Sweet No-tingks [ORLY]

Bebeh, I lof you.

No, Bebeh, I lof you more.

No, I LOF YOU MORE

[crazy ball of feathers ensues]

Whisperingks

Exquisite eye capsule action, Jo-Anne F. who found these Little Owls at Hellio.

Comments

1. Shannon says:

omg *sigh* it’s almost too sweet. I am content!

2. I LOF owls! I want little owls! ‘specially ones who whisper sweet nothings in MY ear!

3. The cutest ‘peck on the cheek’ ever!!

4. Oh, shoot me now. So cheesy, so beautiful. A world peace shot.

5. Poohbear says:

My favorite owl picture! Have had it pinned up in my office for TWO YEARS ! couldn’t find a high resolushe version to send to Meg – somebody did the research, am glad it got to CO where it belongs.

6. Oh so precious!! I <3 teh Owls? [who?] Teh Owls! [who?] Teh OWLS!!!! [who who] TEH OWLS TEH OWLS!

… Okay, I’ll stop that now. But srsly, so cute! Ya rly!

7. What a lovely image to come back from vacation to… *sigh* Missed my daily cute, though. This one was almost enough for the whole week. Had to send it to a potential BF… Thanks CO!

8. Annie J says:

Aww, so cute! :)

9. Awwww, lookit the little feathery fluffball bebehs!

10. That is the cutest thing I have ever seen in my entire life.

Ever.

I swear.

11. thequeenmum says:

ORLY?!

I LOVE LEETLE OWLS! MOAR!

12. Don’t you love it when a snorkle’s so good your toes curl?

13. hon glad says:

Owls have the wit to woo.

14. The best! I feel like this should be dedicated just for me…Well, and all the other owl lovers too!

15. Wombats says:

Most precious thing ever! They are so content. I wish I was an Orly too!

16. Darn all the good things I could think of were already taken plus some and Hon Glad best pun ever!

17. Persephone says:

looking at this right after watching Twin Peaks is a kind of odd mental experience:

“aww, the owls, they are so kyooot…. *but they are not what they seem!*!”

18. Poohbear says:

Hon Glad : excellent Elizabethan pun! in ref. to Sweet Suffolk Owl, a 17th c. madrigal by Thomas Vautor. Perfect soundtrack for this pikcha.

19. hon glad says:

Poohbear: Thank you for the Thomas Vautor reference. What an erudite assembly are the peeps of Cute Overload. To be honest I lifted my pun from the title of a play by Mervyn Peake.

20. The lovey owls are a hoot (har) but y’all are *awesome* this morning.

21. Awwww, that’s how me and my hubby are. <3 <3 <3

22. Poohbear says:

One for Teho : what’s the difference between a broken shotgun and a constipated owl ? (Tee-hee.)

23. Poohbear says:

Anyone want to take a shot ? (Hint, hint…)

24. Nicolletta says:

I am ded from the cute.

25. Poohbear – one can shoot, but can’t hit; the other can hoot, but can’t [censored].
    I’ve got the brain today – you know, Teh-0 and I share it.

26. Poohbear says:

Tee! But now I’m confoozled. Thought I had established that TJ and Teho were NOT one and the same – now they share a brain? Doubts rise in me once again. Teh Interwebs ees teh meesteerious playce.
    BTW, Vox never worked well with any of my browsers – can’t seem to fix it – froostrayshon.

27. Now, my dear, let me regurgitate something for our dinner.

28. ThreeCatNight says:

My dear, you are the only one I ever want to share a branch with.

29. Pooh – Tee-J and Tee-0 are not the same person, I promise. But like marmalade cats there is only one brain between us. It would be too dangerous if we both had brains, you see, and as it is we have to live in different parts of the country, in order to prevent “The same thing we do every night, Pinky- try to take over the world” situations from occurring.
    You’ll thank us later.

30. Theresa says:

OMG Sweet Suffolk Owl!
    So trimly dight with feathers like a ladye bright!

31. Theresa says:

(geeking out madrigal style)

Thou singst alone sitting by night!
    Tu-who
    Tu-whit tu-who tu-whit tu-who!
    (etc. etc.)

Always love that one. Now let’s do “Weep O mine eyes and see snot.” ;)

32. aDORabuhls!

And Hon Glad, best capsh evar.

33. Poohbear says:

jabbo : LOLLLLL!!!!

Theresa : te-whit-te-who indeed! I didn’t want to quote all the words to the madrigal, as they refer to rodent control towards the end, and given the current hushed circumstances elsewhere on CO… :(

34. punkinberry says:

Aww, so cute! I wonder if I could snorgle the other ear?

35. Winni-Pig says:

Ahh, makes me remember when my little budgie Beeko used to nuzzle in my ears….(ouch! stop biting! I am not another budgie!!!!!)

36. How beautiful.

37. Aww, fluffy feather snorgles!

38. chanpon says:

Owls have always been my favorite birds, and one of my favorite animals since I was kid. This picture just reminds me how much I still really want one as a pet (talons tearing into flesh and all…). And yes, RLY.

39. Cuuuute <3
    I love owls!

40. ButtaRumCake says:

LOL @ Tee-J’s PATB reference. I lof those mice!!!!

41. Theresa–

He watching over Israel slumber snot.

42. Theresa says:

BWAHAHAHAHA! snort

“Her judgment was a robe and a diaphragm, oops a diadem”

43. Hon Glad FTW!!!

All I had was a lame Harry Potter/Hedwig joke.

Gimme a minute and I’ll make a joke about these two being the offspring of X the Owl and Henrietta Pussycat.

44. ORLY?

NORLY!

ORLY? NOWAI!!!

YAWAI!

45. caitlin says:

Awwww! I lof their little squinty happy-eyes :D

46. This post is exactly why I love Cute Overload. Thanks Meg!

47. binky-mama says:

I NEED to know what kind of eyeliner these owlets use.

48. ~*Who* stole my heart away~:D

49. Katrina says:

Theresa- P.D.Q.Bach reference?
    Excellent.

My Bonnie Lass, She Smelleth…

50. Theresa says:

Katrina, no, but LOVE PDQ. Used to go to the concert every Christmas at Carnegie, and hiss the stage manager. ;)

“Please, kind sir, that portrait I see . . .” ;)

51. awww fricking cute lovebud owls!

52. littleturkeylegsmom says:

Awwww, Owl was my first word, so I squealed aloud when I saw this pair! I wrapped my arms around my husband, declared “That’s how much I love YOU” and now the darling pair are our wallpaper.

53. Guys, these owls are actually *called* “Little Owls.” That’s the name of the species!! Can you STAND it???

54. binky-mama says:

Theresa- Um, no I can’t. Stand it that is.

55. Most lovely.

56. Katrina says:

Theresa- You live in Hoople?
    Cooool.

57. Theresa says:

Katrina-Yes, right across from the State Reformatory for Young Hussies and Trollops. ;)

58. AAAAAACK….. The extreme cuteness is making me want to do violent things!!! It’s so cute I can’t handle it!!!

59. Thanks for the links, Eize and Theresa!

And LisaL – I know how you feel hun, but please pull it together, ok? ;D

60. hon glad says:

Said the Cat to the Owl you elegant fowl how charmingly sweet you sing,
    Oh let us get married to long have we tarried
    but what shall we do for a ring.
    Theresa: The State Refomatory for Young Hussies and Trollops, Tee Hee, Hee.

61. Hon Glad, you’re crackling today. Awesome.

62. Woooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Owls are fricking cute! I am SO glad someone else has recognized that owls are the most gorgeous baby animals on the planet! (if not most, up there with kittehs and puppehs)