Blooooop!

A sweeeet collection of transparent undersea creatures is on display over at NationalGeographic.com, including this guy, the Roundbelly Cowfish aka Mr. Rule #38! (I am not making that name up)

Translucentcowfishnewbert1145302s_2

Photograph by Chris Newbert/Minden Pictures. Wallpaper available here. Sent in by Debbie G. ;)

Comments

1. Wombats says:

ADORABUHLS! Very prosh and iridescent!!

2. Katrina says:

He’s red, white and blue!

3. It looks like he wants a keess! What a cutie!

- sas < -- personifies Rule #38

4. Awww!
    Cute little electric dumpling fishie!:D
    He reminds me of a samosa!

5. HAHAHAHA OMG

“mom i want a fish like this”
    “woah what is that?”
    “seacreature”
    “that looks like a mouse with some kind of swim suit”

6. It’s a shame rule #38 is a perfect example of a kitten with intestinal worms…

I should know, my kittens are being treated for them right now and they have ‘cute’ distended bellies.

7. warrior rabbit says:

It’s a shame people feel compelled to post irrelevant, nuff-like comments.

8. I’m so sorry about your kittens, bikuki! May they feel much better soon and be worm-free!

As for Mr. Rule #38, he is ANERABUHLS!!!

9. Klappstuhl says:

BABELFISH!

10. Erebella says:

Wow, I LOVE creatures like that! Things that are translucent or have bioluminescence – just the most awesome creatures around. Nothing on another planet can be weirder than some of the things in our ocean. And if they happen to be this cute with a name even prosher than we could come up with, all the better. Thanks a bunch Meg!

11. Thanks for the new desktop image!

12. Baroo?

I was thinking the same thing Estlin. Time to replace the prarie dogs.

13. He looks like bees made him.

14. Desdemona says:

Wow, when you look at the National Geographic link, it seems the majority of these shimmering creatures come from the Waddell Sea off Antarctica. Who knew such delicate things could live in such a cold place!

15. BeanSidhe says:

He looks like he’s made of spun glass. How lovely!

16. Melissa says:

He looks like he’s made of bubble wrap. Cute!

17. Katie Reese says:

How big is he/she?

18. Orbitty says:

I think he looks like he’s wearing bubble wrap!

19. chanpon says:

Why, this is just like the hammie below, except he’s blue!

20. I love these little fish! so funny :)

21. ps I wish to see how he/she swims!

22. MoonCatty says:

“Take me to your leader.”

*blink*

23. Theresa says:

In patriotic colors for the Fourth.

24. Adorable! He looks like he’s all just floating around in the big blue (black).

25. Caitlin says:

I love his hexagons! and yes, he DOES look like a samosa. *chomp*

26. Once again, the undersea world dazzles and delights.

27. Catsquatch says:

WOW!!!!

HES PRIDDY!!!!!

28. so cute. rofl about the samosa comment.

29. maybe he’s really made on a chickenwire base?

30. SO CUTE! He does look like a blue cow jumpin’ over some moon! Love NatGeo.

ROFL @ “He reminds me of a samosa!” I come from Samosa-land and that didn’t strike me until I read that!

BLOOP!

31. @warrior rabbit
    I don’t think it’s fair that people find an unwell kitten cute – I would have posted it in the rule #38 comments but somehow all the comments about worms seem to have been deleted and the comments locked in the post…

32. My 3 kitties are threatening to leave forever unless I put that picture of *them* back as my desktop wallpaper!

Sorry cattens, but for now it´s got to be this cute fishie on my screen! :D

33. Hahah, cowfish over the moon! I couldn´t help myself and do this with one of my moon photos – somebody suggest captions, please LOL! ;)

34. Tobysmom1111 says:

The Beautiful Blue Roundbelly Cowfish aka Mr. Rule #38! be tilting his noggin just a bit ‘non? Could this be this fish version of a “Baroo”? I think so…let’s try it…”Hey, Mr. Rule #38!”…head tilts the other way when name is called…

35. katiedid says:

hehehe… he looks like he is made of chicken wire and jelly fish lol

36. marie_n says:

someone may have blown him (not like that) with a bottle of mr. bubbles and then he just flittered away with his tiny fins.

he actually looks kind of menacing, and almost makes me wish that he had eyebrows so that he could be furrowing them.

37. marie_n says:

and also, he looks like he is composed of plant cells. /nerd

38. Ok, not sure how many of you will get the reference, but my boyfriend has a three year old that watches Little Bill.

This little guy reminds me of the tiny alien when Little Bill and Captain Brainstorm go to another planet.

“Frieeeeend.” *big grin*

Little dude was too cute! And so is this one!

39. @bikuki…
    kitties with bellies fulla milk have that nice round belleh, too. Not all fat kitten bellies are due to worms.

40. Hon Glad says:

He’s made of bubble rap, please do not start popping him.

41. BeanSidhe says:

Bubble rap
    bubb-bubble rap
    Bubble rap
    bubba-bubble rap

Word.

**hangs head in shame**

42. binky-mama says:

He says to his therapist:

“I feel like people can see right through me”.

*rolling eyes at own self*

43. I love cowfish!! They all look like little spaceships. :)

44. Our little friend is the star of a Photoshop contest on Fark right now:

45. its eyes shine the eyes r sooo big hes like see through one time i went to pet smart and this clear fish was there and u could see its heart and organs ewwwwwwwwwww and cool