’s mom used to sing that song to us all the time when we were little. Good memories.

I think Mr. Bear wants a turkey club on pumpernickel, dill pickle on the side, some doritos and a mountain dew.

28. thank you divapie!

owe me a coke? owe you a coke?

29. (the original) Mel says:

Oh a bear after my own heart. Vodka martinis are NOT real martinis. I’ll drink to that with a bear…Bombay Sapphire for me!

30. hey that was MY jinx! except I already have a Coke.

31. he needs a fork in one hand and a knife in the other, then he can impatiently pound them on the table like children do at restaurants. i’m actually surprised he fits on the bench, most portly people can’t fit into picnic table benches. he must be a skinny bear.

32. charliewabba says:

I think I’ve waited on this guy before.

Thanks for the extry verses, DivaPie!

33. “Um, what time is lunch?”

34. No elbows on the table, well-mannered bear. I’m waiting for the next shot where he drums his fingers on the table.

35. Who was the extremely brave soul who took that photo?

This photo gave me a giggle, but marie_n, you comment made me laugh! I love the mental image.

36. Persephone says:

I’ll have what you’re having, (the original) Mel!

37. Mary (the first) says:

I beg to differ .. vodka martinis are in fact, real martinis! However.. I’d be happy to give Mr. Bear whatever he wants. The customer is always right, after all. And in this case, big.

38. Mabel, Mabel, cute as Grable, keep your elbows off the table.

39. ButtaRumCake says:

Hmmmm – looks like he’s waiting patiently for a manicure *giggles*

40. ThreeCatNight says:

(In an Archie Bunker voice):
    “Hey, Edith, there! Where’s my beer and twinkie?”

41. watch out. sarah palin might kill it and use it a throw on the back of her couch.

42. ..it wasn’t me, it was Mary (but boy was I thinking it)
    Way to go, Mary!

I really do wonder what that bear was doing, he had to purposefully climb into that table, and sit himself down ‘just so’, what was he thinking? Bear thoughts, near thoughts, I guess…

43. Somebody bring that feller a Hamm’s beer!

44. warrior rabbit says:

LOL, lurker!

From the land of sky blue water (wa-uh-ter), comes the beer refreshing, Hamm’s the beer refreshing…Hamm’s.

45. DARN right, Mr. Bear! Hendricks, sez I, and make it dirty!

46. That is both gorgeous and spooky at the same time!!! I leaned back so as not to get too close to the bear picture…and thought about how close the picture taker was to the bear!!! I wanna pet it…can I pet it?

47. O let me bee
    your teddy bear!

;)

48. Kathleen Dutch says:

I think the bear is real cute we need a laugh sometimes and that was real cute

49. wolfwatcher says:

“So meet a bear and take him out to lunch with you

And even though your friends may stop and stare

Just remember that’s a bear there in the bunch with you

And they just don’t come no better than a bear”

50. Everybody’s got a water buffalo!
    Yours is fast and mine is slow.

Wait, wrong species…

51. Little does the bear know, Samara’s about to come out of that well!!!!

52. scooterpants says:

the service here totally sucks.
    i am so gunna leave if i dont get my shirley temple in jus about 2 minutes..
    gah….

53. So where’s mah peek-a-neek bazquet?!

Yogi Bear is smarter than the average bear,
    Yogi Bear is always in the ranger’s hair.
    At a picnic table you will find him there
    Stuffing down more goodies than the average bear!

He will sleep till noon but before it’s dark,
    He’ll have every picnic basket that’s in Jellystone Park!

Yogi has it better than a millionaire
    That’s because he’s smarter than the average bear!

54. “Give me a lemonade! In a dirty glass!”

55. There is no topping this thread’s comments! Niiiiice!

56. sweet :)

57. Aww, such polite table manners for a.. er.. bear

58. do bears sit in the woods?