C.O. Travel Tips!

When traveling in the north of France, be sure to visit the village of Bain de Puce, home to the Monks of the Order of St. Dogustine. Members of The Order, which is world-renowned for producing the finest gourmet kibble, are sworn to a strict code of conduct, including no barking, no chasing cars, and not doing that thing with your leg.

Utbay atscay areyay illstay airfay amegay

Did you bring back some kibble, Joanna M.?

[This hoopy frood clearly knows where his towel is. - Ed.]

Comments

1. Too cute!!!

2. “We do,
    “We do,
    “We dooooooooo!”

3. (…please, clean up after your pets)

4. Khadija says:

hahaha i have a pic of my husband looking exactly like this! hahaa

5. Teho, but do they make Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters at that monastery?

[Are you kidding? Who do you think *invented* them? - Ed.]

6. Khadija — with or without the towel?

7. …on second thought, don’t answer that

8. hon glad says:

Mea culpa
    Mea maxima culpa.

9. Tallian says:

Pie Iesu Domine
    [whack]
    Dona Eis Requiem
    [whack]

10. LOL and amen, Tallian.
    [whack]

11. pup is ready for anything.

12. Beware the Dreaded Batter Pudding Hurler of Bexhill-on-Sea.

13. If you strike me down, I will come back stronger than you can imagine! said Puppi Wan Kanobi

14. temperance says:

but do they do any of that fancy monk chanting stuff?

i would TOTALLY make the trek to France to hear that…

15. leeleemarie says:

Babushka
    Babushka
    Babushka
    Babushka
    Babushka
    !!!

16. 42.

17. I’m not dead!

18. Seven Paws says:

Bain de Puce….ROFLOL

19. Meg, you got the order wrong. This is clearly the famous Dominicanine friar, St. Martin el Perro.

20. Meg? “Meg” got the order wrong??

21. Not that Meg, the other Meg. ;-)

22. touché

23. thank goodness puppy mcpuppersons is not panicking.

24. Katrina says:

Nice Monty Python ref there, very nice (whack!)

Now I have it in my head — earworm! (whack!)

25. By the way, Joye, “Dominicanine” is inspired.

26. Katrina, you just need to keep on whacking until you dislodge it.
    Perseverance! Excelsior! Whacks on! Whacks off!

27. Actually, Dominicans have their latin nickname as “Domini Canes” = Hounds of God. So Dominicanine isn’t far off the mark.

28. Holy dogs. Of *course* they are.

29. Khadija says:

haha Theo you’re fit for fun today ey?

30. It’s Fake Friday for me, Khadija. Woo hoo! I’m going SAILING!
    Our skipper will be Lief Erickson. I $#!% thee not.

31. Theo! My little Chewie is a member of the same order. When oh when will he take his vow of barklence?

32. That’s a question that only Chewie can answer, DLC.
    Provided, of course, he hasn’t *already* taken it.

33. Katrina says:

I have a headache.

Have fun sailing, and wear your swimmies, Theo.
    (whack!)

ooooooooohhhhhhhhhh.

34. Khadija says:

Hold on to your water wings Theo! Have fun!!!

35. Tallian says:

Katrina – sorry about that!
    [whack]
    Would feasting upon breakfast cereals help?
    [whack]

36. If NTMTOM was REALLY cool, he would have made a reference to Umberto Eco’s “The Name of the Rose.

But this is funny, I guess.

37. marie_n says:

(teho said “whacks off!”)

i love how this little guy is smiling. loves the towel. get thee to a nunnery!

p.s. it’s merely a flesh wound.

38. B-Serv, didn’t Sean Connery and Christian Slater have something to do with that?

39. All my brothers were educated at a St. Dogustine school. I attended the Convent of Our Lady of the Holy Pomeranian. I still have the little plaid skirt.

40. Decca — matching collar?

41. If his eyes were a bit googlier, I’d say it’s Marty Feldman in Young Frankenschtein.

Loving all the references here this morning!

42. Katrina says:

I got nothing (yet), but I am having sooo much fun reading the comments today!

43. These are not the ‘droids you’re looking for.

[...waves paw...]

44. ThreeCatNight says:

…”and please forgive me my trespasses in my brother monk’s food, and allow me to hold my water as I pass by the holy font, and never to do anything inappropriate to anyone’s leg ever again…
    Amen.”

45. Why is there some other guy posting pics? How do you get that job? HUH?

Not that I can type witty repar… uhhhh witty repartay! Yes! FTW!

I used to be a hoopy frood, until this robot came along and told me that my life was meaningless, right before he kicked me in the shin…

46. you know – there must be a ton of 40 year olds posting on CO… or just some really cool folks

47. marie_n says:

-not 40 something, just completely awesome.

48. I don’t comment ’round these here parts much any more, but I still visit several times a day. I just wanted to say how glad I am that NTMTOM has finally started doing posts, too (I only noticed his name recently – I hope I’m not too delayed in my gratitude). Yay for NTMTOM!

[You're only a day or two "late". Some folks won't notice for months, mark my words. Yay Arbed! - Ed.]

49. Poor doggie threw himself at the ground, but unfortunately didn’t miss.

50. WOW! Quotes from H2G2 AND the Goon Show! I love this crowd!

51. Excellent – it was a few days ago that I actually noticed so I feel right some proud of myself now!

52. Maybe puppy/hoopy frood just had a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster, and his towel is eliminating hangover?

PS – I’m 19 and I get the HHGG jokes – not just for the 40+ crowd! :)

53. Plausible… I think I might see a hint of bloodshot eye, there…

54. Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings says:

This picture is so cute, I* have written a poem about it:

The dead swans lay in the stagnant pool.
    They lay. They rotted. They turned around occasionally.
    Bits of flesh dropped off them from time to time, and sank into the pool’s mire.
    They also smelt a great deal.

*disclaimer: I am not who I claim to be, nor have I actually written this poem. Really, I just wanted to get in on the HHGG refs…. ’cause, fun!

p.s. I get all these fun refs, but I am, in fact, nearly 40. However, I am firmly of the belief that age does not necessarily have any bearing on one’s relative awesomeness.

p.p.s. all the refs except for “we do…” help me Theo! I can hear it in my head, but can’t quite place it…

55. Hehe. Think “Stonecutters”, Ms. Millstone. D’oh!

56. dogsrulecatsdrool says:

OMG THE PIG LATIN HOVERTEXT – LOL!!!!!!!!!

57. [Aside to Theo] Shut-uuuuuuup . . . !

58. Q: What’s the Holy Spirit’s phone number?

A: Et cum Spiritu-2-0.

Har! “Dominus Nabisco!”

59. Kris– “You take the blond, and I’ll take the one in the toiban!”

60. PS Does he come from Lake Titicaca? Are you threatening him?

(the more the merrier, I figure)

61. never travel without a towel…wise pup!

62. AuntieMame says:

Finally! Being 40+ is actually cool!

Oh freddled gruntbuggling,
    Thy nacturations are to me
    As plurdled grabbleblotchits
    On a lurgid bee.
    Groop, I implore thee, my footing turlingdromes
    And hooptiously drangle me
    With crinkly binglewurgles,
    For otherwise, I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon,
    See if I don’t!

63. Yeah, I’m another in the crowd that are under 40 but able to quote passages from memory, thank you very much. And I inherited that obsession from my older brother, who’s still got several years to go til the big 4-0.

64. I don’t get it – what’s uncool about being 40?

Nevermind. Cute doggeh!

65. There’s a frood who really knows where his towel is!

66. Puppeh is assigned to St. Looney-Up the Cream Bun and Jam-

67. Am lurving the HHGTTG quotes here! I feel i am among kindred souls.

68. Katrina says:

Listen up-
    There is a perfectly good reason that we should NOT be reading Vogon poetry.
    Now, I have spoken, “Oh, the Humanity- the Vogonity”…

69. Katrina says:

Good Lord, another headache coming on… no more whacking, either, sheesh…

70. Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings says:

Of course! …D’oh indeed.

71. marsheeeee says:

Hey, I’m 57-going-on-58 and I understood every single reference. This is so cool. I feel so with-it. My 87-year-old mom has an “I’m not Dead yet” t-shirt from Spamalot. She lives in a retirement home and actually wears it on occasion.

72. Not saying there’s anything uncool about being over 40 – just that the Hitchhiker’s Guide is not as popular as it used to be. Sadly. Kids these days, they don’t know what they’re missing.

73. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

(I seriously love you people.)

74. Katrina says:

Now, say “Thank you” to Limegirl, she just gave us a very nice compliment.

Thank you, Limegirl, it is reciprocated, I’m sure.

75. FWIW, I read everything I could find by Douglas Adams before I was out of high school. Which was eight years ago.