Synchronized Sleeping

And let’s check in on the canine semi-finals now … looks like Bozie and Monty are in good form here as they enter their second hour …

And snore, two, three ... and yawn, two, three ...

And meanwhile, in the kitten division …

What's our secret?  MAGNETS!

Thanks to coaches Blythe J. (top photo) and Grace B. (bottom photo)

Comments

1. Like, ohmigawd, these, like, toad-ally made me
    “ohhhhh-awwwwww” out loud.

So righteous, that the
    “Ohhhhhh-lympix” added these events!!!
    Thank you NTMTOM!!!

2. momof2kitties says:

This is about how my kids looked this morning, the first day of school. It seemed cruel to wake them. I wish my kitties would do this!

3. Like, these, like,
    toad-ally made me “Ahhh-ohhh” out loud!!
    It’s, like, so righteous that the
    “Ohhhh-lympix” added this event!!!
    Thanks to NTMTOM!!

4. oops — help, editors!
    My computer didn’t show that mine had posted — I guess the website was already processing the one inbetween. Please purge one of my attempts. So sorry.

5. AuntieMame says:

I could gold medal in being-a-lazy-slob-and-not-getting-out-of-bed, but I wouldn’t be nearly this cute.

6. Juniper Jupiter says:

Heh…

The doagies are like…”Ewww…Mornin’ Bref!!”

And the kittehs are like…”Muah! Shoo…Muah! Shoo…Muah! Shoo…!”

:D

7. Mary (the first) says:

Looks like the puppehs at the top are settled between their human’s legs.. which of course is always the BEST possible place to sleep for both puppehs and kittehs.. where ever it will most inconvenience the human. Although I wouldn’t mind the incovenience to have these snugglers on my bed.

8. Yeah, I was going to say that, Mary. You can see the owner’s foot sticking off to the left. That’s pretty funny.

9. In our house we call that the Hammock O’ Love.

10. Dude, that’s the hairiest thighmaster I’ve ever seen! If the two doggies had springs in between their chests, their master would be getting the workout of a lifetime. Look at the splits s/he has to do in bed to give them space.

And the kitties are just “awww…”. Probably resting from raking the crap out of each other for 5 minutes, but still anerable.

11. You know you have a problem when you sleep around your animals. I often shift myself around in the middle of the night so as to not wake or disturb the sleeping goobies in the bed with us. Sleeping flat on my back with one leg on either side of a dog is not the most comfortable way to sleep, but I wouldn’t change it for the world!!!!!!
    Those sleeping goldens are adorable!!!! The kitties make me want to curl up and take a nap.

12. ThreeCatNight says:

Nothin’ like Puppy Huddlin’ and Kitten Canoodlin’!

13. :dumbstruck:

14. Yeah, those kittehs totally fell asleep fighting.

15. Willow's Pillow says:

(gasp) Two people made the same topical joke! Stop the interwebs!

And…aww.

16. Extra cute points for the symmetry! <3

17. Michelle S says:

Awww. The pups totally remind me of my dogs that I miss very much. :’]

18. This is the point where I come over there with a lazer pointer and start showing the axis of snorgle on a puppy duet. “Zis is how you znorgle BOF at the same time~!”

19. I can’t describe this in any effectively entertaining way, but the dogs remind me of a bit that Chico and Harpo Marx used to do (it’s in “Animal Crackers” I’m pretty sure), where they sit next to each other, then Harpo puts his leg over Chico’s, then Chico’s other leg goes on top, then Harpo’s other leg, then arm, arm, arm, arm, and heads. Believe me, if you know what I mean, it’s kind of funny. If not….uh….ooooooh, kitties!

20. Martha in Washington says:

jill-o–I love that “Hammock O’Love”. That’s my cat’s favorite place to nap.

21. Those baby cats!!!! It makes my heart melt into my feet and my body no longer function or maintain homeostasis.

22. Who’s Blythe? YOU HAVE MY NAME! And some adorable puppies!

23. Tonight, live, in our very own El Dorodo Lounge, Kitten Canoodlin’ and her Honk Shu Honeys!

24. Heehee. Sleeping goobies.

I’m glad I’m not the only who thought the kittehs fell asleep mid-smackdown.

25. And, for the record, matchingks in the first photo.

26. Economically speaking, sleeping in pairs is much more productive and energy efficient than sleeping solo in that it enables specialization. This way, one puppeh (or kitten, as the case may be) can focus strictly on his or her honk, while the other need only concentrate on shu. Thus, a greater number of honk-shus can be produced in the same amount of time and less training is required. Adam Smith would be proud.

27. Aesthetica says:

ok i have a dirty mind. with the kitties a “bowm chick-a bow bow” went off in my head. i need a nap. but the kittehs are still prosh anyway.

28. Totalee Puppy says:

When we had the post about the striped
    “Yin and Yang” kittens, someone made a comment that it would be nice to have one black kitten and one white kitten curled around each other…NTMTOM
    takes requests!

29. love it, mel2!

30. dog photo, wow! mirror image twins.
    cat photo-two of my cats get into a “i’m washing you” “no i’m washing you” battle sometimes.thats what this photo made me think of because
    my two cats play,fight,sleep together, and neither would want to be away from the other, ever.

31. Bird of Paradise says:

Yay kitty-snuggling! On a sort-of-related note, this long-time cat lover recently became a first-time cat owner :-) I was so heartbroken when my shelter kitty ran away immediately after I adopted her, but the people up the block found her wandering around and I got her back! Within just a few hours she transformed from a scared, crying furball into a happy, well-behaved cat rolling over for belly rubs and demanding constant atten-shons, even using her litter box! Now all I need is a name for her that reflects her sweet, loving personality. Any ideas?

32. Bird of Paradise.Look up Del Shannon’s “My little Runaway” lyrics on Google

“and I wonder
    A-where she will stay-a
    my little runaway, run, run, run, run, runaway.

Runaway could be a good name.

33. May be it don’t reflect her loving nature, but it is what she did, and run run as a diminutiveis teh cute.

34. Bird of Paradise: You could call her “Da-doo” as in “Da-doo Run-Run, Da-doo Run-Run,” or am I dating myself?

35. Katrina is a nice name, Bird of Paradise, Del Shannon notwithstanding.

36. Sharon Wilson says:

THERE’S your interlocking Lego kitties!

37. Totalee Puppy says:

Re: Names for kitten–Dulce (DOOL-say)in Spanish means sweet and also loving…or the longer Dulcinea
    (DOOL-see-NAY-uh) for
    Don Quixote’s lady in
    “Man of La Mancha”.

38. Totalee Puppy says:

BIRD OF PARADISE–Thanks and blessings for adopting a kitty from a shelter. I re-read your story and now I realize we are talking about a cat, not a kitten. Still, I hope the names I suggested might interest you. They are appropriate for a grown cat.

39. Oh, Totalee Puppy, I love that show and ‘Dulcinea’ is one of my favorite songs- I cry when I hear it.

Watch, I’ll be humming it all the way up to our orchestra rehearsal this afternoon, eeehhhhh, it could be worse!

40. THERE HUGGING ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE AND ADORABLE THEY R 1 WITH EACHOTHER