Cute-iny on the Bounty

August 12: The long months at sea have taken their toll on Captain Bleaargh, I fear.  Lately, his behavior is like that of a three-year-old child, and the men grow restless and dissolute.  As first mate, I have concealed his condition as best I can, but with each passing day the signs grow clearer.  He addressed the crew after breakfast, but during ten agonizing minutes, all he could produce was several gurgling noises and a number two.

Admit it. You were expecting a 'poop deck' joke.

Aye-aye, Carrie B.

Comments

1. Anne Boleyn says:

Arghhhh!

2. belphebe says:

What a cute sailor!

Can I join the crew? Please?

3. Suzanne says:

We sail the ocean blue
    and our saucy ship’s a beauty
    We’re sober pugs and true
    and attentive to our doodie…

May Gilbert & Sullivan forgive me. :P

4. katiedid says:

Shiver me timbers.. ITS A PUG!!

5. Beth (in NC) says:

YAAARRRRR!

6. You’ll know it’s the end of the line when the captain says ‘Pasickie,’ Lieutenant McPuggersons.

7. I almost had two unfortunate “coffee through the nose” incidents. First, with NTMTOM’s final four words, then at Suzanne’s.

Curse you! And your little dog, too!

8. I believe this is the first time the internet has actually made me LOL.

9. Set sail for Tahiti, Mr. Christian! And hoist that teddy bear from the yard arm!

10. scooterpants says:

OMG look how they stand zactly the same!
    (flops over ded from chair)

11. 260Oakley says:

The first mate is constantly in the brig for fighting with the cat-o-nine-tails while on watch.

12. Katrina says:

Whose feet are cuter?
    Idonknow…

13. Yep. I admit it.

14. I shall serve faithfully at your side captain.

15. I will admit I don’t normally like pugs, but OMG this is freaking adorable!

Don’t you get the feeling these two will be best mates for life?

16. Ohhhh….so that’s why they call it the poop deck!

17. Holy croley – if there’s anything cuter than a puppeh, it’s a puppeh in a sailor suit.

He’s Pup-eye the Sailor Man!

18. We come on the sloop john b,
    My pug brother and me
    Around nassau town we did roam
    Drinking all night
    Got into a fight
    Well I feel so broke up
    I want to go home

19. LOL Kris! Should’ve thought of that!

20. metsakins says:

well the good news is that

he’s never, never sick at sea.

21. JuliaJellicoe says:

What, NEVER?

22. No, never.

23. zeldapie says:

MR. CHRISTIAN!
    Next stop, TAHITI. Isn’t that right, boys?

(YAAAAR!!)

24. mah puggy lies over teh ocean
    mah puggy lies over teh sea
    mah puggy lies over teh ocean
    oh bring bak mah puggie 2 meeee

25. Totally cute, captain and first mate are totally perfectly matched. But what I really want to say is, brilliant comments, CO people! I laughed all the way down – and now I have G&S stuck in my brain, which is fine with me!

26. mberkie0 says:

“What, never?”
    “W-e-l-l, hardly ever!”

27. metsakins says:

He’s hardly ever sick at sea!

28. “Le-e-e-et’s sniff three rears
    “And one rear more
    “For the hearty captain of the Pinafore!”

29. AuntieMame says:

You people are nuts. LOL!

And I’m guess the puggie must be the Cap’n, because if the pudgy, pink one is acting like a three-year-old, then he’s precocious. That one’s still measuring his age in months, I’m guessing.

30. NTMTOM: This is your best work yet. Iffen u dun mind me sayin..

“all he could produce was several gurgling noises and a number two.”

This one will become a classic, I’m sure.

31. marie_n says:

holy crap. i wonder if i can find one of those little get-ups big enough for my beagle. i’d make her love it.

32. Elisha B. says:

Little boys in blue! Too cute!! (the entry date at beginning of caption – totaly rocks, my b.day of course)

I’ll sail anywhere with these 2, as long as their mom approves:)

33. katiedid says:

lol @ marie_n… yah just like I made my bird love his bird diaper … heheh

34. Squirrel says:
  35. Theresa says:

He’s called little Butterpug
    Dear little Butterpug
    Tho’ I could never tell why

36. Little chubby-feet on the left cannot even stand up on his own so he can’t captain this ship. However McPuggerson stands firmly on 4 paws with the added advantage of 360 degree visual perception. Host the sail and bring on the milk and kibbles.

37. catloveschanel says:

Well Done, Matey! From the title “Cute-iny…” to wardrobe to a Blue Eyed Pug.

So I have never seen a blue eyed pug prior to this exposure, but I took this chance to be so stunned as to compose, ahem, sung to ZZTOP Sharp Dressed Man.

*********

Clean shirt, new shoes
    and I don’t know where I am goin’ to.
    Sailor suit, black tie,
    I don’t need a reason why.
    They come runnin’ and I just shrug
    cause every girl crazy ’bout a Blue Eyed Pug.

[serious air guitar part]

38. *adds to the sing-a-long*

On the good ship puppychops.
    it’s a sweet trip to the butchershop.
    where pockchops play on the sunny beach of sausages bay.

39. catablob says:

NTMTOM I think you may share genetic material with other members of my family species.
    What you wrote is the sort of nonsense ‘my sister’s cat is a blob’ would come up with.

40. Carlisa says:

Sir Nipper Skipper! I loooove pugs!1!

41. Catsquatch says:

Ok, this is why I love you guys so much:

“all he could produce was several gurgling noises and a number two.”

ROFLMAOPMP!!!!!!

[No, that ^ would be a “number one” – Ed.]

42. Best caption ever written.

43. woofysma says:

Suzane – you’re brilliant — Gilbert and Sullivan would love the new verse! I can picture that adorable puggy dancing the hornpipe. He and his crew are so cute.

44. Yeah, I need a pug now. Definitely. Definitely need a pug.

My dog has made friends with a pug in our neighborhood, and they are just so cute together. He’s incredibly laid-back. I WANT ONE OF MY OWNNNNN!

45. Hon Glad says:

NURT MA TOM: You surpass yourself.

Avast there you scurvy swabs, I’ll have ye both keel hauled.Oim taking over this ship and we be leaving on the noon toid. Um thats if its all right with you.

46. NTMTOM: Outstanding!

And I love this pic! Googly-eyed puglet in a tiny sailor suit? Behbeh human who can barely stand on his chubby little feets? What’s not to love?

47. now that was funny :)

48. Sittin’ in the mornin’ sun
    I’ll be sittin’ when the evenin’ comes
    Watching the cute roll in
    And then I watch it roll away again, yeah…

49. I was forced to haul out the big guns here…

“I want to sing and dance, I want to sing and dance, I want to be a pug-rat in the Pugrats of Penzance.

Wear me silver buckle collar and me tight shiney pants (BOM-BOM) I want to sing and daaaaance!”

ok ok so technically he’s nawt wearing pants…

50. Each and every pug looks a bit more like Marty Feldman.

Gilberturn

51. marie_n says:

my abbie already has a little rain jacket, now i am really going to get her a sailor suit. she is going to be tres chic. i think the navy and white will compliment her beagle fur very well, but she’ll shed all over it.

52. wordnerd says:

Very cute Pug, in a very cute sailor outfit (I’m a sucker for a pup in uniform). However, I absolutely MUST nosh on those chubby tot-feet. Yup, those toes are indeed munchable. Mmmmmmm toeses….

53. Katrina says:

When you say “pug” you’ve said it all….when you say “pug” you’ve said it all. [Cue the muffy-footed horses]