How I Met Your Father

"Lordy me, that picture takes me back.  It was at the Rotary Club picnic, and there was this boy — and I swear he must have followed us the whole afternoon, working up his nerve.  Finally he comes up to me — and of course he was much thinner then, dont’cha know, and he still had all his fur — and he just stands there, staring.

"Well, after a few minutes of this, I give up and turn to get some more tuna casserole, and he just up and bites me on the tail!  Right in front of everybody!  And well, of course I’m just madder than I-don’t-know-what-all, and I’m about to haul off and slug him, when I get a look into his eyes.  And it was like they were pleading with me: Don’t go.

CHOMP!

"And I figured, if a feller wants a girl bad enough to bite her on the tail, he must want her awful bad.  That was forty-seven years ago, and we been together ever since.  Missed the fireworks and everything.

"Well, not entirely."

AWWWW!

Thanks for the memories, Dia H.

Comments

1. That is just priceless.

2. Aww this looks like my kitty Doodle. What cute babies!

3. hon glad says:

Well you can’t beat the cave man aproach.

4. Very sweet story, NTMTOM.

5. aawwwwhhh so cute
    *swoons at all the romance in the air*
    swoons I tells ya.

6. binky-mama says:

That cat is a SAINT!

Puppeh is all “Where do you think YOU’RE goin’? I ain’t done with snorgalin’ ya.”

Kitteh: *long gusty sigh with eye roll*

7. Yaaay they posted my pictures :)
    This just made my day, PLUS my hangover just got better :)

8. darkshines says:

I like this new guy, he posts quality stuff, often, and his stories and hovertext are amazing.

9. So cute I can’t not hardly stand it!

10. cliffette says:

Awesome. Big smiles here. :)

11. http://www.haziallat.hu/galeria.php?kepido=2134811444&szam=512&osztas=8&kategoriaido=

Under this link you can vote, the pets are not mine but if they get the most votes they win some sort of prize!
    Just click on the fifth star :)

12. The lof! It keels!

13. starling says:

I lubs your stuff, Other Mike. When ya publishing a book?

14. I don’t know what I love more – the pictures, or Mike’s sweet little story. *collapses and weeps*

15. Poohbear says:

Cute romance! Cronshe.

TEWTALLY unrelated, but check back in on the Fewettcam, guys! Fingerpuppet is growing a tailio Iglesias and has learned to squirm upside down now, hind leggies and tailio flailing. And I THINK he’s opened his eyes! (why am I sure he’s a he? Probably the way he behaves, always trying to explore and having Mummy softcronshe him back to safety…)

16. This illustrated story is the funniest thing I’ve ever seen/read. And the cutest. Love it!

17. My grandparents met when my grandpa dropped a paper bag full of water off a roof onto my grandma’s head. Absolutely true.

18. snorglepup says:

I just love a happy ending.

19. Adorabuhls!!!!! Great story telling!

20. martha in mobile says:

I took care of a litter of bigs pups who used a marmie kitteh as a play toy. The cat would yowl from under a pile of pups, struggle and run away…but not too far. I stopped resucueing him when I realized he liked it. His fur was spikey from puppy slobber for weeks!

21. “not entirely” …aww yeeahh

22. ButtaRumCake says:

NTMTOM – OMGosh! That was the cutest story EVAR! (Well, until you post another, anyways LOL)

Keep’em comin’!

23. ….And they call it puppeh love! :-)

24. BEST. CAPTIONS. EVER.

25. ThreeCatNight says:

I’m in the mood for love,
    Simply because you’re furry,
    Please – don’t be in a hurry,
    I’m in the mood for love.
    Try as you might to run,
    You know I’m going to get you,
    Honey, I can’t forget you,
    I’m in the mood for love.
    Why stop to think if whether,
    This little dream shall fade,
    We’ll put our hearts together,
    Now we are one; I’m not afraid.
    I saw you standing there,
    Mewing, and oh, so fetching.
    Come here, and stop your kvetching -
    I’m in the mood for love!

26. N’awwwwww, shweet.

27. This is SOOO cute!! Love that the kitty’s ears are turned backward in the first pic, so you know the pup is really tugging at her tail – not just love nips. Ultimate proof that dogs and cats can live together.

28. hon glad says:

ThreeCatNight: Brilliant!

