What?

I’m sorry, what?

What was that?  Diiiiiiiiiiiiiidn’t quite catch that last part.

Come again?

Huh?—wait. Please? [ears rotate in all directions]

Fennec fox, originally uploaded by floridapfe.

Extreme Whisker Close Up comin’ atcha:

Doubting foo suggested this pic, which lead to the one above… ;)

Comments

1. biscuithead says:

WOW!!!!
    LOVES ME THE FENNEC FOXES!

2. nice one! Bigger ears=cuter! This rule is demonstrated by bunnies and Papillons, which are my 2 favorite pets.

3. EARS!!!!!!!!!
    (sorry, didn’t mean to shout…)

4. It looks like you could hide the entire head, except for the ears, with one hand!

5. If you cover the ears up with your hand, it could be a bebeh seal, a puppeh, and, with a bit of ‘huahua squintings, a kitteh. Then uncover the ears again—SURPRISE!!

6. does it get dish tv with those things????? :-D

7. Seriously, from the same set of photos…

What do you think he’s thinking about? Jeez! He’s people!!!

8. If you could cross that with a red panda, it would take over the world.

On the other hand, that face could take over hte world.

9. I keep telling you peeps, get a Corgi if you can’t get a Fennec Fox- ears galore!

Wonderful picture!! as someone said EARS!!!!!! Kris, I’m shouting.

10. Can someone explain what those folds on the bottom of the ears are for? I noticed cats have them to. Is it for turning the ear around?

11. peachfish says:

Hello new wallpaper!

12. Ai’m awl, uh, EERZ.

13. tracyFlick says:

Wow. If what they say about big ears is true…it’s going to be REALLY famous.

14. HA! Tuning in Tokyo – I was just thinking that before I read the hovertext. “I just heard a pin drop.” “Oh yeah, where?” “Cleveland, I think.”

I’m curious about those odd flappies on the back, too. My golden retriever/cattle dog mix Trixie also has them. What on earth are they for?

15. I wish fennec foxes were legal pets in the USA. So cute!

16. I’m pretty sure they (those extry flaps) help funnel sounds and are used for mobility (the ears’ mobility, not the cat’s).

17. my sister's cat is a blob says:

I’m not sure what’s cuter, the ears or the little Fu Manchu.

18. couldn’t ask for a foxier fox!!

;0) *snicker*

19. “herself”, Fennecs are legal in the USA but I don’t know if it’s on a state by state basis. There’s one living with a girl around the corner from me, I go visit her sometimes just to see the fox. I don’t know if it’s really the best thing for it, but it seems happy and healthy.

20. KailisnRileysMom says:

Love ears!!! My papillon, Kaili has beautiful
    ears, but if you want to see some gorgeous
    ones, check out beautiful Ferris at aleda-
    letit papillons. They are out of this world!

21. OMG. I has overloaded from da’ cuteness!

22. Those flaps are for ear mobility. It is called a cutaneous pouch.

23. Juniper Jupiter says:

Oh my!! Those ears are so nommable soff kronschable!!

And big enough to share and pass around!!!

24. ThreeCatNight says:

Fennecopter or
    RotoFox – YOU decide!

25. Boomer's Babysitter says:

A cutaneous pouch?! Really? That makes sense, AND it’s cute. Gotta love language.

26. Most perfectest caption for a picture EVER!

27. Ok, does anyone else want to *boop* his nose?

28. ::right clicks::
    ::sets as desktop::

29. I wish to hug him and squeeze him and call him George.

Actually, I’d probably call him Fred. Sounds like a better name for a fox.

Or maybe my brain just isn’t working from the meltdown brought about by teh cuteness.

30. White cheeks + black whiskers = TEH QTE

31. FENNEC FOX!!! Ooh, erm, sorry, I’m shouting too. But it’s just SCHO KYOOT! *grabs and snorgles and plays smoochy and smooshy wif da ears*

32. darkshines says:

If you cover his ears, he looks like a ferret with extra large eyes.

33. darkshines says:

Actually its more like a meercat (I had to experiment in MSPaint, lol)

34. Brak_Silverbone says:

Scientists in Japan announced today that they have successfully created what they are terming “the world’s first cute home satellite TV receiver.”

35. Fred’s a better name cos George lost his ear!

36. Brak_Silverbone says:

Or no, wait… “Can you hear me NOW?”

37. Aw, so adorable!

38. guttersnipe says:

AHHHH!!! Fennec foxiness uber alles!!!

I’ve always been a cat person … am I a traitor for the sake of Fennec-kiness? Should I feel guilty for thinking this is the cutest thing on four paws?

39. Just want to point out the beautiful eyes as well!

40. Mary (the first) says:

WOW! looks like he could pick up radio static from, like, Saturn on those things! And I also love the “fu manchu”/whiskers. TOO much!

41. If you turn him slightly to the left, you’ll pick up the live broadcast from the Olympics.

42. Oh my gosh, too fricking cute those lil’ foxes!

43. I could nom on those ears FOREVER! Could even be better than chocolate bunneh earz.

Seriously . . . the whiskas, the huge ears and oversized eyes – gotta qualify as one of the top 10 cutest critters ever. Maybe #7?

