“Get to your places!” shouted the Queen in a voice of thunder

Alice thought she had never seen such a curious croquet-ground in herlife: it was all ridges and furrows: the croquet balls were livehedgehogs, and the mallets live flamingoes, and the soldiers had todouble themselves up and stand on their hands and feet, to make thearches.

3_2

Baby Hedg, originally uploaded by bluelunarrose.

The chief difficulty Alice found at first was in managing herflamingo: she succeeded in getting its body tucked away comfortablyenough under her arm, with its legs hanging down, but generally, justas she had got its neck nicely straightened out, and was going to givethe hedgehog a blow with its head, it would twist itself round andlook up in her face, with such a puzzled expression that she could nothelp bursting out laughing…

Cute Smile, originally uploaded by bluelunarrose.

…and, when she had got its head down, andwas going to begin again, it was very provoking to find that thehedgehog had unrolled itself, and was in the act of crawling away:besides all this, there was generally a ridge or a furrow in the waywherever she wanted to send the hedgehog to, and, as the doubled-upsoldiers were always getting up and walking off to other parts of theground, Alice soon came to the conclusion that it was a very difficultgame indeed.

OFF WITH YOUR HEAD, OnlyYesterday! All text by Lewis Carroll, in Alice in Wonderland.

Comments

1. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. awwww, I lurve the ear-flaps in #3!

3. Be sure to moisten the nosicle Alice for that extra spin.

4. D’aww!
    Such sweet little babies!

Now I want a hedgie so I can beep that little nosicle, or pet those little bitty feets!

5. Those ears are *amazing*!

6. I was just ooohing over the ear folds in the third pic, and apparently I went hypersonic because my cat stopped chewing on his toy to look at me.

7. The EARS! Such big hedgie flappers!! So adorable. I love the sawdusty feets!!

Umm..SEVENZIES!! lmao

8. Prickly Cuties.

9. momof2kitties says:

Brilliant!!

10. Oh they have the most darling little faces! <3

11. Wee_Squirrel says:

1) O my gosh they’re perfect little spheres of cute! I want one so bad!

2) Shameless, flagrant plug – my boyfriend made me a Wonderland specimen kit for my birthday (tomorrow!) and if you like Alice, you might like this… he gave it to me last night, so, perfect timing!

12. Elle Double U says:

Oh, how I love the folded over ears of the third hedgie! Noisicle the Moisicle!

13. Mint Cookies says:

Cutest hedgehog EVER, oh man!! That second picture had me wanting to face-squish with my monitor!

It’s as if he fused with a baby fennec.. http://www.juliesjungle.com/pictures/fennec5.jpg

14. Cupnoodle says:

Hehehe… So bristly yet so fluffy!!

15. OMG!1!!!1!!

HEDGIE FEETSIES!

**HEAD EXPLODED**

16. kudos…..quite a story!!!!
    lovely little hedgehog!

17. This little guy takes the cake…he is officially the cutest hedgie I have ever seen…the ears kill me. And the expression. He’s just…so fricken adorable!!!! Unbelievable! If they could make a plushie if him, with a popple style thing with the folding into a ball aspect…I would be one happy me!

18. my sister's cat is a blob says:

Judge Reinhold in a mullet! That is the cutest thing I have ever seen. EVAR. Pairs up perfectly with the flamingoes in the loo from the other day, too.

19. Martha in Washington says:

I love hedgies!! And so does my cat. I have a hedgie that I got in Scotland that is wearing a little tam and playing “Scotland the Brave” on his bagpipes (I know, I know, but I couldn’t resist). It had sat on my dresser for 9 year and when I (finally!) got my cat I had to put it away in a drawer because the silly cat would carry it around. Anyway, I guess that is as close as I will ever get to having a hedgehog. :(

20. Martha in Washington says:

I especially love the little brow wrinkle in pic #3. He looks so earnest!

21. I have to say I am very disappointed in this site for promoting cruelty not only to hedgehogs and flamingos, but most importantly to playing card soldiers!

That being said, that is the cutest hedgehog ever!

22. I literally awwww’ed for half a minute non-stop. This is just…OVERLOAD.

23. The ears win. The little fuzzy soft ears. I need to touch them to verify their fuzzy softness. It’s just for scientific precision, you understand. Awwwww.

24. KailisnRileysMom says:

I have a stuffed hedgie that rolls into a ball
    and that is only one of the hedgehog
    collection that I have been adding to since
    my first “artificial” hedgie in the early ’70’s
    when very few people knew what about
    hedgehogs!

25. Hedgehogs have EARS? Seriously, I never noticed! Aww.. this is the cutest thing ever :) Can I has plz?

26. Arabian Long-Eared hedge FTW!

27. GAH!
    Eeeeeeeee! Toes! Toes!
    Total fail versus cute results in the following:

This l’il hedgie went to market
    This l’il hedgie stayed home
    This l’il hedgie ate meal worms
    And this l’il hedgie had none
    And this l’il hedgie curled up in a ball
    And roll, roll rolled away home!

XD

28. Mmmm…makes me want to pop him in my mouth! Nom nom.

29. Oooh! Soooo cute! :D

30. So spherical!

and moistly nosiclish.

31. Hon Glad says:

“Alice soon came to the conclusion that it was a very difficult game indeed”

So she said “Sod this for a game of Soldiers” and went down the Pub.

32. Raise a paw if you remember Popples! Clearly what we have here is a hedgie-popple hybrid. Very rare.

33. AuntieMame says:

Lewis Carroll is tha bomb! And so is the hedgiepig!

34. binky-mama says:

Soooo cute!!!! I want to pop him in my mouf—uh wait a minute….

35. You could stop wars with that kind of ammo.

36. scooterpants says:

“it rubs the lotion on its skin, or,”
    needs a lil burts bees on them little feeties.
    oh, and wee_squirrel, i’m thinkin someone likes you…. a lil bit.

37. Totalee Puppy says:

This is the cutest and classiest post and…and…
    HEDGIE AWARDS for these
    comments:
    WBIRDIE for “This l’il hedgie went to market”…
    BINKY-MAMA for “uh wait a minute”…
    JAI for “Can I has plz?”…
    NUFFER for “disappointed”…

38. Generally, European hedgehogs are not quite as cute as African pymgy hedgehogs, but these 3 babies are some of the cutest I’ve ever seen. The first one looks like Obi on Star Wars, second one looks like a cheery puppy and the third hedgie has a very doggy expression and look. Jai, yes, hedgie ears are really soft. My hedgies used to let me stroke their ears and they were like velvet, and some ears can be huge and other hedgie ears pretty small. My hedgies either had very dainty ears or very large ears but they were all very soft.

39. He looks like a sea urchin in that last picture.

40. Are you people trying to freaking kill me, this week?!?! OMG! First the ‘mingers, now the hedgie, and my favorite part of “Alice”! Aaarrrrggghhh! ;-)

41. oh so cute little feet all ready to be kissed.
    soft little fluffy sides to rub against my cheek and those
    ears and ooohh my God!!!
    Hedgehog pockets!!!
    I want one!!!
    somebody pleese tell me where can I get my own hedgehog pocket.
    I want one gotta have one

42. I just about died at the second hedgie, but that fennec fox is truly overload.

Nice Wonderland kit, that is extraordinary!

43. Alice wondered why they kept the flamingos in the men’s restroom.

44. OH MY GODS!!!!!!
    Wow.

45. OHMYGOD. I need to move somewhere that has hedgehogs, I really do.

46. Wee_Squirrel
    Your boyfriend is so cute, so romantic, and sooo in love with you
    he’s shouting it from the roof tops.
    I use to do my shopping at night when I got off work.
    I worked the 3 to 11 shift
    and often I would see the same people there shopping. There was this elderly couple who always shopped together. They were so in tune with each other
    and it never ceased to cause a lump in my throat.
    They both would push the grocery cart with their hands laid on top of each others.
    I don’t know either of you but I feel that you both are as blessed in love as they were.

47. Fact: Lewis Carroll’s real name was Charles Lutwidge Dodgson. He was a rather prominent mathematician and religious scholar (his text on “symbolic logic” is apparently still considered an important work in that field).

Fact: THAT HEDGIE HAS PINK LEEEPS!!!!! (photo 2)

48. cheesybird says:

Ugh. I can’t believe I’m about to nuff. I was totally in squee mode. Went to this person’s photostream to see if this was one little hedgie in three different poses, or three different hedgies. When I read how these pictures came to be made, it pissed me off. ‘Nuff said. I’m done nuffing.

49. Hey it’s Yoda!!!

50. bookmonstercats says:

Asploded. S/he looks like a prickly bat in the first pic. The last one had me LOL’ing. S/he pulled all the covers up and peeked out.

51. Kallisto says:

*Goes to Wee_Squirrel’s blog and checks it out* -
    *Reads: M.i-s-k-a-t-o-n-i-c”.
    Cthulhu!!!
    Well, wee-squirrel, I’m deeply impressed with the kit and with the wit with which the kit was put together (try saying that one fast). Happy Birthday.
    Oh, and cute little hedgies.

52. What’s going on with those ears??!
    Super cute!

53. OMFG!!! WANT!!!

This is the cutest thing on the internets.

Besides Christian the Lion. <3

54. Very cute, deffo not a European Hedgehog, but very cute indeed.

55. crazyweinerdoglady says:

UH MA GAD! That is the cutest hedgie EVA! My mouth is gaping open and can’t close it cause it’s SDC (so damn cute)

56. SOOOO CUTE!!!!!! I really really want a hedgehog now!!

57. His ears! They’re huge!

58. Hon Glad says:

Wee Squirrel: You’re a very lucky Lady. Is your Boyfriend going to make any more, hint hint.

59. Please somebody get some video footage of the cute hedgehogsnaggles doing its balling up action!

60. Yeah, those are cute and all, but… LOOK:

OMG.. Think they sell these in the grocery stores?

61. OH……MY…….GOD…..
    My chest is going to ‘splode all over the place b/c I’m dying… DYING from the cute!!!!! Look at those ears!!!! I just want to nomnomnom them!!! OMG I’m totally going to die from the cute.

62. Heehee, the scronched earses. But it looks too wee for croquet. Lawn tennis, maybe.

63. I SOOOOO needed that!

Thank you CO! o_O

Tomorrow is my B-Day, I will accept this as my gift.

64. it’s the Alice text that makes this so prosh!

65. eikoleigh says:

OMG, that is so cute! Hedgies!

66. lovely little dumbo-hedgehog :)

67. HedgeLurv says: