Tomorrow’s rodent rock stars today

At the Squirrel Academy of Music, we’re training tomorrow’s rodent rock stars today.

You’ll learn all the secrets of the pros, from how to smash a guitar to advanced hotel room demolition techniques. With guitars.

In this photo, Professor Melvin "Johnny Hazard" Goldblatz (center) leads a seminar in intermediate microphone posing.

Watch your balance, Jenkins ... Leroy, get that chest out!'

Can you get us backstage, Rebecca W.?

Comments

1. katiedid says:

Alvin… Simon… Theodore.. and… Sleepy??? :-X

2. purrculier says:

Sqirrel nut zippers the early years! Oh and BLEEN!

[Tsk... http://www.cafepress.com/puddinghockey - Ed.]

3. BELLEH ALERT!!!!!!

4. Squirrels drinking milkes!? I WANT ONE! Look at those big eyes! AND THE EYE CAPSULES! Oh, this is too much…I need to take a break from all the cute…

5. hon glad says:

Oh baybee I’m nutz for you ooh ooh.

6. Theresa says:

Holy crap!!!!

OK, I need an explanation.

7. I just died a little inside…

8. Oh, I wondered what happened to Johnny Hazard! I had all his albums! I think his band mates have taken up residence in my backyard. Any chance of a reunion tour?

9. it looks like the 5th Beatle has been kicked out already.

10. Of course, my mind jumps straight to MythBusters, as usual. The episode where they actually got a rock singer to shatter a wineglass with just his voice. Glass busted, myth confirmed.

“Squirrel Nut Zippers” FTW, too. Well the D and the A and the M and the N…

11. Squirrels are my favorite. Four of em noshin’? Soo much cute.

12. I want a ba-ba,they make it look so good

13. That’s not milk. It’s mayonnaise.

14. THAT CONTAINER IS WAY TOO SMALL FOR THEM! No fair!

15. That little fellow on the left obviously needs to go back to the beginners class! S/he just isn’t grasping the concept…

16. pups'nstuff says:

Yes, the one on the end is not going to make it. The squirrel who doesn’t eat…………………

17. Erebella says:

BANG YOUR HEAD!!!

18. oh my god…it’s a squirrel nursery!

19. zeldapie says:

Must. Snorgle. Bellehs.

20. ThreeCatNight says:

“Got milk?” -
    This commercial brought to you by the NSA (National Squirrel Association), who heartily endorse milk and nuts as a healthy meal to help a squirrel grow.

21. metsakins says:

Rock on lil dudes.

22. Squirly says:

Awwww… I wanna dive into squirrel belly land.

23. Jiffknee says:

Ooky-Spay! Just read the hovertext WHILE Freebird is playing on the work radio. . . *shifting eyes*

Feelin’ a little paranoid now.

Seriously rockin’ lil’ dudes.

24. So cute!

25. Catsquatch says:

Is there a catagory for best optical illusion?

26. marie_n says:

“has anyone seen this site? dogs all wearing hats! pretty amazing http://dogswearinghats.com/
    susan – thank you for bringing that up. that reminds me of another site that i’m sure i’ll get reprimanded for mentioning but i’m going to do it anyway:

honestly, it’s not totally what it seems. definitely worth the look. let your curiousity get the best of you.

27. marie_n says:

oh and the ones in the middle with their little leglettes jutting out are suckling so hard that they’ve collapsed their little ba-bas. when they let go, the bottles are going to go “SSSHHOOOOOOP!”

28. Awesome!!!

But the name of the band will be “Skinner Box.”

29. Mrs. P. says:

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOS! Professor Goldblatz . . . er . . . how do I say this . . . modesty alert! Modesty alert! (Look at little south of the belleh.)

30. Well, Mrs. P., to be fair, that’s a time-honored rock & roll tradition too.
    Call Cynthia Plaster Caster!

31. Theo, once again, you prove why you are the bestest commenter ever. I’m only waiting for the obligatory Frank Zappa GTOs reference.

32. Heh. I’m just waiting for the right Cats-N-Racks™ post, so I can put up a quote from “Titties and Beer”. THERE’S your Zappa.
    Until that day, I shall wait patiently, humming a Stones track.

