Linux H4x0rs in thuh hizzle

Check this out, Linux Source magazine is getting its cute on with the July 2008 cover. Whoa! [Say in Keanu Reeves voice]

107big

C.O.X.L.M.C.U.:  Whooooaa!  [say in Mike Myers voice]

107_cover_closeup

Obligatory triumphant h4x0r:

7379622_15dea63a0e_b
Scott N., thanks for the scr33n c4pp4g3!

[Here's the CO post shown on that cover, by the way.  Well spotted, Erin! - Ed.]

Comments

1. MadameX says:

Well, it makes perfect sense. They *do* have a cute penguin as a mascot!

2. Hahahaha, nice!

3. well even geeks need some qte.

4. Of course! There’s no better site out there!

5. OMG its a sloth too!!! Even though you can barely see him ;) That’s ok, I can just look up my favorite deadly sin in the archives.

6. BeanSidhe says:

Today, Linux Source…
    tomorrow… OMGPENGUIN!!!111!!!

7. Congrats.

Too bad it wasn’t the baby post…

-snort-

8. dharlan1too says:

O.K. If you are going to talk hizzle you are going to have to interpret. I’m old and not hizzle literate. Please inlighten me. I know who started the hizzle shizzle, I just don’t understand it.

9. k. o'dee says:

Do I want to know what ManBabies.com is?

10. Something to finally bring out my nuffing.

Websites are not meant to be viewed on curved surfaces! There’s a reason why everyone’s moving to flat screen tvs, and you don’t see curved monitors at Best Buy. The websites are obviously in distress and this is nothing but torture for the intertubes. Sticking a cute penguin on it does not make it ok. >:[

11. Marianne says:

hurray! a very l33t namedrop methinks..

12. lurkingsmirk says:

cuteoverload for the win!

13. Haha, that’s pretty awesome :)

14. We non-nerds out here mostly have no idea what was said. Somebody take mercy on us and translate.

15. non-geek translation: “Linux hackers in the house”

Now, if you don’t know what Linux, a hacker, or “in the house” means, then I can’t help you there ;)

16. yankeebird says:

@ k. o’dee –
    Manbabies.com is… special. I don’t know how else to describe it.

17. binky-mama says:

Somebody poke that penguin with a pin…he’s about to ‘hesplode!

18. Geeks need cute more than anyone. Made cynical by the internet, the only thing they can truly love anymore is fluffy little animals.

19. Good for you!!! That is awesome… more and more recognition to a wonderful site!!

20. Yes, noids recognize the impor-TONCE of a good schnooks in one’s life! Today, Cute-Overload. Tomorrow, Cute-OverLORD!! Then you shall command ALL the cute vessels of the world to take over and show us the err of our ways!

21. Chapon — best nuff ever!

22. PUBLICITY! All good, all the time!

23. ::beeps pengueen belleh::

24. gooeyctr says:

And Meg said, “Let there be l33t,” and divided the cute from the darkness!

All hail Meg, who pwns h2x0rs and earth!

25. Katrina says:

What?

26. I thought that manbabies thing was going to be a fetish site.

I iz jaded.

Way to go Meg, everybody needz ze cute.

27. Shouldn’t this post also be filed under Press?

[OK, done - Ed.]

28. marie_n says:

i bet that penguin is actually taller than the empire state building. it’s like a cross with the stay puff marshmallow man.

29. Ennyfing in Keanu Reeves voice saownd fyn tewmii az lawng az wii getz tew c teh sourss.

30. Katrina says:

What?

31. Katrina — loosely translated, that was: “I can has Keanu??”

32. cheesybird says:

Ha! Kimski, my brain went in the same direction yours did. I googled and clicked very cautiously. I was at once relieved, bewildered, and disturbed anew to discover what it really was.

33. chanpon says:

Freak, I can’t spell my own name right. :-/

34. wagthedogma says:

I really need to find this issue. My Eee seriously needs pimping.

35. (OK, so I substituted “hacking” for “pimping” because I’m oh so conservative that way)

36. wagthedogma says:

Of course. Let’s keep our PCs PC, shall we? :D

37. *headdesk*

38. Bashful says:

I like the bewildered cowboy/gentleman farmer at the bottom of the page.

39. Katrina says:

OK, thank you Theo for the translation services.

My Eee is just dandy, thank you for asking.

Shizzle, dear!

40. Katrina says:

jmuhj- Yes, dear, you may have Keanu, it is fine with me.

41. Katrina says:

My stars and garters…..

42. Jessica S. says:

oh my! I am famous! That is me and my picture on the cover haha so random :) I barely know what Linux is…who wants a free signed copy?

43. The cover photo is an actual screenshot of the Linux desktop running the latest Compiz Fusion! Find videos on YouTube.