44. Guttersnipe, being that the fennec fox is the feline canine, I think you’re probably okay.

And on a side note, D’AWWWWWW! :D

45. This little man actually took my breath away.

46. Check out those chin whiskers!

47. After looking through the photostream, I am amazed that you could choose only one pic! check out this little guy http://www.flickr.com/photos/floridapfe/2478107696/

48. I feel like I need to share this story with Cute overload–when I went to the Egyptian desert last month, my brown leather sandals went missing. We discovered that they had been toted a few hundred feet away by a fenec fox and chewed up! I didn’t mind though–they were sooo cute and the sandals were old anyways!

49. charlotte says:

that little critter is absolute perfection.

50. squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fennec

51. Gasp1 Wheeze! This is the ULTIMATE cute!

[falls off chair]

52. This one is my favorite. He looks so soft! CUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!!

53. Daphne Moss says:

Helpless before the master! I bow to the cuteness! How old is this babeh?
    How can I snorgle it??

54. KailisnRileysMom, thanks for the referral! After looking at those pics I had to go get the brush and fluff up my Papillon’s ears! And now he’s sleeping in front of the fan so he kinda looks like he could fly.

55. VERIFY RANGE TO LUNCHIES

ONE PING ONLY

56. Catman Dude =^-.-^= says:

I…hear….dead…people!

57. He looks as if he has something to say, too.

58. Wasn’t there a whole bank of New Mexico fenneceses/fennix/fenniculae hearing SETI pings in the Jodie Foster movie ‘Contact’?
    Very. Large. Earray.
    ‘I can hear Vega!’

59. Totalee Puppy says:

“When what to my wondering
    eyes should appear…
    But a tiny fennec fox, overloaded with EARS!!!!!”

I can no longer resist the
    cuteness…the cuteness…
    cute…Ack!

60. Quit shouting, people! I seriously doubt this lil baby is hard of ‘earing! ;-D

*ducks and runs for cover*

61. Totalee Puppy says:

DUB1–Glad you reminded me about the movie “Contact.” Lots of scenes in the desert…Lol “Earray.”

BOOMER’S BABYSITTER–You beat me to the punch on cutaneous pouch comment–enjoyed what you had to say.

62. Totalee Puppy says:

LERRINUS…Remember there are bushels of overripe
    tomatoes left from the recent tomato-scare.

63. GAH! Where did my soul go?!??

64. I opened this picure and just had to laugh out loud for the joy of it all. Happy, happy picture! Hard day of work and airline travel. I needed this little face of joy!

65. Angela-Eloise says:

Excellent Hunt for Red October ref, Zombie.

66. Those ears!! They’re looking into my soul!!! WANT!!!!

67. Just one of those miracles of cuteness that makes you wonder WHAT God was thinking… or maybe not, but you know what I mean. ;)

68. eikoleigh says:

cute!

69. Denise Conner says:

the fennec kit. :)

70. Denise Conner says:

the <3 didn't come through!

71. OMG SQUEEE!!! How adorable!

::beeps the nose::

72. Awwww, his little chin hairs remind me of grandma!

73. I third (fourth?) the squee! I don’t know when I started making that sound out loud at my computer. I blame you.

74. FENNEC — EARZEZ — aaaaahnghhhh.

*spoit* *thud*

75. I tend to chew on my cats’ ears (2 cats, 4 ears)…they’re satisfying and all, but DAMN! I would SO go to town on those bad boy ears on that fox! WHEW MAMA! *nom nom nom* Furevers!

76. Ok I have more… If you folded one the little guys ears forward (which I’d never do nor do I recommend! gahd), it would cover his whole face. THAT KICKS SO MUCH @$$! LOL!

77. OMG THE EARS!!!!!!

Bebeh Fennec is the cutest kit EVAH!!!!

MUST HAVE

78. Fennec: Osama has just been to the bathroom and, eew, he didn’t wash his hands.

79. the cuteness, it hurts!!!

80. Fun fact, courtesy of my mother, a small mammal interpreter (actual job title, my hand to God) at the National Zoo. The Fennec Fox they have used to be a pet, and his name is “Radar.” With those ears, he probably could pick up just about any frequency.

81. ButtaRumCake says:

@Zombie – love the H4RO reference – one of my favorite movies… Connery is HAWT!!!!!

82. Yes, tomatoes are scary when they are over-ripe and aimed in my general direction…! LOL!

*sings* ‘Earings, nothing more than – ‘earings!

*ducks and runs for cover again*

83. geneticlemon says:

LOL, this picture just got on woot.com!

84. AGrant311 says:

I was also going to say this little guy is on Woot. Now, if Shirt.Woot will make a shirt with him…

85. Fennec foxes are my favorite! Too cute!

86. Do you think it’s possible to credit the person that actually took the picture any smaller?

And when oh when will you actually ask permission to take their pictures?

87. ButtaRumCake-oooooohhh, yeah.

My husband allows me to fantasize about him while we watch the movie-the heat, the heat…..one of my favorite movies, too.

OK, back to the regular world, say, how ’bout those Mets?

88. This site has made me crazy about fennec foxes! I now have a “fox box” on my desk. It is covered in pics of cute fennec foxes (like there’s one that’s not cute – d’oh!)and it holds scratch paper for messages. And yes, everyone thinks I’m a bit nuts. So what else is new??

89. sunnymum- hold your ground. You are a creative genius and you know it. People just don’t understand. We do.

90. As Ross Perot used to say, “I’m all ears.”

91. That is the cutest fricken animal I’ve ever seen! What is it%Pr