Move over, Dramatic Chipmunk

Because Dramatic Kitteh is the new Dramz in town.

And just in case you missed it the first 8,234,789 times, we give props to the Original-Dramatic-Prairie Dog-Who-is-Always-Confused-As-A-Chipmunk:

Ms. Q., say it with me now: "Dahn dahn daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahn!" [looks over shoulder]

Comments

1. near first, and btw awsome

2. aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahah!!!

i think this may have beaten out the prarie dog!!

3. i fully expected someone else to post before i got that one in, so now i gloats FIRST FIRST FIRST. and now i can spend time talking about vid: thats great. slowwwwly turn to drama…starts to fade….DRAMA AGAIN!!

4. her wider-than-wide eyes are the best part. she whips that chipmunk’s ass.

5. and the double-take!!!

it kinda looks like she has a white shawl around her shoulders, to keep off the chill…

6. I love how she saunters off at the end.

7. The cat needs better editing and different music. “Dramatic chipmunk” music works only for the prairie dog.

You need something more menacing and dark for the cat. Like an old 1940’s radio voice. “Who knows what darkness lies in the hearts of me?” Cat turns around. “THE SHADOW KNOWS!”

Or something of the like.

8. Not even close, the prairie dog’s dramatic performance is far superior than the amateurish cat. The new clip is too long and poorly edited. Tsk. Nope.

Oscar = Prairie Dog
    Razzy = Imitator Cat

9. muttluver says:

The cat was cuter.

10. OMGOMGOMGOMG!! I almost peed myself!!!

11. ohmylord, sry the prairie dog is DEFINITELY BEATEN!!

12. omg, tff! that’s a scottish-fold cat, no? the indignant look on the cat’s face, the “don’t you eff with me” attitude. rofl, easy winner over the dramatic prairie dog, for sure! also kind of funny both animals are both from Asia. are animals in asia more dramatic than elsewhere? hehe.

*goes and watches videos again*

13. yankeebird says:

Hahaha, I submitted this yesterday too. Of course, this anerable Scottish Fold kitteh comes to us from… Japan! It’s yet another example of them handing us our asses in cuteness.

14. One of the YouTube-suggested “related” videos is this dramatic lemur. The music is perfect, too:

15. fish eye no miko says:

NTMTOM said: “One of the YouTube-suggested “related” videos is this dramatic lemur. The music is perfect, too”

Great, Momo’s gotten into the cactus juice again…

16. I am a cat lover, but even I think the prairie dog kicks a$$. As does Other Mike’s Dramatic Lemur suggestion. Sorry, Kitteh…but you are still cute.

17. I like that prairie dog one. Reminds me of my hamster whenever he hears a sudden noise.

18. (the original) Mel says:

Darn those Japanese! Teh Qte is with them.

19. Dexter Fishmore says:

The prairie dog remains the king.

20. momof2kitties says:

This one made me gol (guffaw…) w00t!!

BTW, here’s my ass for the kicking…again.

21. What are you DOING??? That’s my BAD SIDE!!!

22. The cat one made me snort!

And I also really like the lemur, especially with the THX soundtrack. The best way to play that music is to start quietly and then crank it as it gets louder. Yay George Lucas!

23. I vote that the prairie dog continues to hold the title. The essential quick zoom-in is missing, and there’s too much silent footage before and after the big moment.

Cute cat, yes. Dramatic Animal Idol, no.

-Simon ;)

24. Ok, that lemur is going to give me nightmares. But that music couldn’t have been more perfect.

25. The prairie dog holds the drama trophy. He has this look that we often see on characters in soaps just after someone’s made an astonishing and unexpected announcement: taaaah tah taaaaaaah! (Puzzled look on everyone’s face.)

26. muttluver says:

I agree. The lemur was hilarious, but scary. I was never a fan of the prairie dog one, so I have to say the cat wins. The lemur tops ‘em both, though.

27. muttluver says:

Baroo? *cocks head* Did my comment not go through?

Anywho, the lemur scares me, but the music they put to it is hilarious. So is fish eye no miko’s momo comment, am I the only other one who gets the joke?

