It feels like a 100 MILLION degrees out

[Pup dunks head completely underwater, then spouts water upward like a Golden Retriever fountain]

Aaaaah!

Pbbbbbbffft! Pbbbbbbffft!

Dunkin' Dognuts joke here

Glad you and Cessna could cool off a bit, Hil L.

Comments

1. katiedid says:

hehe.. my moms dogs do this in a kiddy pool :-)

2. Hey puppeh, you’re hoggin’ the bleenin’ bukkit!
    *inserts feet in water*
    ahhhhh!

3. What a pretty puppeh =3
    He’s got the right idea!

4. oh well…can’t say I didn’t try!

5. YAY!!!!!! [insert Theo's YAY thingie here]

There are not nearly enough golden retrievers on this site!

YAY!

6. insert what now??

7. …oh oh OHHHH oh OK. Erm. Heh.
    YAY!

8. Guess we know what’s on his Bucket List.

9. TracyFlick says:

Beautiful dog. They’re like little balls of sunshine, golden retrievers. No?

10. Awww.
    Goldies are the ultimate dancing rays of sunshine and sweetness. I have two (mother and daughter) and we’ve had four litters. They’re all the best!

11. Thanks Theo!! :)

12. well…they are water dogs…

13. ThreeCatNight says:

Golden One, come to my house, where you may keep cool in a large bathtub worthy of your size. (and besides, I’m a sucker for Goldens, and you could keep the delinquent cats in line!):)

14. cowdoctor says:

i’m gone one day and the format changes compleately?????

what’s this yahoo reader thing????

used to be able to click on the pics and see or comment or just enjoy *sigh* my luck i suppose

15. Dunkin Do’nuts!
    The apostrophe is for the ‘g’.

16. SQUEEEEEEEE!!! Pups in bukkits?

I WUV goldies.

17. I assume his name is Cessna becuz he’s usually flyin’??? Lof eet!

That bukkit looks soooooo nice and cool, but he does need somefin bigger. How can you splash everybody, and get your whole self wet so you can shake all over everything when you get out, in a teeny tiny bukkit?

18. yahoo reader? dude you have something installed on your pc, the format hasn’t changed.

[CowDoctor -- I think Tank might be right... - Ed.]

19. Melissa says:

I heard there was a kegger here, bra! Where’s the cerveza?

20. Don’t Goldens have the sweetest faces in all of dogdom?

21. He’s like, “What?” A golden and any amount of water are as magnets to each other–they will come together. I want to stroke his fluffulent ears.

22. cheesybird says:

Move over, pup! I’m joinin’ ya in there! *gives puppeh big wet hug*

23. I love how pleased s/he looks about being perfectly bukkit-sized.

this is exactly what i needed to see this rough morning.

24. Juniper Jupiter says:

No, subhangi!

Pups in PAILS!! :D

25. hon glad says:

Cool cojones

26. “What? You where going to drink out of this? Rlly?”

27. pups'nstuff says:

I fully support pups in buckets.

28. Melissa — wow, now THERE’S a doozy of a mental image.

“Kegger Bra”

29. Katrina says:

He (she) looks like the dog in the Jay Bush’s baked/grilled beans commercial-or do they all look like this?

BY the way, how does on ‘grill’ a bean?

Beautiful puppeh doggett!

30. Katherine says:

ZOMG DOGGIE.
    Must… resist… buying… puppy…

31. charliewabba says:

Yes, they all look like this, but usually they are grinning.
    Kisses for the Golden from the tip of the nose up to the spot between the beautiful eyes, and back down the nose again.
    Oh, how I miss my Molly, even after 10 years.

32. I love bobbing for puppies!

33. wah! i wanna wrap my arms around the doggie’s neck and give him/her a big hug, so qte! goldens are such sweethearts, mine was (sniff) the ultimate blonde airhead but had the sweetest, gentlest disposition

34. Juniper Jupiter says:

Wait a minute…is that a CIGARETTE BUTT IN THE BACKGROUND!!!??? SOMEBODY PICK THAT UP!!! Pup could choke on that!

GRRRRRrrr…I hate it when people leave their butts on the ground….GROSS!!!

My best pal carries a ButtCrusher!! Use one of them until you get to a trash can!

35. Theresa says:

Re the Kegger Bra, there was a recent Heinekin commersh that reminded me of that very concept, and thoroughly creeped me out. Sort of a “Metropolis”-style female beer-dispensing cyborg. Eek.

Yes, I know, there are a lot of guys reading this and saying, “What? Something wrong with that?”

36. Theresa — the fam’ and I saw that commercial and agree. Art Deco Disaster.

37. AWWW! What a cutie!

38. momof2kitties says:

I hate that Heineken commershe, too.

But Mr. Wetty McWettersons here can come over for a beer anytime he wants!

39. I’m not seeing the cigarette butt, Juniper, all i see is plant matter and a puppy in a bucket.

a golden puppeh at that. aww i gotta go snuggle Jack and Minya now. Yep. my aunts golden is named after baby godzilla. go figure.

40. I’m not kidding how in love I am with this dog! I can’t stop swooning over this precious face. And I can’t believe Cessna is digging the pail pool!

