Must be pledge week at Monkey U

Bro!—not everyone is Alpha Tau Omega material. You gotta, like, earn it. [Adjust baseball cap and spits chew into cup]

Prove your loyalty by taunting baby tigers, endure paddling by your Big Brother, successfully wrestle Brother Tacker naked in the jello kiddie pool and come back to the House with a girl’s panties by midnight TONIGHT!

[Secret handshake] Please, Xenia V., may we have another?

Extended monkeying here.

and here.

Comments

1. oh that’s so cute.

and brave.
    very very brave.

2. What hath natural selection wrought?

3. ‘Gotcha ear!’ hee hee hee ‘Gotcha tail!’ hee hee hee ::monkey skips awaaaay and back:: ‘I’ma GETCHA!’

Tiger teen: ::stalks away, mumbling:: you jest wait til ima big tyeggee. i be free hunner pounds of get YOU.

4. Awwww, pretty tigers!! I kind of wanted one of them to catch that monkey and swat him a bit….nobody gets hurt, natch, but fair is fair!

5. Love the tiger tail pull.
    That’s one ballsy monkeh!

6. Oh those crazy frat boys, what will they think up next? BTW, are they selling tickets to the naked jello wrestling?

Love, love, love the monkey! Just hope Mommy Tiger doesn’t show up.

7. (the original) Mel says:

All we need now are pirates, ninjas and strippers.

8. I’ve seen this one before…it’s pretty incredible!

9. Our simian friends like to live dangerously:

10. Legotech says:

I think this is the definition of Cheeky Monkey.

11. Kallisto says:

Okay, cute. And in Irish Gaelic???? Yay!

12. Cute, and also obnoxious, like many things I like!

I am instinctively forced to chime in, though, and point out that the little stinker is a gibbon, which means he’s a small ape rather than a monkey. No tail, among other things.

13. P.S. I’m a huge fan of your site and have you on my “blogroll”:) If you find that you like my site as well, could you add me to yours?

14. Desdemona says:

Chalk one up for us primates!! [high fives gibbon]

15. ThreeCatNight says:

Terrific. All I’m getting is the cutesy audio, but the video is “unavailable”.
    Oh well.

16. he really was having so much fun. he’s all “hey, don’t go!”

17. LOVE how fast the cheeky monkey is! Makes the tigers look like sloths. Between the taunting and the swinging, that monkey is having a good time.

18. Lizzypoo says:

Naughty little booger!!

19. Hon Glad says:

“Well Mr Gibbon, you are either very brave or very stupid.” Strokes white Persian cat.

20. I love the tail-yank at 0:54! Tiger wants a piece of that monkey, that’s for sure!!

21. Catsquatch says:

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Thats the funniest thing Ive seen in a LONG TIME!!!!!

Im still laughing!!

22. Where can I get one of those for my kitty cat?

23. scooterpants says:

i was kinda rooting for the tiger.
    cheeky monkey (er-I mean ape, whatever)

24. auntbaby says:

what happened to the video>

25. Katiedid says:

It says video is no long available… anyone else having problems??

26. Seriously, peeps, embedded YouTube clips are always wonky like this. I don’t know why. Just press F5 to refresh your browser, then try it again. It’s working, honest.

(btw, I adjusted the size & added hovertext)

27. lurkingsmirk says:

How cute–this must be why there are Asian folk tales about Monkey annoying the heck out of Tiger and outsmarting him at every turn!

28. Ah, but it’s a gibbon–a lesser ape–and therefore even more awesome than a monkey!

29. Thanks to Daniel and cmb for pointing out the title mistake. Not to be obnoxious, but calling a gibbon a “monkey” was bugging me, too.

Sorry, that’s what studying primates can do.

Nice video, though. I was cracking up!

Gibbons are one of my favorite primates!

30. thanks for the giggle! and for having such a heartwarming website….makes my otherwise crappy day, just a little bit better! _weepy in charleston

31. sunnymum says:

OMG that’s hilarious! I don’t think tigers are used to being messed with! What a look on the gibbon’s face after the tiger’s left!

32. sunnymum says:

oops, after the tigers left – nothing possessive there

33. Kinda hoping those tigers grow up and eat that gibbon… lol definitely siding with the kitties on this one, but what else is new?

34. The actions of the monkey are so typically human, annoying a big beast for no other reason than amusement, that no one watching this could doubt our common ancestry.

35. Paunchie says:

Nother repeat, but crajee funneh anyway. Love the gibbons, remember the one with the wombat or whatever waiting for the bus all GD day?? ha ha.

36. moggyfan says:

Gibbon, Thy name is Dinner.

37. weensicka says:

Is it wrong that I want the momma tiger to come by and eat the monkey?

38. i love gibbons! and i bet this gibbon knows the one with the wallaby purse who waited all day for the GD bus.

gibbons! gibbons!

39. starling says:

It was a wallaby, Paunchie, and I’m still trying to figure out what that picture was all about!

40. Yay ATO! Them’s my boys. And they behave very similarly to the monkey in this video. Maybe they should rename their big annual party “Jungle”?

41. hahahahahaha… Soooo funny! Poor little tigers left hooomiliated. I feel sorry for them… well, just a bit. No doubt the primate was conscious he was dealing with amateurs. I bet he was taking his revenge for all those times he had to flee for his life.