28. OMG- I love how the kitty is literally watching TV.

29. muttluver says:

I just wanted to say, SORRY! I did not mean to double post. I just didn’t see my first one. Baka compy…

30. scooterpants says:

OMG both are so excellent.
    i wonder if since the kitteh was sitting so close to the tv, that when he flung his head around(almost ALL the way around like an owl people!)
    that his vision got all wanky and so the poking out eyebulbs?
    i kinda feel bad for the kitteh, since he looks so totally freaked out! “dont you touch that flippin remote! I’ll gouge your eyes out!”

31. “I’M WATCHIN’ MAH STORIES!”

32. Gail (the first one) says:

The kitteh music is from the opening of (the movie) “Young Frankenstein”!!!

Personally, I laughed LOUDLY at the kitteh one. She’s so totally “Did you see that??!!!”

33. That lemur makes my eyes water.

34. Lemur’s actually a little creepy. The kitteh on the other hand = totally perfect drama on cue! I LOL’ed my butt off.

But poor kitty needs to sit further away from the tv or he’s going to need glasses when he grows up.

35. While the cat did little for me, the lemur is a strong contender. Points for doing something different anyway. Nice! :D

36. OMG, the eyes, they pierced me right through!!!

37. The kitty looks creepy. That freaked me out a little.

38. AuntieMame says:

What planet is that lemur from?!?

Teh kitteh is hilarious, but I do think the video needs a little judicious editing. :)

39. Selphie le Boffin says:

Besides drama, the lemur also shares with the chipmunk the trait of not being the animal it is supposed to be.
    That is def’ not a lemur. It could be a tarsier.

40. Really, it’s the lack of zoom in video #1 that makes it inferior. They’re both great, though.

41. sally-rah says:

Gin and tonic went through my nose I laughed so hard! Yah!!!!

42. There is actually a shorter version that cuts right to the chase up on Youtube, making it a lot funnier (that face is priceless!) This version is too long!

43. Editing helps prairie dog. But tarsier – yikes! Definitely looks like an alien, and completely unnerving. I think it sucked my soul out with its eyes!

44. fish eye no miko says:

muttluver said: “fish eye no miko: Hilarious! Are you an anime fan? (Did anyone else get that, or are we the only two on here that watch foreign cartoons?)”

Actually, _Avatar_ is American.
    But, yes, I’m an anime fan, as well. ^_^

45. OMG!! awesome!! and, uh, happy Caturday ya’ll .. makes it even Better!

46. Dramatic Prairie Dog totally kicks that cat’s butt all over the place.
    Maybe with better editing and different dramatic type music it would be better though. But definitely can not pull of the original da dan daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

47. Geez, does EVERYONE in Japan have a Scottish Fold???

48. Good lord, that cat looks worried. Maybe the owner is a furry…

The lemur vid Other Mike linked made me snicker, too. It reminds me of those old MTV ads with the dude sitting in his easy chair, wind whipping his scarf back and all that. That little lemur’s head is about to pop, man. XD

49. AHHH!
    I found the .gif of this just the other day and thought it was funny. Then I listen to this video and it creeps me out! AHH!! Not before bedtime!

50. Wahahahah! ROFL! *falls off chair laughing*

51. Hon Glad says:

As :AuntieMame: said, a better edit, music and placement of music and we have a winner.
    I don’t accept that the Japanese, have handed me their bottom. After all the cats Scottish Fold and I am half Scots.

52. Hon Glad says:

Sorry, I meant, that I have to hand my bottom to the Japanese, or do I, I have always found many of your colloquialisms, confusing.

53. I love it! hahaha!!

54. cheesybird says:

Dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnn!!

Groundhog and kitteh are funny, but Dramatic Lemur takes da cake!!

55. No, muttlover, you are not the only one who gets the Momo reference (Soka: “It’s a giant mushroom! Maybe it’s friendly!”)

As for the Scottish, I’m concerned about its eye sight – it’s sitting too close to the telly!

56. It’s OK, kitty. The Japanese watch some funky stuff on television.

57. Personally I think there is a can opener off in the distance. The sound is so faint he can’t be sure, hence the second turn around and the decision to investigate.

58. I suppose the Japanese are behind this!

59. OMG thats not a lemur at all!!! Its indeed a Tarsier like Selphie le Boffin said. Lemurs are a kind of monkey, Tarsiers are little nocturnal primates. Just so u know :)

I think the kitty wins. I’ve seen the prairydog too oftenand the tarsier is just plain scary! :P

60. …[sigh]. I must be absolutely ancient. This note is directed to the comment which mentions “an old MTV ad”. [I’m still swallowing hard over the phrase “old MTV”; that’s why I mention old age]. Can’t say, that I saw ALL MTV ads (I was too poor as a college student to subscribe to cable, when MTV premiered) … but it’s likely that you’re remembering a graphic from something even older than MTV…we’re talking vinyl record players. The original popular ad, was for (pretty sure here, but not absolutely sure of the brand) Technics turntables. He was sitting in his chair, proverbially “blown away” by the power of the stereo & turntable.
    Thank you — from the “Marketing from the Pleistocene Era” Department

61. She (he?) is obviously watching the Japanese version of Confuse-A-Cat, which judging by the Japanese TV I’ve seen, is even *more* confusing than the original.

62. Everything about this is fantastic – from the kitty just sitting watching TV to the randomly random placement of the music and head swivel! If my internet was better today I’d watch it over and over again!

63. @Leslie, that ad was for Maxell cassettes. Here’s the reproduction that appeared on their packaging:

64. They are each wonderful in his/her own way, but that cat reads Japanese. Theresa- yes, it is the Japanese version of Confuse-a-Cat-Poifect! They make quite the triple play!

Sally-rah- were you drinking gin and tonic at the time, or have you just started spouting random substances? Now THAT would be a hoot! (Maybe)(no?)

65. @Hon Glad, as far as I can make out, we in the West have lost our donkey, and the Japanese, having found it, have kindly returned it to us.

Re: “Lemur”– Big head, teeny ears, freaky eyes– that is surely a Tarsier, no?

66. Muttlover, fish eye no miko, addis – all y’all…

Avatar has sucked in my entire family – from 48 year old dad to 7 year old son. The ONLY reason I clicked on the Lemur link was the Momo mention.

I think our next pet will be named SparkySparkyBoomMan, no matter the species or gender.

67. Furbabies says:

What sound? I has no sound! Sigh!

68. Omg! Meg accepted my sub-mee-shon! *is on cloud 9*

Dun-dun-duuuuuuuuun!!

69. Gail the Grasshopper says:

Kitteh, chipmunk, and lemur purfecting their “I’m ready for my close up, Mr. Demille” moments.

Soka and Momo on cactus juice. Too, too funny.

70. *SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to the E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E!!!

Qte Qte Qte Kawaii!

*SPLORT*

71. muttluver says:

Technically, Avatar is Chinese, but was Americanized. At least, I’m pretty sure. And pretty much everyone on here is hilarious.

And techinically, Momo is a flying lemur, and in my opinion, is cuter than real lemurs. (Those ears!)

72. I just think that kitty has been watching way too much TV, it;s getting square eyes! Very, very cute.

73. No lie, right as I was watching this – just after the kitteh turned it’s head a big BOOM of thunder rumbled outside my window. It added to the drama!

74. Kitty looks like she got caught doing something naughty!

75. snoopysnake says:

As a music alternative, how about the blaring horns from “Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!”

76. Click on the related video “Dramatic Kitty New Version”, it cuts right to the important part.

Kitty is cuter, but Dramatic Prairie Dog is still moar dramatic.

77. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA funniest cat vid ever!did u see the music and his face!!!
    lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol

78. OMG, I can’t stop laughing at the Prairie dog.

79. omg, dat cat was sooo freaky…. lol

80. both videos, that is both animals are fromJapan XDD so at least the crown stays in the country hehe

81. no Alice, not everyone has a scottish fold ;) I don’t have any pet at all (I’d like to have a labrador though T__T )

82. Sorry, guys. For pure drama, the prairie dog takes it, no question. The timing, the quick-zoom close-up, the music, the shifty-eyed stare…all of this spells W-I-N.

83. michelle says:

That kitteh is sitting MUCH too close to the tv. He will ruin his eyesight!

84. michelle- he’s reading the fine print in one of the ads…

85. Hey you guys – what about this one?

86. That cat looked like Norma Desmond ready for her close-up.

87. Sry, but Prairie Dog will always take it, it’s much more dramatic, however the cat’s expression is priceless

88. i love hoe she (he?) is so startled when she has the dramatic moment.

“wuuh? polar bears? endangered? O_o”

89. the eyes on the kitteh total make the video!