You Lookin’ at Me?

Whaddya lookin’ at?  Huh?  You lookin’ at me?  Well, I’m the only one here, so you gotta be lookin’ at something.  What, I look funny to you, like I’m a clown, I amuse you?  I make you laugh, I’m here to frickin’ amuse you?  Whaddya lookin’ at?  Hah?  HAAAAAHH?!  Yeah, that’s right, you better keep walkin’, ya goombah.

Seriously, all kidding aside, what are you looking at?

He’s such a good fella, Judy K.

Comments

1. stephanie says:

first!

2. MadameX says:

Looks like Cagney, but the words are… Robert DeNiro’s? I just can’t place the picture.

Interesting choice, though, after the “Now-you-see-it-now-you-don’t” body art post…

3. but his eyes … they look so sad.

4. katiedid says:

Taxi Driver is the movie MadameX ….but this pug reminds me more of a Vegas Elvis impersonator…

5. “One of these days, by george, Ill get those Duke boys!” *stamps foot

6. Natalie says:

yeah, what’s up with the tattoo post disappearing? I sent my husband the link and he said it wasn’t working, I came back and it had disappeared! Not up for a commentroversy today I guess.
    I do think this puggy is cute.

7. Starfury says:

Wow, he looks like Al Pupone

8. Saaaad eyes, turn the other way. I don’t want to see you cry-y-y.

Looks like someone needs a trip to the orthodontist!

9. It’s from Goodfellas, isn’t it? Joe Pesci?

10. Attila1234 says:

The reference is in the Goodfellas from Joe Pesci.

11. Pugs are so sweet! They would never talk like this.

12. Perfect & adorable!!

13. Pussytoes says:

The first part is DeNiro’s from Taxi Driver, the other is Joe Pesci’s lines from Goodfellas.

14. Perfect! Love seeing just a couple of his pearly whites. He looks a little angry. ;)

15. Such a mug on that pug! <3

16. The comments are a combination of Taxi Driver (DeNiro) and Goodfellas (Pesci).

17. This pupper has perfected the art of intimidatshuns…

18. 260Oakley says:

Pug-Nacious

19. (the original) Mel says:

I wanna kiss that mouf, right over dem teefs.

20. Hon Glad says:

Actually, you’re all wrong.
    This Puggle is obviously a pipe smoker, they all develope the lopsided dentition, seen in the picture, by having the pipe clamped in there teeth, for years and years.They also tend to speak thus…”shum one shed thatitsh bad to shmoke”

21. I guess this must be a pugliano then?

22. Linda H. says:

Smooch.

23. Erebella says:

Yeah, that pug looks too serious. Make sure he doesn’t have a pistol tucked up his sleeve, with a little curtain rod bit thing to make it slide into his paw, k? Although if he had the mohawk, that’d be pretty cool.

24. zeldapie says:

I can never tell where a pug is looking. Is it just me?

(Now I’m gonna have Taxi Driver and mob nightmares! Aaagh!)

25. puglets rule says:

I love the teefs on that sweeeeeeet puglet – what a richous looking dude! Looks like he’s cruisen in the car.

26. love the teeth!

27. claudia says:

LOL@ Lone, hahah

and try as he might, puggy cannot look angry, he just can’t. He’s too cute.

28. plaidshirt pyrate says:

A-ha! I always suspected that Joe Pesci was a pug.

Confirmation at last!

29. He looks more like Winston Churchill than Winston.

In fact, I think this is Winston in disguise as a pug.

P.S. Tattoo post? Want!

30. I laughed at “ya goombah”.

31. momof2kitties says:

This little guy is MUCH cuter than the tattoo post! Does he have a tat somewhere that we can’t see?

32. zeldapie: Not even the pug itself knows where it’s looking.

33. BeanSidhe says:

Ah yes, the Pescius Puggulus.

We don’t really have those in Missouri. Is dis one of the Noo Yawk strain?

34. ThreeCatNight says:

So, it’s coitans for you, Rocky. N’yeah, see?
    Think you’re so tough? N’yeah. A wiseguy, huh?
    Well, Mugsy G. Robinson’s gonna straighten you out. You ain’t seen the last of me, n’yeah.

35. Yeah, Racial slurs are cute

36. That little puggle sure does look sad.
    Maybe he saw his own reflection? Awww… poor little bugger…

37. Aw, lookit that adorable crooked eye. He’s a cutie.

38. He looks like a pugilist! :P

39. snoopysnake says:

I can just picture Marc Antony the bulldog pushing down the skin on the forehead, to make him look fiercer. That’d match the teefs better.

40. I left a comment yesterday about the use of “goomba” in this post. I hate to whine, but come on! You deleted the post instead of dealing with the use of racialized language on your site?

Anthropomorphizing animals is all good fun, but when you start throwing racial or ethnic slurs into the equation, you’re really promoting something as un-cute as the racism in any early Disney movie. Shame, Shame.

[Paul, when I unpublished your idiotic assertion earlier, I was, in part, protecting you from yourself, out of courtesy. But you persist. So be it; this comment can stay. Best of luck... - Ed.]

[PS -- I did get a laugh out of the "I hate to whine, but" part. - Ed.]

41. AnnieLuv says:

*in love*

42. puglets rule says:

Paul, I believe it really depends on who’s using the term as to whether or not it’s taken as a derogitory comment. I’m sorry to say I missed your post though.

What I love most about this site is that it’s one of the only places I can come and read funny, positive, even at times edgy comments and thoroughly enjoy my self, most of the time. Maybe it’s just me but I def. use this wonderful place as a refuge.

NTMTOM – excellent as always!

(Dear Editor – you crack me up!)

43. So cute!!!!

44. Katrina says:

Dear Paul, I used to work in a furniture factory with about 30 people of Italian background, some of whom spoke no English (the older ones). I was told that the name of the oldest among them was the word that concerns you. He himself wanted to be called by this word, as to him and the rest of the workers it meant “old reliable, good-hearted friend”, sort of like an Italian “Bubba”, I guess. So, clearly not everyone thinks of it as a derogatory term. Not in New Haven, which had more Amalfidans that you could shake a stick and (and they all opened restaurants and geez-louise can they cook! (And upholster).

45. Me thinks someone has been forgetting to wear his headgear at night….