33. Don’t get me started or I will go TOTALLY “Joe’s Garage” on your hinder.

Can we say, however, that in this picture, necessity is indeed the Mother(s) of Invention?

34. Another Zappa song that this photo called to mind is “Tinseltown Rebellion,” Frank’s scathing satire of the 80’s new-wave music scene: “… and so they go to S.I.R.* to learn some stupid riffs/And practice all their poses/in between their powder sniffs…”

* S.I.R. = popular rehearsal studio space in Hollywood.

35. Something tells me these guys already know how to trash a hotel room.

36. YES, NTMTOM. Excellently played. Although I think he was just as hard on himself in “Joe’s Garage” and “Let’s Make the Water Turn Black” and the other self-reflexive songs about his wayward guitar playin’ youth. (“We played in Joe’s Garage / And we didn’t have no dope or LSD / But a couple quarts o’ beer / Would make it so the intonation / Would not offend your ear…”)

37. Can I have the one on the far left if he flunks out?

38. ..or to just make that Maggie Simpson sound…

39. Theresa says:

@Marie_N, Just hoping he doesn’t get sucked back into the bottle!

40. Theresa says:

PS Possibly the ONLY sight that could conceivably make Miss Pamela say, “Oh– excuse me!”

41. RAWK ONNN, skwerls!

Can’t wait to see pix of them in the guitar-smashing class.

42. Khadija says:

Metz, that one’s MINE!!!

43. @Khadija, oooh! We can be like screaming groupies clawing at heem aftah teh show!

44. Lindasy says:

can anyone tell it they are laying on their sides or standing? But bonus points to whoever put together the milk contraption.
    And the lead singer is slurping so hard…he’s got milk coming out his little nose. And its def-nate its a little boy! lol

45. Lauren the Lurker says:

Much better, Mike! Rock on!

46. singer’s been to the Iggy Pop school already…

47. Daphne Moss says:

For some reason, the little naked bellies seem so cute…but who knew tiny squirrels were so … um… not in need of Enzyte?

48. Yes, clearly this violates CO’s “no ‘nads” policy, but that is rock and roll. Besides, what’s a little squirrel winky between friends?

49. squirrels-la!!!

50. I see squirrel dinkle in the middle pic! oml LOL

51. Yes, show-off Twyla Tharp squirrel can’t just drink his milk normally like everyone else. Noooo, has to always be dramatic in her lines and pose.

52. NOM!!!

What a pile of cuties, seriously. I love the way babies always arch their backs when they nurse.

53. bunnyhunny says:

“Which one d’ja get?”
    “Nathan Jr., I think.”

54. Um…there’s a “no nads” policy? Oh…I didn’t know.

[More of a guideline, really. - Ed.]

55. that lil guy in the middle is like the sebastian bach of squirrels.

rock on, little cabbage!

56. I want to wrap my hands around the body of that third one.

57. Where’s the Jack Black sqwerl?!

58. darkshines says:

Am I looking ata a squirrel’s weiner? 0_o

59. DLT – that is totally a Sebastian Bach squirrel!! Good call!!!

60. Katrina says:

The Squirrel Music Conservatory kicked these guys out after that awful incident at their Junior Recital- peanuts everywhere- so now they play rock and roll and will make 42 times the money their former fellow Conservatory students will make in their lifetimes. I hope they give some of their earnings back to the Conservatory.

61. Katrina says:

They are laying down -otherwise the guy on the left would be hanging there for dear life, and he doesn’t appear to be straining. They are in a crib-like contraption. Love the MDS Milk Delivery System, nice invention!
    How are the bebeh lions these days? Has anybody checked back?

62. Katrina says:

I just checked the lions-they are sleeping out of camera range.

63. Katrina – the Cutie McCubbersons are all doing really well. They are really active now and playing with each other all the time. They are grooming momma lion now and she is SUCH a good and patient mother.
    Can you tell I’m still addicted???

64. Rachel Sweeden says:

berthaservant I agree with you I think the name of the band should be the skinner box.

65. TurboFloof says:

Sqwerl pa-sickies!

66. The middle one is obviously channelling Freddie Mercury at Wembley circa 1986.

67. \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/

(rocking out to whatever sound i imagine a squirrelly band would have…)

:holds up lighter: