Poetry Time

How does the meadow flower its bloom unfold?

C'mere, wanna show you sumpin'

Because the lovely little flower is free

Dis mah spayshul place.

Down to its root, and, in that freedom, bold.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

From "A Poet! He Hath Put his Heart to School" by William Wordsworth

Photos of "Moses" by Hannah W.

Comments

1. Aw, what a sweetie!!! I love his wittle hands together. I’m afraid he’ll run away though!

2. kaitlyn says:

Oh this one definitely made me smile.

3. Aw, I’m in love!

4. Good to know that Moses is still such a ham, even without Cheeps around to play with!

5. Perfect, Mike!

6. Aw man, I wish I was small enough to fit in that spayshul hidingk place… and then I could give the wondrous Mosesham a bear hug! (Er, ham hug?)

7. Erebella says:

Hello, ceiling hamster, it’s me, Moses. Please bring me a girlfriend………..and then if you could not watch when I bring her here to my special flower bed, I’d appreciate it. kthxbai

8. Awww! Looks like my old hammie.

9. chanpon says:

These pics reminds me of the little totoros running through the tunnel of shrubbery that links to their world. :)

10. Michelle says:

Erebella! lmao!

11. warrior rabbit says:

Sweet fancy Moses! That is adorable. Moses, bud, you still got it… And we miss Cheeps, too.

12. binky-mama says:

He looks like he is praying in the last one!

“Tank you so moishe God, for dis bootiful flower bed for me to play in. Bless us all.”

Sooooo cute!

13. srsly i want 2 shoot its eyes 0ut with my bb gun and twist it’s head off and then give it to a dog to eat lulz fgtz♠

14. ooh look a moron found out how to comment (eulb)

15. eulb – go away and stop trolling. Go to an emo site if you want to pull that garbage.

16. I’m only speaking for my own spiritual beliefs but to me, hamsters prove the existence of God / Higher Power / Great Big Floaty Spirit.

It’s their minature perfection. Their perfick claws and paws, and soft soft fur :)

If you don’t believe, then they prove how great Nature is :)

17. Patty P says:

I wubs him wif his wittle hammie paws together, like he is on stage, dramatically quoting Wordsworth. I can haz potree!

18. Dan Bledwich says:

O.M.G. WHAT HAPPENED TO CHEEPS?
    SOMEBODY TELL ME!!!!!!! *frantic*

19. Yeah what happened to Cheeps?! :(

20. Beth (in NC) says:

Will you look at those hands clasped?!?!?!?! He could get me to give him anything he wanted, seriously, I’d be putty.

21. Hon Glad says:

As I walked in flowery bowers
    Slow did pass the sunlit hours
    In pensive mood I oft did see,
    A hot chick Hampster,aspying me.

22. I love it! I have a special place too, beautiful and flowery. I identify lol :) aww

23. Moses! I was wondering how he was doing. Now we need an update on Cheeps.

24. HEE!!!!! <3

25. adorabuhls

26. i would be quite content to frolic in a meadow with this little cutie anytime.

27. Gail (the first one) says:

LOL @ Hon Glad!!

28. Honestly, the adorableness and the beauty of this post makes this my all time favorite post!! Sooo pretty

29. Aww, not only is that a cute post, but that’s a really pretty poem, too… never heard it before!

30. @Seren: You can read the full poem at this link:

On an unrelated note, it looks like I inappropriately shortened the title in my post, so I’ve changed it. The correct title is “A Poet! He Hath Put his Heart to School.”

31. ashagato says:

please forgive the length, but this is the poem moses made me think of…

somewhere i have never travelled, gladly beyond
    any experience,your eyes have their silence:
    in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me,
    or which i cannot touch because they are too near

your slightest look will easily unclose me
    though i have closed myself as fingers,
    you open always petal by petal myself as Spring opens
    (touching skilfully,mysteriously)her first rose

or if your wish be to close me, i and
    my life will shut very beautifully ,suddenly,
    as when the heart of this flower imagines
    the snow carefully everywhere descending;
    nothing which we are to perceive in this world equals
    the power of your intense fragility:whose texture
    compels me with the color of its countries,
    rendering death and forever with each breathing

(i do not know what it is about you that closes
    and opens;only something in me understands
    the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses)
    nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands

e.e. cummings

32. Theresa says:

Yay! A hamster and Romantic (capital R) poetry!

Reminds me of “Hello there poetry lovers! It’s time for Bullwinkle’s Corner!”

33. luckycliff says:

oh look, it’s a Hamster Glamour shot!

34. To everyone who is asking what happened to Cheeprs and what he’s up to…Cheeps passed away a little while back *Sniffle* There was even a memorial post here on CO. Which is why having Moses back on here is even more wonderful! Even by himself, he’s still a star ^_^.

35. Martha in Washington says:

How is it possible that hamsters get to run around outside all by themselves with no leash? I think our hamsters would quickly disappear and we would never see them again. Of course our hammies are dwarf hammies and therefore much smaller and easier to lose. I think they are also mean and would run away just to spite us. (By “mean” I mean they like to bite the hand that feeds them.)

36. Paunchie says:

that is perfect for little Moses! Love the third photo! It does look like he’s contemplating the beautiful meadow flower!

37. the widdle hands clasped as he recites!

bravo, maestro Moses!

38. What happened to Cheeps?? How did he die? I’m so sad… :(

39. Oohh, Ashagato, my favorite, favorite poem…..

Although, given the way my life has been recently (and Moses’ losing his friend), I prefer:

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may,
    Old Time is still a-flying:
    And this same flower that smiles to-day
    To-morrow will be dying.

The glorious lamp of heaven, the sun,
    The higher he’s a-getting,
    The sooner will his race be run,
    And nearer he’s to setting.

That age is best which is the first,
    When youth and blood are warmer;
    But being spent, the worse, and worst
    Times still succeed the former.

Then be not coy, but use your time,
    And while ye may, go marry:
    For having lost but once your prime,
    You may for ever tarry.

40. ashagato says:

ah yes, berthaserv. i do believe i wrote more than one paper on Mr. Herrick’s lovely poem during my exceedingly long career as an english major.

i’m pretty sure i used it as an excuse for bad behavior on more than one occasion, as well ;)

41. English Majors!!

How about
    How can the bird that is born for joy
    Sit in a cage and sing:’
    Hear can a child, when fears annoy,
    But droop his tender wing,
    And forget his youthful spring?

O! father & mother, if buds are nip’d
    And blossoms blown away,
    And if the tender plants are strip’d
    Of their joy in the springing day,
    By sorrow and care’s dismay,

How shall the summer arise in joy,
    Or the summer fruits appearr
    Or how shall we gather what griefs destroy,
    Or bless the mellowing year,
    When the blasts of winter appear?

42. LadyChroe says:

In case anyone is interested, that plant is called phlox subulata. Blooms in the sprink-tiem with de tulips and daffies.

43. Hannah W. says:

Hey everybody… its Hannah W. (I took the pictures.)

I’ve gots some bad news for everybody.
    Moses died :(
    Don’t worry, it was peaceful, he died in his sleep.

So therefore, no more pictures of Moses will be avalible.
    But good news! He’s in the cuteoverload calender with cheeps!

44. Hannah W….So sorry to hear about Moses. :( But now he can join Cheeps in animal heaven. Thanks for sharing him with us via pictures.

45. ThreeCatNight says:

Good night, sweet Prince,
    and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

46. Beautiful!
    Those pics are amazing.

47. Hannah W. – so sorry about your loss. Your little pets have brightened my life considerably. Moses has been on my desktop in the mountain pink ever since that picture was posted, adding a little joy to each day. I’m sure Cheeps was glad to see him.

48. Awwwwww..
    Moses is so adorable it makes you wanna cry…

Hope he is safely in hamster heaven, eating all the cucumbers and smelling all the flowers he could ever wish for….

What a cutie…..