29. meowandwoof says:

bravo and brava!

30. Katrina says:

ThreeCatNight- Those lyrics should be sung by Tony Bennett. Can you imagine that? I can! I can, and will all day, thank you very much.

31. Wuuuv, twoo wuuv. (Sorry, had a Princess Bride Moment.)

32. @Decca: THAT’S NOT WHAT HE SAID! He definitely said “to blaaave.”

33. Theresa says:

ThreeCatNight– WOW!

34. Theresa says:

PS, could this be the first use of word “kvetching” on CO?

35. catablob says:

pictures and 3CN: redonk!

36. This. is. incredible.

37. I’m not a witch, I’m your wife!!! (sorry, had to continue with TPB)

38. best. post. EVAR.

39. Erebella says:

Oh no, you’ve got me started now.

HAVE FUN STORMING THE CASTLE!

INCONCEIVABLE!! *thud*

40. Ahhh! Kyoot! <3

41. You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

42. Michelle says:

tailio chompers <3

43. Stop it, I mean it!

Anybody want a peanut?

44. Third Shift says:

Not That Mike The Other, Verbose, Wordy, Writer/Novelist-Manqué Mike.

45. awwwwwww

marmies are so easygoing.

46. Rachel Sweeden says:

The photos are adorable.

47. Lillith says:

OMG how utterly QTE. What a patient marmie and what a sweet story!

As you wiiiiish….

48. hon glad says:

My furry purry friend
    our love will never end
    you make me smile with my heart,
    Your looks are laughable
    unphotographable,
    but your my favourite work of art,
    Though your figures no longer sleek
    when your whiskers brush my cheek
    it’s the best day of the week
    you touch my heart,
    Don’t change a hair for me
    I know you care for me,
    Purr fury valentine purr.

49. [finishes skimming comments]

…yep, it is DEFINITELY Friday. All (scant) doubt dispelled.

50. ThreeCatNight says:

Hon Glad: Rogers and Hart would be proud!

51. [visualizing Fred (Mister) Rogers and Corey (Sunglasses at Night) Hart together at an upright piano, with pencils tucked behind their ears]

52. RevWaldo says:

The kitteh’s not that patient. He’s just worried about the riling daddy dog -

53. @NTMTOM- True love is the greatest thing. Except for a nice MLT – mutton lettuce and tomato sandwich, when the mutton is nice and lean, and the tomatoes are ripe…but that’s not what he said! He clearly said, “To blave”, and as we all know, to blave means to bluff!

54. oh, and i love the tail nomming too. :P

55. Never argue with a Sicilian when death is on the line!

56. NO MORE PRINCESS BRIDE NOW!
    I MEAN IT!

57. Yitzysmommie says:

The origin of the Puppehcat..

58. Theo, I do not think that means what you think it means…

59. Never get involved in a land war in Asia…
    (that cat’s face in the second picture is the BEST!)

60. ::hands Theo a peanut::

[Om nom nom. Thanks. - Ed.]

61. Getting some tail, I see.

62. punkinberry says:

“Why didn’t you wait for me?”
    “Well, you were dead.”
    “Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it a while.”
    “I will never doubt again.”
    “There will never be a need.”
    Awww…

63. Mawwage is whut bwings us togedder today.

64. Rarely Comments says:

Humperdinck!
    Humperdinck!
    Humperdinck!

65. My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!

How did you guys know I was just thinking about this movie the other day. Can’t help it, every time I see Mandy Patankin the quotes just flow.

Love the kitteh, puppeh romance story! I’d really love to see the kids!

66. cheesybird says:

Whaddya mean, no more Princess Bride, Theo?

While you’re at it, why don’t you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it?

67. My brains, your strength and his steel against a hundred troops? And you think a little head-jiggle is supposed to make me happy?

68. I don’t think these pics would have been as cute without the story :3

69. where did we leave that whheelbarrow the albino had?

over the albino, I think…

70. Westley and I are joined by the bonds of love, and you cannot track that, not with a thousand bloodhounds, and you cannot break it, not with a thousand swords.

71. I must admit… that is the most adorable interspecies snorgling I have ever seen.

72. starling says:

Theo yelled: “NO MORE PRINCESS BRIDE NOW!”

As you wish.

Sorry :P

73. … and he STILL had all his fur.

