Try Gooseberries — New From Quaker!

Kids, start your day the Goose-er-iffic way, with new Quaker Gooseberries!  The sugar-frosted, vitamin-packed oat cereal with a FREE GOOSE in every box.  Collect the whole set!  It’s the Goose-tastic part of this good-for-you breakfast!

Remember: I'm the collectible; THAT'S the food.

Trade’ja two greys for that yellow, Luckypooka.

Comments

1. Ummmm… warm Fuzzies for breakfast!

Bleeen????

2. hon glad says:

The Goose is out.(Zen coane)

3. warrior rabbit says:

Quacker Oats?

4. bookmonstercats says:

LOL warrior rabbit. I was trying to think up a witty comment, but you beat me to it.

5. gimmie some! gimmie some!!!

6. varenoea says:

XD but you know that a “gooseberry” is really a genetic deficiency that kills off babies before they’re born, right? Not necessarily human babies. I’m thinking in terms of Drosophila flies.

But Terry Pratchett used the word in his book “Jingo” – for a deficient organiser – so it’s not just a geeky joke for genetic researchers.

7. Dreamspinner Cheryl says:

Gooseberries are also just gooseberries, Varenoea. Like sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar..?

8. starling says:

I think the berry gooseberry got their first, varenoea.

9. starling says:

THERE first!

AAAAARGH!

*goes to iron hands*

10. ‘Gooseberry’ can also mean an unwelcome person, like a ‘third wheel.’
    But that little goose would be welcome at MY place ANY time.

11. charliewabba says:

NTMTOM – do you have 2 greys to trade?

12. Theresa says:

I want to know where this all happens– sugar gliders and tiny puppehs with your manicure; fluffy gosleengs in your cereal box. Phoenix Arizona? Columbus Ohio? I clearly live in thr wrong market area.

13. Theresa says:

PS “A free goose in every box” — is begging for a certain, erm, interpretation. And that’s the way I like it. :P

14. catablob says:

Theresa, i’m right there with you. I often wonder why those people who look after baby pandas have a job that was clearly meant to be mine!
    I have nothing witty or clever to say.
    Just, this is cute! I can almost feel how soft and fluffy that little creature is. What a way to start the day!

15. Michelle says:

*opens lid and shoves entire arm into box, spilling cereal all over the kitchen while digging for free goose*

16. Michelle says:

Theresa, once I was in Louisville, KY visiting my aunt. I was soaking in the bathtub one morning and my mom entered the bathroom with something bundled up in her apron. She leaned over the tub and let the bundle spill into the water. 6 baby ducklings! So, maybe Louisville?

Unfortunately, the water was a bit warmer than they were accustomed to, which had a bit of a laxative effect. So maybe not Louisville, but Indianapolis?

17. Oh Michelle!! The visual! The visual! OMG!

18. Everybody sing!

~Be kind to your web-footed friends,
    For a duck may be somebody’s mother!
    Be kind to your friends in the swamp
    Where it’s very cold and very damp~

:D

19. Man, all I got with my Apple Jacks was a crappy Indiana Jones light up spoon.

20. Martha in Washington says:

Michelle–I grew up in Louisville and I NEVER got a single duck with my bath. I musta lived on the wrong side of town :(

21. I wuv gooseberries!

Oh, and baby gooses too.

22. I’m thinkin’ we need a category for all these deelichous meals we’ve seen in the past few weeks.

23. Birdcage says:

Snap …. quackle …. pop.

24. Do they still give out a baby Vermicious Knid in the boxes of Quaker Snozzberries?

25. Waht cud pawsiblii bii bettuhr???

26. chanpon says:

Mmmmm..cup of downy with my breakfast?

27. Gosling. Tsk. Do not insult the wee one by having cheerios alongside.

28. CathyDee says:

. . . better than a dingleberry.

29. Capn Crunch, now with Gooseberries!
    Michelle – that is HI-larious!!! Bet you had to take another bath after that!!!!