How to Solve a Catsaw Puzzle

Forget Scrabulous. Forget Scramble. It’s all about Catsaw puzzles.

Start with one of the pieces near the edge, and work your way into the center.

Dscn4471

Eventually, all of the pieces should fit together snugly, like this:

P1000088

Thanks to Emily C. (top photo) and Shannon C. (bottom photo)

Comments

1. Seems that the kitten on the right enjoys the smell of feets X3

2. cheesybird says:

Make sure to flip all the kittehs over so they’re facing upward.

Darnit! I think I’m missing a piece.

3. hon glad says:

Marmie cat smile.

4. momof2kitties says:

Cheesybird: I have your missing piece…and I’m not giving it back! :-)

5. Aww. I just noticed the kitty’s smile =3
    It looks so content and happy.

6. Cat-tris!

(Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy music)

maomaomao
    mao mao
    mao
    maomaomao
    maomaomao
    maomaomao
    maomaomaomaomao

7. cheesybird says:

Momof2kitties, is it the marmie piece that I’ve been looking for? Or the calico piece?

Please can I have it back? Please please please? Otherwise I’ll never finish the puzzle.

8. catablob says:

cg, you stopped in the middle!

these are so cute they made me catch my bref.

9. oh so snuggly…can i curl up in there? rather than sit at this desk?

10. I love the grey kittehs Marmie bits.

11. Georgia says:

Marmie bookends….I need a set for my office and the calico kitty book in between. sigh.

12. catablob says:

oh, also for an overwhelming pile o teeny demented kittens I recommend today’s daily kitten post at the daily kitten:

13. momof2kitties says:

Hmmm…

I’ll give it back in exchange for a pa-sickie. Marmie flavurz plz.

14. …man, I need to get my house set back up for kitten fostering, STAT.

15. cheesybird says:

Seems a fair trade. One marmie pa-sickie comin’ right up!

16. Erebella says:

Oh gosh, double marmie hit, plus a tiny bit of marmie mixed into the middle kitteh. Berthaservant is gonna wet himself.

17. momof2kitties says:

Yum. Tastes like marmie.

NQ!

ps We are headed out tomorrow on vacay for 3!!! weeks. No phone. No TV. No internets. No CO for me. :(

See you all in July!!!!!

18. Theresa says:

@Cheesybird– wait– what– you’re *regurgitating* it?

19. Mom2K — you’re going to have some catching up to do, that’s for sure. ;)
    Have fun!

20. Purrfeck kittun puzzuhl. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

21. *runs in out of nowhere*
    *grabs middle, snickerdoodle kittch*
    *runs away laughing*

22. Oh nose, Leannrose has taken one of the pieces of the puzzle! Well, I guess these two marmies aren’t doing anyone any good, so I’ll just take them over here…..no one wants a broken puzzle, you know….(makes a break for it w/ a marmie in each pocket)….

23. meowandwoof says:

good for you, berthaservant, it’s about time!

24. This one’s for B-Serv: http://tinyurl.com/5fmte7

25. I almost couldn’t tell they were marmies in the first pic, but really very obvious upon further examination. Intensive, snorgariffic examination.

I miss my marmie boys :(, but I have no space for 3 cats right now, so I make do with one who is a tux lad.

26. Foxy: “snorglicious” ;-)

(alternately, try “snorglastic” or even “snorgleeful”)

27. Aha! So my plan worked and Berthaservant got his marmies!

Okay, so I had no plan, I just really wanted the one in the middle. At least you have kittehs…my calico’s 1700 miles away and I can’t get any in my current living space. :(

28. Thanks Teho, I’ve checked that many times. It almost happened a couple of weeks ago, but I had to pay to get the A/C in my car fixed, and now I’m teaching again, so my schedule is wonky. It’s not just the kind of thing I can pick up on the way home at any old time, unfortunately.

29. How adorable can adorable get?

30. More marmies have homes– a cyber-pal just took home a couple of 12-week-old orange kitten brothers! Yay!

31. Was it just me, or did anyone else hear the tetris music playing when they saw this picture?

32. chanpon says:

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Clearly the pieces only fit all snuggled in my lap.

33. Teho

Maybe snorglriffic? (OK, really just seeing how many consonants I can use in a row, and still have it make sense)

Or, how about, oh, I don’t know snorglecalifragilisticexpialidoceous?

34. i have a theory, that i have, which is mine, and that is this:

cats like to sleep together

athenkyew

35. See? SEE? Monty Python shows up AGAIN! Gyahhhh!!

;)

36. Monique says:

this makes me remember how much I need to get 3 kittens that are all the same size!

37. Kaboodular!

38. ThreeCatNight says:

Those interlocking kittehs need just one more component to complete the puzzle (I’ll be happy to provide one orange-and-white one, for a punch of color)

39. hmmmmmmmmm, love it :-p