Highlights from the Hamster Pro Bowling Tour

Well, it was a day for torch-passing in Chicago this week as newcomer Bryce "Ice" Wigglebottom shot from out of nowhere to steal the Men’s singles title from five-time champion Shlurm Flurmblurm.  Let’s take another look at the instant replay of Wigglebottom’s match-winning moment of glory:

(Announcer, whispering) "… ninth frame now, and Wigglebottom steps up to bowl … a strike here will sew up the match, anything less and Flurmblurm will have one last desperate chance to stay afloat … and there’s the roll … aaaaaaaaannnnnnd …"

Going back to the bowling well so soon, NTMTOM?

"It’s a strike!  IT’S A STRIKE!!!  And it is ALL OVER for Flurmblurm … just LOOK at the joy and relief on Wigglebottom’s face now, as the crowd leaps to its feet … it is absolute PANDEMONIUM down there, ladies and gentlemen!"

Yes, I know he's still holding the 'ball.' Work with me, people!

Your "Nugget" has charm to spare, Nix S.

Comments

1. I can’t help but feel a little sorry for Flurmblurm.

2. Yay, Nugget! ::sniff:: I’m such a proud Mommy : )

3. Mike, you crack me up – I can hear the little hammie hoorays coming from the gallery. Love it!

4. Pussytoes says:

I spy a wee yellow toof.

5. Erebella says:

That’s a happy hammy. That’s all I can say kids, it’s too early……………someone bring me more coffee, please.

Miss Morning Impaired

6. (the original) Mel says:

So is it Wigglebottom or Winterbottom?

7. @(the original) Mel: Oops. I was experimenting with names, and forgot to change one. I edited the post, and thank you for catching my mistake.

8. (the original) Mel says:

Whew! THAT’s a relief! I’m going to go edit something now.

9. That looks like a pretty sharp, yellow tooth! Mmm…blueberries.

10. Ahhhn I can just imagine the tiniest of bowling pins that would be knocked over by a blue berry. <3

11. kerrymc says:

I guess hamster-blueberry bowling works in reverse? Maybe Nugget has some pins up in his powschees!

12. Jenn in IL says:

Oh. Mah. Gaw.

That second picture…I’m essploding…seriously, at this moment, I am spontaneously combusting.

YAY Nugget!!!

13. Wow… that is adorable!!

14. 19petals says:

Agggghh, I just love his beautiful coat, the twinkle in his beady little eye and that nommable little ear… can’t…. re..sist…. Nom nom nom… Oh yes, it’s just as I remember… delectabules….

15. chanpon says:

He looks so focused in that first pic, and then he does look so excited in the 2nd. It’s crazy, I tell you, CRAZY.

16. Kiragirl says:

It’s just HAMdemonium!!

17. Omagosh…he lurves his “nugget”! Sooo cute!

18. funnybunny says:

“… and the crowd rushed forward to hoist Wigglebottom onto their shoulders. But wait! Folks, it looks like the crowd has forgotten how slippery these bowling lane floors are! And, Oh no! there goes Wigglebottom, down and lane! Aaaannnnnnddddddd….. ITS ANOTHER STRIKE!!!! Folks, all HECK has broken lose down there, the crowds are going insane clapping and cheering, and I need a dounut.”

19. Erebella says:

THEY WOULDA HAD HIM AT SECOND, BUT HE SLUDDDDD!

20. Catsquatch says:

Why does that hamster look like a rat?

21. zeldapie says:

EEEEEEEE! He’s so happy!!! Hooray!

22. forlorn says:

Not cute, not funny, bad picture! What happened to the Cute Overload that I once knew?

23. “Forlorn” — that was pathetic. Do over.

24. NTMTOM, your off-the-wall sense of humor, wry ramblings and head-tilt inducing comments never cease to make me laugh and laugh and laugh … and give you poetry-beatnik-snaps every once in a while, too.

Nuffers may nuff away, but your writings are the Adult Swim of Cuteoverload. (And I say this with complete adoration for the fabulous Meg and Theo and everybody else whom I just want to snorgle.)

25. staticgirl says:

his ear! his ear!! *faints*

26. Erebella says:

That was funny, bunny. I couldn’t resist quoting Dizzy Dean in response – even though he was talking about baseball, but it still sounded funny…….bunny

27. Oh my GOSH that expression.

28. Gail (the first one) says:

“Join us next week, when the Hamster Professional Bowling Tour, sponsored by Meg’s House of Hamster Pants, travels north to Milwaukee for the Beertown Pro-Am Tournament right here on HPSN, the Hamster Professional Sports Network. Coming up next will be full coverage of qualifying at the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway for the Hamcar Purina Hamster Chow 250. Thanks for watching and see you next week from Milwaukee!”

29. Hon Glad says:

I’m sorry but neither, Wigglebottom or Flurmblurm would be allowed to play on our hallowed turf (Crown Green Bowling) it’s strictly white shirt and cream trousers.
    Oh I see, you call “Skittles” Bowling, how very odd. I suppose it’s a bit like your world series Football championship, that only takes place in the USA!!!
    :0}

30. scooterpants says:

a real live chocolate brown hammie.
    OMG. iz to die for!
    AND he bowls! the purr-fect pet. :)

31. Brilliant!

32. What a beautiful colored hammy! i don’t think I have ever seen a dark brown hamsler befo’!

33. ToniJEan says:

“Mark it 8 Dude!”

34. Katrina says:

Are we sure that’s a hammie?
    I know it is a blueberry.

35. Paunchie says:

icky rodent toofs

cute excited giggling wigglebottoms though

36. @Nix: I have a hamster that looks just like yours! They’re twins!

37. Hon Glad, I’m not sure what “skittles” is, but here in the USA football has the Superbowl, baseball has the World Series. We take this matter very, very seriously. :D

38. Ohhhhhh! I always read but never post…. but I can’t believe how cute that picture is!!!

39. Katrina says:

Thank you! Question answered.

40. The hammy looks very happy and also like he is going to sneeze in the second shot. Both looks are adorable.

41. Hey, he’s not wearing bowling shoes! Disqualified!

42. warrior rabbit says:

Hon Glad, skittles here are candy (taste the rainbow).

If you’re trying to bag on the US only, don’t forget that Canada is heavily involved in both sports as well. You might have to take a different tack in the ‘we’re so superior’ insult department if you don’t want to annoy your Commonwealth brethren.

43. *QTE!!!*

44. Even a hammie can bowl better than me!! Next he should try watermellon seed spitting! Gerbils love that so why not a hammie!

45. this may be the best website ever.

46. scooterpants says:

them canadians are SO funny.
    is this hammie Canadian?
    I love Canadians. :)

47. Paunchie says:

would a Canadian hammie taste like, er, Canadian ham??

mmm.

48. scooterpants says:

giggle snort. (donkey laugh)

49. oh it’s laughing

50. Totally is. That second pic is a standalone gem.

51. Here in the Windy City, we blu-bowl fans are in a fine fettle over the flooofing loss of the Great Champion Flurmblurm…
    Fans are wishing Wigglebottom would wiggle his bottom back to where he came from.

52. Paunchie says:

I STILL have “bouncing baby bunny butt – from port to park to Pizza Hut” lodged snugly in my brain!

Wonder if hammy butt bounces?

53. He’s ecstatic! What a happy happy Hammy!

I love hamsters…please more hamsters!

54. Hon Glad says:

Yes, I am having a friendly dig.
    To make matters worse, Baseball is based on rounders, played in our junior schools, with a smaller bat, no catcher mitt and all the other paraphernalia, and is a gentler game.
    I am afraid I find the whole business, of taking sport, seriously, weird. I will not be watching any of the Chinese Olympics and when I heard the news that London will host the games, my only reaction was “F**k, our council tax will go up”.
    I am probably part of a minority but hey ho.

55. Awww, love the second pic! Lookit that tiny but sharp hammy toof!

56. I really really don’t think that’s actually a *hamster*, Peeps. Not that there’s anything *wrong* with rat…

57. it looks like it is really cherring

58. I promise you, Nugget is a hamster! He may be a BIG OL’ HONKIN one, but he is a hammy.

59. Nix- How Big IS He?

60. Looks like he has hamster fingers, not rat fingers–and Nix- how big is he? I’m curious.

Love the toofs.

61. Totalee Puppy says:

HAMSTER AWARDS to some of our guests:
    KIRAGIL for “HAMdemonium”{
    FUNNY BUNNY for “It’s another strike!!!!”
    GAIL (THE FIRST ONE) for “See you next week from Milwaukee!”
    DECCA for “Disqualified!”
    PAUNCHIE for “Canadian ham??” Thanks, guys!

62. Totalee Puppy says:

The blueberry is cute, but you know those BIG ROUND RED GRAPES??

63. Anne Boleyn says:

I’m with you Catsquatch and Theo, I think it’s a rat. I also thin NTMTOM is really Theo.

64. @Anne Boleyn: That’s an interesting theory. Some people think my posts were actually written by Christoper Marlowe. ;-)

65. NOMTOM- How long have you been bacon that theory?

Theo is not a rat, but I really think this animal is-some kind of rat/hammie critter. I’m waiting for Nix to get back to us. The paws are hammie-but the punum (face) doesn’t seem Hammie at all.

I think Theo and NOMTOM are just eerily talented. EEEEEEEEErily I say, EEEEEErily talented. Now we need a Fennec fox.

OH, my Gosh, that’s it- Theo and NOMTOM are Fennec foxes–“The beauty of the Internet- nobody knows you’re a dog”. (New Yorker cartoon). We’re being led by Fennec Foxes!

66. I’m fairly certain, and I say fairly, that I am myself, and no-one else.
    Fennec you lean, fennec you lie.

67. Anne Boleyn says:

So, how can you prove that you are yourself and not also the equally clever NTMTOM?

68. Anne Boleyn says:

P.S. I don’t need for the rat to prove he is the other hamster, thank you.

69. Do we all really look this far back in the CO entries? Apparently so.

O Sole Mio, Theo, O Sole Mio. Great gobs of goo you are a funny person.-Funny as in humouroioiriouus, that is.

Anne Bolelyn- But do we need to prove that Theo is neither a rat nor a hamster?

70. Anne Boleyn says:

It’s too hard to keep coming back this far in old posts, dontchaknow. I say let’s meet the next time NTMTOM posts something, and leave the rat and the hamster out of it, even though poor nix got sold a hamster bill ‘o goods for a rat and doesn’t know it.