Clearly, some of the best parents ever! Thank you so much for sharing this -and keeping your baby cool in this heat. :D

41. AuntieMame says:

This must be one of the zinc tubs my mother always claimed to have bathed in when she was a kid.

I wonder if the tub was full when Cessna got in or if she sat in it and waited until they caved in and filled it for her.

42. Melissa says:

“Bra” in the sense of “brother,” as slurred by countless inebriated frat boys nationwide:

43. Oh I know, Melissa. My mind’s eye will not be denied, though.

Ob-la-di, ob-la-da, life goes on, brah!

44. Melissa says:

Drat those mind’s eyes, Theo; they can be insatiable. Very well, then, carry on with your kegger bras, if you must. (Sigh.)

I do like your alternative spelling, with the H. Very Bavarian.

45. Hamburg by way of Liverpool, to be precise.
    ;)

46. That looks so refreshing, I’d join him if I could fit in that bucket with him

47. @Melissa, but it’s those VERY frat boys who would be most interested in a kegger bra, n’est-ce pas?

48. :: auditioning ::

“Okay, Cessna, you’ll be playing the part of Elaine, the Lady of the Lake, and when Arthur comes by on his horse, you POP out of the lake and hand him Excalibur? Ready? No, you have to go all the way under the water, and then just POP OUT and say your line, ‘I bring you, Arthur, Excalibur, with which you will rule the Britains.’ No, say ‘The Britains.’ Because that’s what’s in the script! So, let’s rehearse….one, two…no, of COURSE the lake on stage will be bigger, we’re just practicing the line….”

49. @Morgat, it’s Big Doggie Syndrome. Some Big Doggies don’t seem to apprehend their actual body dimensions. They seem to think they’re the same size as they were when puppies. This is how you get a lot of small children getting run over, and Great Dans trying to cram themselves in your lap.

50. Berthaservant, I hate to correct you, but Elaine is the Lily Maid of Astolat. The Lady of the Lake is named Nimue (according to Mallory) or Vivien (according to Tennyson).

The Lady of Shalott is something else altogether.

51. Oh, you REALLY hated to do that, didn’t you?

52. Well, yeah, because it’s BerthaServant, my motives are a little different. I really don’t want him to feel bad. And I’m old now, so I don’t really have that “Oh boy, let me nail this guy on the net!!!” young smartass thing. anymore. But I am STILL a geek of sorts -of many sorts, in fact. So . . .

53. Theresa, you are ABSOLUTELY right.

But the DIRECTOR of the show who is directing Cessna doesn’t know that. His medieval education begins with “Holy Grail,” detours through “Excalibur” and ends with “Spamalot.”

So, you see, there’s another layer of parody/satire there, just the kind of depth and nuance that I think is appropriate to provoke discussion in the world of Cute Overload.

Thank you for playing along.

(actually, I didn’t know that, but this is a better answer)

54. Theresa says:

Oooh which director is it??? Is it a famous one??? Is it perchance the auteur of “The Tycoon and the Sled”? Or the genius behind “He Made Her Get on the Plane”? Or “The Quaker Wife Shoots the Bad Guy”???

Huh? Huh? Huh? ;)

55. claudia says:

Move over doggie! I’m coming in!

56. Theresa — no, the director I refer to is better known as Alan Smithee.

I like your titles, though, it’s like they are titles of 1911 Edwin S. Porter one-reelers.

57. hon glad says:

Oh Theresa
    What will please yer
    Berthas had a siezure
    trying to get it right.

58. YAY! This is my puppppppy!

SHE is ridonk cute and I couldn’t believe I was lucky enough to have my phone on me for this pic.

Also, there are absolutely no cigs in this pic… just plants. Smoking is gross.

I am the luckiest girl alive because if you think Cessna’s cute, check out her auntie Speedo (vintage pic from 2004):

and them together recently:

Loves of my life.

59. I do so love a soggy doggy…

“Soggy Doggy”– sounds like the name of a chic new cocktail. Recipes, anyone?

60. NutherDeb says:

CowDoc: Yahoo is doing the link different for me, too. Instead of the regular link, it has a magnifying glass and opens up the picture in Yahoo Reader. It used to just take me straight to the CO website. This just started a couple of days ago…

61. Hil – they are both BEAUTIFUL!!!!

62. Outta my way, pup – it’s 82 Furrenheit in my house (omg I hate this lemon of an A/C unit) and I’m roastin’.

BerthaVassal, Smithee is my fave director! (And to join Theresa in correcting-while-not-intending-to-harm, it’s “Britons”.) I don’t think Cessna’s gonna get the part, tho.

63. Get him a bigger pool, it might be too hard to do the doggie paddle in that one !!!
    :+)

64. Also, they normally have a big pool to swim around in… but it’s being remodeled so we had to improvise in the heat. :-)

65. I’m in a buck-et~! I’m in a buck-et~! DON’T YOU DARE TAKE MY BUCKET AWAY FROM ME!

66. Thanks Hil L! You are the luckiest girl on the planet with those two. Please send photos in ANYtime. :D

67. A-DOOR-A-BULL!

68. Lerrinus says:

J. Bo: a soggy-doggy is the cocktail you need the morning after a wild Saturday night!

Great pic!