Know Your Exotic Sleep Disorders!

Although widely believed to be purely physiological in nature, researchers now think that there may be a psychological element to the extremely rare condition of decanarcolepsy, the sudden tendency to fall asleep when confronted with today’s date.

ZZZ ZZ, ZZZZ

Our thanks to C.O. research associate Miranda H. for her important contri … cont-trib … *ZZZZZZZZZ*

Comments

1. man, don’t i wish i could be curled up next to that puppy all sound asleep…would make my day SO much better

2. Barkolepsy!

3. hon glad says:

Pupolepsy.

4. 260Oakley says:

I officially declare today HonkShuesday. Have completed my duties for the day, I will now proceed to flop down in the grass next to the pupster.

5. So is this a LOLcap, then, on Cute Overload no less? Or not? I’m confused. Somebody think for me.

6. OMG, Other Mike, you’ve created a Googlewhack!
    (sorta counts, dunnit?)

7. I read the title as “Exotic Sheep Disorders”.

I need help. x.x

8. KailisnRileysMom says:

Love Papillon puppies!!

9. Cute little sleeping puppy, posted by neither Meg nor Theo. How confusing!

10. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Theo, I searched Google on “decanarcolepsy” when I was writing this, just to be sure it wasn’t a real word. I got zero results at the time.

[Well, it works *now*. I think that makes you definitively The Source... - Ed.]

11. chanpon says:

Puppy, meet soft gras…zzzzzz.

12. kultgirl says:

The smell of fresh grass commingled with the smell of fresh pup. OMG… how will I get through the day???

13. elliottsmommy says:

This is Miranda and the baby is my best friend Laura’s new puppy. Hims name is Tucker. Yes, as in Tuckered Out – ba-ZING! he’s only about 2 lbs currently, and very bad so far, which makes him all the more cute. thank you for posting Tucker!! :)

14. katerpie says:

I have the sudden tendency to fall asleep on days I am at work. ZZZzzzzZz

15. k. o'dee says:

Normally I’m a big, clumsy mutt kinda girl, but man, there is just something about a papillon. Loves dem!

16. Mary (the first) says:

COunt me among those who would happily flop right down next to the pupster for a snooze.. if it were only possible.

17. @Clare, hehe don’t worry I read ‘Exotic Sheep Disorders’ too!

18. :: picking nits with NTMTOM, my new nemesis ::

Do you mean “today’s date” like the date supered on the digital photo, or “today’s date” as in June 17, birthday of actor Thomas Haden Church? Is that pronounced “DEE-kuh-narcolepsy” or “DEH-kuh-narcolepsy,” and why the “deca”-prefix? Why isn’t it just “puppy narcolepsy on May morn?” See, I told you the first one was a fluke.

Keep trying, meat. You gotta put together at least 1000 good at-bats before we consider you worthy of the majors.

19. this reminds me too much of my own puppy: http://done-na.livejournal.com/73169.html

although the term decanarcolepsy makes me think of 10 narcoleptics.

20. Barbara says:

I don’t know what I enjoy the most here – the photos or the clever commentary about each photo. Makes me giggle. Which is good. Thank you for this website!

21. Awww…the little fellow looks like one of the puppies I saw in the park on the way home yesterday! Only that puppy was far more interested in the smell of the garbage bin than sleeping.

(I’m not necessarily a dog person, but I do enjoy cutting through the park and watching all the variety of dogs playing)

22. Catsquatch says:

“the sudden tendency to fall asleep when confronted with today’s date.”

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Aw man! Yur KILLIN me here!

23. burabura says:

looks dead

24. Monique says:

Yay! Another Papillon! But I’m not a fan of making fun of health conditions. I actually came on here to cheer up after getting some bad news about a relative and the joking reference to brain disorders kinda falls flat when someone you love is in the hospital. :-( Keep up the Papliion photos please!

25. Katrina says:

Dear Monique-I’m sorry for your bad news. I hope you can still find some cute here.
    Bertha’sperson, now, now, here is a butterscotch pa-sickie on a stick, NOTM has done a very nice job, and Mike dear, you just go ahead with your postings, I’m sure Bertha’sperson is sorry for his outburst, aren’t you Bertha’sperson? I’m sure Bertha will be very proud of you and give you snorgles…
    Sheesh!

26. Katrina says:

My God, I’m channeling June Cleaver! TOO much CO!

27. Theresa says:

That’s a lovely housecoat you have on today, Mrs. Katrina.

28. Well thank you, Dear. Please go tell your mother that those cookies were just great, with my Vermouth.

29. Good times!

30. snorglepup says:

I think I need a nap…

31. Has anyone ever seen the videos of narcoleptic goats? Funniest videos I’ve ever seen…

32. Totalee Puppy says:

Enjoying these comments-laughs help me forget about
    the day!
    MONIQUE–Sorry that someone
    you love is in the hospital–it’s a lot of stress, and we hope some of the cute and lighter
    comments will help you relax when you can. Please forgive the occasional reference that hits too close to home–no harm was
    intended. Thanks for your
    honesty with us.

33. Oh no, I have… it… too…

*headdesk*

*ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ*

34. jjjdddlll says:

I don’t get it.

35. jjjdddlll says:

Don’t be so elitist, folks. It’s not becoming.

36. JDL repeating —
    1) What’s not to get?
    2) What?

37. jjjdddlll says:

What’s deca-narcolepsy got to do with the date? I assume that’s some kind of play on words. (see berthservant above).
    I like that – jdl repeating – ha