Mom Always Liked You Best

Life wasn’t all fun and games for me in the NTMTOM household, no sir.  My younger brother, Tommy NTMTOM, would get all the best grubs brought home by Mommy NTMTOM, while I had to … assist with feeding.

Yeah, but I'll get to pick out her nursing home, heh heh.

Awesome sender-innering, um … (shuffling notes) … hang on … (shuffle, shuffle) … Meg, er … somebody.

Comments

1. Awww, poor little birdie!!!

2. katiedid says:

awww lol.. reminds me of me and my brothers haha..

3. purrculier says:

WOW! Evidence photo for sibling aurgument,”MOM DID SO LIKE YOU BEST”! That being said. HA! HA! HA! the expression on the birdie face! *BLEEN*

4. cheesybird says:

Awww, poor bubby!! He looks so resigned.

*Awesome* Smothers Bros reference, NTMTOM!

5. sunnymum says:

Freaking hilarious!

6. Reminds me of our family photos of birthday parties from back in the day. You would see me sitting in front of the birthday cake with my mom’s hands over my brothers mouths to stop them from blowing them out before I could. Of course the picture after that would be me crying because they some how always managed to blow the candles out before I could.

7. Hon Glad says:

Nom Tom, my heart bleeds for you, were you the runt of the litter? er failure of the fledgelings?

8. “It’s so stimulating, being your hat. Tee hee.”

9. smokeyJoe says:

mom sez: you’re kinda in my way.

10. browngrl says:

I know this post will prove just how out of touch with current affairs I am – but what does NTMTOM mean?

11. “BOOM Headshot!”

12. Browngrl — check the byline.
    (under the post, above the comments)

13. Now there is the Meg Griffin of the bird world.

14. Nice Labyrinth reference!!

15. Minutiae says:

The little guy looks all disgusted and humiliated. Poor thing. Heh.

16. Theo, I will love you forever for that quote.

17. Virginia says:

Thank you for the Smothers Brothers reference. XD!! It makes for much happiness.

18. The boid looks really ticked off!

The Labyrinth – Best. Movie. Ever.

@Theo – You recently told me I was full of win and awesome. I must now return the sentiment.

19. *sheesh*

20. Clairezilla says:

wha? no nuffs on here complaining about how the photographer should have jumped in and saved baby boid #2? WON’T SOMEBODY THINK OF TE CHILDREN?!?!?

21. Pat Trenner says:

Holy squashed bird head, my entry got posted! Thank you thank you thank you!

22. [thinking of the children]

Hmm, summer vacation seems to mean Family Guy reruns, at the moment.

23. purrculier says:

Should’nt that be refered to as Smothered Brothers quote.*ducks pudding bomb*

24. browngrl says:

thanks theo – once again I see my degrees have earned me no practical information

25. That poor bird is going to need years of therapy to get over this. Otherwise he’ll end up like NTMTOM.

26. Kallisto says:

What Eris said! And here I thought, no-one knew that film…

27. Similar scenes are going on outside my window as I type!

28. Heh. I only quoted it because somebody quoted it before me, a while back. Probably here on Cute Overload, even. “Labyrinth” is still quite a popular niche movie amongst internet folks, like “The Princess Bride” and “Santa Claus Conquers the Martians”.

29. “And that’s when I knew, I was not favorite”

30. What on God’s cute-filled earth does NTMTOM mean??

31. Browngrl, you wanna field Dave’s question?

32. Santa Claus conquers the martians rules! And that leads me to my Family Guy reference… KISS saves Santa!

33. Martha in Washington says:

Obviously he is the middle child!

34. @Dave: Sorry, I have gotten so used to people referring to my rather long posting handle by its initials that I just take for granted that everyone knows it, but that was a bit presumptuous of me. Won’t happen again. :-)

35. NTMTOM, the initials make it cuter.

So your brother also could have been named NTMDICK, I guess?

now, folk songs and yo-yos!

36. Erebella says:

OMG, that’s hilarious! I laughed so hard I shocked a co-worker walking by my office, and of course I had to yank him in here and point breathlessly at the screen while I fell off my chair.

Speaking of falling off my chair, that scene in Labyrinth when they’re running across that stinky moat thing and every single step has a particular sound effect, I nearly passed out laughing, especially when the dog ran across.

37. muttluver says:

Hilarious! And I think Nom Tom is the best name for Not That Mike The Other Mike. (I picked up on the initial thing fairly quickly.)

38. The facial expression is classic! Who says birds don’t feel?

39. Erebella says:

I know that when I read NTMTOM, my mind goes Nom Tom. Mr. Mike NomTom.

40. My mom used to step on my head too and feed my sister :(

*calls therapist*

41. Erebella-I always read NOMTOM, too, so that’s how I refer to him. He doesn’t seem to mind.

Do you? Hope not.

42. I gotta say cool name: NTM TOM (maybe that’s ’cause I finally figured it out)

43. %^**
    O*(-&/*
    .852+625+*+)Pabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy a:P)(
    n”()d z GTRU”+*)&LIOP8otrg8i4r1t687g245uh/l;983
    +:P(+P&*MKI( V$+

44. I have nothing to say but awwwwwwwww. Just like everyone else. Poor little buddy.

In my family that would be my little brother being fed and me providing the perch for mom. LOL! I’m not kidding! She really loves us all, but she just can’t help babying that boy! ;D

45. Oh ha-ha! I just saw Barbara’s comment! Maybe we should form a club called the Club of the Stepped On Siblings or something? I’ll write a song for it (country of course). Let’s see the beginning will go “Mommy’s foot on my head…it weighs a ton, but my brother’s fed…”

Okay, you finish! ;D

46. I think I just died. Too much.

47. That pic is immense!!

NTMTOM = Not That Mike The Other Mike

48. Jmper, maybe you were too slow at blowing those candles? A lad wants some cake and can’t wait eternally!!

Martha of Washington: not necessarily a middle child. See, we have missed what happened just before and we are judging hastily. That birdie is the eldest and was bickering his brother. Mom arrived and saw that, so she said as she shut that little beggar’s beak: “No dinner for you just now! You get your turn next time… if you’re nice!”

49. catvicc4r says:

LOL hovertext!

50. Martha in Washington says:

Blanche-being a middle child myself I was probably projecting a little bit there.

51. *kronsche* “Mom, my neck…”

52. Gail (the first one) says:

GREAT hovertext, Teho!!!!

@Martha in Wash: I was thinking “middle child”, too!!!!

53. Oh Gail, I bet you are also a middle child yourself. I must confess: so am I. Therefore my first thought was “Sigh! That poor young one is likely the middle child.” But looking closely I decided there can’t be a middle child with only two baby birds, now can there?” And I realized I was projecting. Didn’t want to throw a pity party so I imagined a fairer scenario, giving mama boid the benefit of the doubt.

54. Caroline says:

Yknow… I totally thought of the TV show, Everyone loves Raymond. heh.

55. Gail1 — not my hover, this time. It’s gotta be NomTom’s.

56. NOMTOM- oh, pwesume, pwesume!

57. really awesome photo..