Chow Chow Vote Vote Results Results!

Last week, Martha Stewart posted on her blog a request to help decide on a new puppy since her dear pup Paw Paw had passed away. Here she is with Paw Paw right before he died :(

Fortunately, some of Paw Paw’s grandsons are available. When asked which pup Martha should choose, over twelve thousand of you voted, and by OVERWHELMING MARGIN, decided that Martha should choose not one, but ALL THREE new Chow Chow puppies below. (Shocker!)

Three_boys_all_in_a_row1

The Peeps have spoken, Martha!

And now, to pick some names. Chief Sister Officer suggests "Nom Nom" :D

More pics of these puppies here and Martha’s goodbye to Paw Paw post here.

Comments

1. Winkin, Blinkin, and Nod. :D

2. Awww Martha, your blog post about Paw Paw made me cry. You loved him so much, I can see that, and I´m sure a little bit of him will be there inside his grandson(s)… have you decided which puppy is going to move in with you yet? Or are you going to take ALL of them?!

3. browngrl says:

All three – its a good thing.

4. Beth (in NC) says:

Do you think Martha will listen?!?!

Arcene– my labmate’s dog had puppies and those were their names. :D

5. elle double u says:

Chow, Chow Chow, and Chow Chow Chow!!!

Okay, kidding, really.

Snap, Crackle, Pop?

Peter, Paul, Mary?

Hermione, Harry, and Ron?

Dunkin, Yum Yum, and Wenchells?

6. Boomer's Babysitter says:

I tried, but I can’t come up with anything better than Arcene’s suggestion. Especially since they all look sleepy!

7. 260Oakley says:

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and…whoops need one more pup to make that one work.

8. grandSONs people =P cant have a ‘mary’ or ‘hermione’ male D:

wheres the love for puppy #2 anyways?

I think they should be ‘fuzz’ ‘e’ and ‘lumpkins’

k thats as creative as I get on limited sleep

9. Glue Gun, Tulle, and Potpourri.

10. Malle Babbe says:

Hardrock, Coco and Joe? (look it up on Wikipedia).

I have nothing else to add other than the fact that I am amazed at how goofy-happy Martha looks in those pics. I’d never take her to be the snorgling type. It’s a good thing…

11. If she is my kind of girl, like I think she is…they will ALL go home with her !

12. Okay, first I had to get over the fact that Martha put her dog on her kitchen counter!!!! Wow…..How about Off White, Ecru, and Beige? LOL Cute puppies.

13. When I’ve got a place that allows bigger critters, I want a chow chow! X3

I had a chow/sharpei mix when I was little. His name was Bear, and he alternated between super-fluffy and wrinkly as brains every other day. X3

14. member of the literati says:

Henry, June, and Anais!

15. Wow…Martha made me cry. And I see her so differently now that I know she allows her animals on kitchen surfaces. I wish she would rescue though, & not go through breeders. RIP PawPaw, ya big snorgaler!

16. NomNom would be an awesome name for one of them!!!
    I’m sure if she just picks one, they’ll be loved just as much as their late grandpa pupster Pawpaw

17. Balamuthia says:

Aw man, so touching. I’m glad she decided to take all three of the adorable cuties. :)

18. HISSSSSSSS says:

I suggest don’t get a chow. They bite.

19. Kathy Austin says:

Hows about Larry Moe and Curly? Wooo wooo wooo woo.

20. How about:

1. Nom Nom
    2. Powsche Powsche
    3. Kronche Kronche

?

21. Leonard, Arthur and Julius.

Or, if they are girls:

Maxene, LaVerne, and Patty.

22. Caesar, Pompey and Crassus, after the famous ancient Roman triumvirate.

23. Bruce, Gordon, and Harvey!

Obviously.

24. AliceTanzer says:

Heyhey!
    Has anyone read any other entries in her blog?
    She namedropped Cute Overload in another entry!

25. AliceTanzer says:

Heyhey!
    Has anyone read any other entries in her blog?
    She namedropped Cute Overload in another entry!