74. kestrien says:

And now I must go home and watch TPB yet AGAIN because the comments have given me the chills. The boyfriend will not be pleased. (TPB? AGAIN? Didn’t we just watch this?)

75. I’m waiting now for a picture of a nutria or other large rodent.

I don’t think they exist.

76. oh…teho…i’m trying really hard…but…now i just have to…

Well, I saw these white tails, and I looked and it was four white horses and I thought ‘Well, there’s four of us, if we ever find the lady.’ Hello, lady!

(p.s. technically i’m sort of kinda new at the posting…should i have introduced myself? i wasn’t sure cause i’ve commented a good few times now…)

77. cheesybird says:

Sheepy, I have wondered the same thing. I just kinda jumped in a couple months back and never really introduced myself. But then I wondered if I should have. But now I figure it’s too late. So peeps, what is considered proper CO newbie etiquette?

78. Oh, this is so awesome.

79. catablob says:

Never go up against a sthithilian when death isth on the line!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

thud.

80. @cheesybird:

Hi, I’m Sheepy ::waves::

My likes are bales of hay, bleating, pastures of soft grass, and interspecies snorgling like this one.

My dislikes are wolves and electric fences.

;-)

[Sheepy! NOOOOO!!!! http://dailycoyote.blogspot.com/2008/06/why-ranchers-hate-coyotes.html - Ed.]

81. Barbara says:

I looked at this again and it made me teary again. I must be ovulating. Oh Mike?
    *crushes on NTMTOM*

82. green dactyl says:

Orange cats, esp dark orange, are generally male so the story has some twist or another.

83. cheesybird says:

*waves back*

Nice ta meetcha, sheepy!

I’m cheesybird. My likes are bleu, blackbirds, brie, camembert, cardinals, cheddar, doves… I could be at this for a while.

I’m friends with the butter duck.

84. awwww.. that was really sweet. Warm fuzzies all around now. =)

What I want to see is what the children of this happy couple (the ones who are being told the story of “How I Met Your Father”) look like.

85. Barbara — [John Cleese voice] He’ll never be able to resist *that*.

86. tabbycat917 says:

That was a sweet story!!!

87. Rilliii fiyn kitteh.

88. eikoleigh says:

AH – that was so cute and the story telling is just precious!

89. Martha in Washington says:

So…I’m picturing little old Granny Cat on the flowered sofa with the 12 grandkids all gathered around (perhaps at Thanksgiving) telling this story while Grandpa Dog snores in the easy chair. The grandkids will, of course, be rolling their eyes as they’ve all heard this story a KAJILLION times!! But the girls are all secretly hoping that “THAT” boy will nom on her tail someday soon. And the boys are all like “Cool, does that still work?”

90. Not in my experience.

91. I can see above that Theo finally gave into the Princess Bride goodness!

92. see, Theo, the little person inside of this sheep exterior finds Charlie pretty awesome. But then my sheep exterior is completely and utterly terrified. What do I do!?!?!

Stay inside, I guess.

93. But Martha, what *are* the kids? Are they yellow labmarmies or stripey kitlingpuppthings?

94. NutherDeb says:

Doesn’t anyone have any cute pix of ROUSes???
    (cmonnn, you know the right background and lighting can make ANYTHING look cute!!)

95. claudia says:

lol@ “As you wish” I was waiting for someone to write that lol..

96. Hey, are we introducing ourselves? My name is Starling, I like telephone wires, large gatherings and chattering incessantly.

97. starling says:

That was moi. Something ate my name. *looks worried*

98. Rooanne says:

When I saw the first pic, all I could think was the hovertext should say “Oh no you did n’t”

99. Martha in Washington says:

Theresa–I suppose, like any family, some take after Granny and some take after Grandpa. And some are stripey kitlingpuppthings (my new favorite word!). :)

100. D-awwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :D

101. I absentmindedly call my kittehs and my dogs (4 and 2) repectively) either “kittypuppy” or “puppykitty”.

Either seems to work.

102. Arggh!!! Stupid cocktail typos. Sorry.

103. DaytimeDeb says:

Interspecies snorgling is simply unnatural.

It should be Fido and Freddy, not Fido and Fluffy.

(Happily waving from California!!!)

104. Ross1219 says:

In the history of the snorgle, there have been five snorgles that were rated the most passionate, the most pure…