42. Brilliant hovertext!

I don’t know about gibbons but for sure monkeys can be incredibly nervy. Don’t get me wrong, I love monkeys, gibbons, and all manner of primates. But I’ve had some experiences… I had one jump on my back, startling me; at the same time he (she?) reached around and whipped my glasses off my face. Surprise surprise, a human standing nearby offered to get them back – for a fee.

Then there was the time monkeys came into my hotel room and threw my undies and pajamas into the branches of the tree outside the window…

43. lucy's mommeh says:

Primate+little turd!

44. ah, must be the classic “The Diary of a Cheeky Monkey” as narrated by the Swedish Chef.

45. why’s jackie chan hitting those bebeh tigers

46. No no no… Jackie Chan starred in Drunken Master, not Monkey Disaster.
    (That was Jack Black.)

47. Got a tiger by the tail!

48. 0:22 -

*tiger 1 tackles tiger 2*

Tiger 2: Hey, that wasn’t me!

Tiger 1: Yeah, but you’re closer.

49. “The nature of Monkey was irrepressible!”

50. that is one über confident gibbon!! he knows those big kittehs can’t touch him. Remarkably, Gibbons do this kind of teasing very frequently.
    I know of one in Laos named Damnit who was pretty full of himself too.

51. Jing Jong says:

Awesome. What’s with the backwards devil talk at the end?

52. Why does Craig Fergeson come to mind?

53. That gibbon had better get his yayas now, because those tigers won’t be cubs much longer. I sense gibby-snacks in the future.

54. I just love these gibbon video’s! They’re my favourite primates :) They have so much fun, great sense of humour!

55. This is like the opposite of those “messin’ with Sasquatch” commercials.

56. Katie Kat says:

ZOMG! I love it where the gibbon skips off all sideways-like and then swings up into the tree and back down and BOPS the tiger cub on the head!

LMAO! That gibbon reminds me of Spiderman!

MADE MY DAY!

57. Thats no Monkey! That is my Fav lesser ape; a Gibbon!

58. Catsquatch says:

Ok, the hover text just kilt me ;D

59. wagthedogma says:

Am I the only one a bit troubled by how much Meg seems to know about fraternity hazing?

60. I thought it was kind of a turn-on.

61. wagthedogma says:

Kinky Ed.! :D

62. Tiger to bro: ‘What’s for dinner?’

Bro tiger: ‘Looks like monkey kebabs again!’

63. awesome!!!! …if only they made them in a smaller size to torment my cat, so maybe he’d gain some perspective and stop tormenting the girls!

64. Wow, what a dumb monkey! He got lucky, but this is definitely not a good survival strategy.

65. He actually pulls their ears! What a cheeky lesser ape. This will be my favorite for a while.

66. I like that theme song; it sounded almost like a video game. “Tease the Tiger…” I’d play that!

67. Okay, not theme song, background music. I’ve been awake way too long.

68. darkshines says:

Come on everybody
    It’s gibbon time

We’re the Goodies
    How do you do?
    We’ve just been down to the zoo
    We saw a monkey in a cage
    Doing a dance
    That could be the rage
    It’s not hard
    So let’s all do the funky gibbon
    Ooo, ooo, ooo

Do, do, do the funky gibbon
    (The funky gibbon)
    We are here to show you how
    Ooo, ooo, ooo
    Ooo, ooo, ooo, the funky gibbon
    He’s just like you
    So come on and do
    The funky gibbon now

Dogs are always howlin’
    Cats are always yowlin’
    But gibbons only
    Like to sing and dance
    Oop, oop, sh boop

You’ll be like that monkey
    Get a little funky

The funky gibbon now

Ooo, ooo, the funky gibbon
    Ooo, ooo, ooo the funky gibbon

We slap that gibbon
    Oh, feel the rhythm
    And you’ll groove
    And dance up to the planet of apes

Do, do, do the funky gibbon
    We are here to show you how
    Ooo, ooo, ooo
    Ooo, ooo, ooo, the funky gibbon
    (The funky gibbon)
    He’s just like you
    So come on and do
    The funky gibbon now

Ooo, ooo, the funky gibbon
    Ooo, ooo, ooo the funky gibbon

Ooo, ooo, the funky gibbon
    Ooo, ooo, ooo the funky gibbon

Now everybody get ready
    To do the funky gibbon
    Drop one arms down by your knees
    And the other arm
    Reach up to the trees

Let your wrist go limp
    Like a bent baboon
    Get ready to sing
    This gibbon’s tune

Will you give me an ooo
    (Ooo)
    Will you give me another ooo
    (Ooo)
    And will you give me an ooo
    (Ooo)
    Now put ‘em together
    What’ve you got
    (Ooo, ooo, ooo)

Do, do, do the funky gibbon
    We are here to show you how
    Ooo, ooo, ooo
    Ooo, ooo, ooo, the funky gibbon
    (The funky gibbon)
    He’s just like you
    So come on and do
    The funky gibbon now

Ooo, ooo, the funky gibbon
    Ooo, ooo, ooo the funky gibbon

Ooo, ooo, the funky gibbon.
    Ooo, ooo, ooo the funky gibbon

He promised to buy me
    A bunch of blue gibbons
    To tie up my bonny brown

Ooo, ooo, the funky gibbon
    The funky gibbon

69. that was great! loved the music :) They should make a kid’s tv series out of that one!

70. just had to make sure the ape-ness was pointed out… missy, i feel ya! studying primates has turned me into one of those “um ‘scuse me, not a MONKEY!” people.
    if you cant beat em, join em!