26. AliceTanzer says:

Oops. sorries for the double post ;_;

27. Catsquatch says:

Awww….
    Its always the middle kid that gets left out…..

;)

Sable, Sienna, and Ochre.

28. I think at least one of them should be named ImClone. Yes, I went there. :-)

29. 1. Nom Nom
    2. Libbipp Libbipps
    3. Sing Song

alternatively:

4. Pfffttt Pffffttt

30. Michelle says:

Jen, responsible breeders get a bad rap when they shouldn’t. What many people don’t realize is that responsible breeders consider dogs very carefully before they breed their animals. Their dogs are strictly evaluated for general health, genetic health, and conformational health before they’re allowed to reproduce. Typically, they even screen potential puppy owners long before the puppy is ever conceived, and have very stable homes lined up before the litter ever enters the world. While I believe that you should never buy puppies or kittens from pet stores or mill/farm breeders, I can’t find fault with my dog’s breeders. I’m absolutely confident that through their spay/neuter contracts, they do not contribute to pet overpopulation or neglect. The same cannot be said of many other sources of pets.

31. I almost forgot!!!

5. ‘Tock ‘Tock!

32. warrior rabbit says:

NTMTOM, I now love you more than the last time I said that.

33. 1. fluffernutter
    2. munchy
    3. puppadoo

natch ;P

34. ashagato says:

i was neutral before, but i love martha now…

35. I like Meg’s suggestion. Plus, I want a video of Martha when she goes outside to call them in…especially if she names one Pfffttt Pffffttt

36. Don Lake says:

I’m not sure that this is the kitchen table. I think that’s in the room behind her, which (like any proper kitchen) has a goose standing atop a globe. ???

These photos were taken in the dual espresso-maker & laptops with post-it notes room, where snorgling pets on the table is acceptable.

37. what is that huge flying object on the globe in the background and what is it supposed to represent? Looks down right evil. Am I the only one that noticed it? Should be on evil overload.

38. wow…check out UFOs of The Elite’s pt1 … (on YouTube).
    4:53. Please tell me I’m wrong.

39. Aww, they look like little teddies!

40. i feel strongly that you should name one of them mister snugglesworth.

41. Martha references CuteOverload in her most recent post. http://blogs1.marthastewart.com/martha/2008/07/a-trip-to-the-d.html#more

42. Ha! She drops Perez Hilton’s name & link too. Whoops!

43. WTF, all dogs bite. How else would they nom their food? :P

44. Hon Glad says:

I say YAY for all three. I imagine Martha wants to keep the Paw Paw name going, perhaps Paw Paw junior. Agreed, in honour of CO. Nom Nom ( but is it of CO. coinage, or was it lifted from LOL cats. I have to say, that I have been calling the biggest one Teddy Bear, since I first saw it, it was my single choice to boot

45. Aloria — true enuff. ;)

46. See No Evil, Hear No Evil, and Speak No LOLspeak. [snkr]

47. Crystal T. says:

Martha should ttly name 1 of them Nom Noms; thats like, the perfect dog name

48. why did you remove my comment?

[What comment? I see two more from you here in this thread, and there's nothing of yours marked "unpublished" behind the scenes. Maybe just scroll up & check again... - Ed.]

49. By the way, I wondered about that strange eagle globe in the background too. I’m assuming it’s some sort of craft project in progress.

50. Martha seems like a remarkably normal person. I’ve never seen her show, only heard about the hoo-ha/brouhaha and jail…
    I love that she’s excited to get a puppy from a breeder. I do breed rescue AND both of our goobies are from a reputable breeder (thank you Michelle, for that concise and TRUE post – reputable breeders ALWAYS make the new owner sign a spay/neuter contract and they can become your friend and information source for the next 15 years or more).
    Anyhooo, I think Cinnamon, Sugar and Spice for names.

51. I’m terribly sorry. You did not remove my comment.

52. not a problem

53. Shelley says:

Yea! Puppies!

54. Are comments temporarily deleted?

55. Aww, those pics of Martha and Paw Paw are so sweet =3

56. Inny — no, not really… however, some folks have been noticing lately that comments don’t always show up immediately. This includes me; I don’t think you’re crazy.

Just refresh your screen if you think you’re not seeing all the comments you should. The fastest way to do that is by pressing the F5 key (at least in Windows; not sure what it is on a Mac) or by clicking whatever button your browser has for “refresh” (usually arrows bent around in a circle).

57. That’s Hedwig delivering a cheese ball in the background.

58. BeanSidhe says:

Kirk, Spock, and Scotty.

Yeah, I got nothing.

59. ooh! chow names!

I like Nom Nom for one.

How about Smash-mouf for another?

And…and…and…

J. Chowhound Bleenworthy III

(Bleen for short)

hah!

60. Well, OK, you tell me. How likely is it, do you think, that Martha Stewart will want to explain to every guest who ever visits what “Bleen” means? Mmmm-hm.

61. Say what you want about Martha, I don’t think there can be any doubt about how much she truly loves her dogs. I was really touched by her post about Paw Paw’s last day.

I hope she gets one of his grandpups – and for a playmate, how about a beautiful “designer original” (aka mutt) from her local shelter? I’m sure Paw Paw would approve…

62. gravyboat says:

What a cute little bunch of puffalumps! Paw Paw sure was snuggable =(

63. darkshines says:

I have a request. My friend’s dog is going over the Rainbow Bridge tonight, she’s very sick and in pain. A while ago someone posted in the comments of a picture here on cuteoverlaod. The comment was a short verse, about a puppy chasing leaves in Heaven. I thought it would be nice to write in the bereavement card I bought, but I can’t remember the exact wording. If you wrote this poem, or know which one I might be reffering to, please comment back or contact me at tear_jerker@hotmail.com

64. warrior rabbit says:

darkshines, I don’t remember the poem, but you could search CO for ‘leaves’ and maybe find it.

65. warrior rabbit says:

Well, I did that and didn’t find it (scanning quickly, as there were lots of commentroversies with ‘leave’ in them).

But I have used the sizzearch function often to find things, you just have to remember a better (more specific, less common) word.

66. darkshines says:

Thanks, I’ll keep looking and trying to remember.

67. I had seen the other CO post about Martha picking a new pup but I just now read her blog post and booo it made me sniffle. I think Martha seems like a pretty cool person even if she did make some unwise decisions in the past.. Haven’t we all?

68. Button Bright says:

darkshines – I didn’t remember the verse in particular, not being a heavy regular of CO comments, but I did a search and came up with this poem. It doesn’t mention heaven, but it does have leaves, and is a rather nice couple of lines, even if it’s not the one you were thinking of:

“Eyes that promise you will always be there…
    Colors of the autumn leaves…Go run and make
    them dance…
    Eyes that dance in firelight…resting by my
    side…
    Be my friend… be the promise…be the blessing..
    be the reason for joy.

Totalee Puppy | Apr 21, 2008 at 10:55 PM”

69. I like 260Oakley’s suggestion… Parsely, Sage, Rosemary.
    I knew a cat called Basil once – he was rather mental – he’d crawl up the wall and hang there for hrs – just hang there doing nothing, the nutter.
    I do like the names of herbs for pets which reminds me – miss you Poppy.

70. OK girls if it’s girls…. Poppy, Willow & Clover
    Boys – Basil… um…. stuck now!
    Anything botanical really :)
    Those puppies are really adorable.

71. How about Guilty Perjury and Jailbird?

72. oh dear… are you sure that was taken BEFORE paw paw died? he’s not looking very much alive there on the counter.

73. Seeing the picture with you and Paw Paw was heart breaking. I feel your pain. My family recently made the decision to have our Chow Chow (China)put down. She was to be 16 years old on Halloween. We are still having a hard time dealing, especially my children. Maybe an Asian name for the baby Chows?

74. I have two Chow chows, Roarie Huxley Growler and Rooth Anne Mongrowlian. I have a few names picked out for when they have puppies:

Ruffus, Ruffner, Rickshaw, Ruby (for a girl)

I kinda got stuck on the “R” name thing…