Caturday Xtreme Sleepover

It’s Caturday, Baby…

Caturdaysleepover

…and I’ll sleep with FIFTY CHICKENS IF I WANT!

Caturday

OMG, the HORROR, Tami S.!

Comments

1. Nice feather bed! [bleen?]

2. cute!

3. That is funny. If he/she gets hungry I guess she has a snack readily available. Ha, I should have said if she/he gets “peckish” instead of hungry….

4. rvnesque says:

I tawt I taw a putty tat!

5. cheesybird says:

GET OUT!

(And I meant that in a Buffy meeting Dracula way, not an Amityville Horror way.)

6. It could hold eight kids, and four hound dogs, and a piggie we stole from the shed,

We didn’t get much sleep but we had a lot of fun on Grandma’s Feather Bed.

7. CHICKEN PEELOW!!!

8. Cheesybird – yay for the Buffy reference!! *throws scooby snacks*

9. at first I was all…why is this cute?! I can’t see why this is cute the XCU showed me the kitty with the chickies!!

10. cheesybird says:

Yay, Lizzy! I knew there had to be more of us around here! Scoobies of the world, unite! :)

11. cheesybird says:

12. A Hostage!!! You Will never see the cat again unless we get all our Demands met!!!!

13. I would give my right arm to sleep in a bed covered with chickens. Chickens are great.

14. Carolina2 says:

OMG!! That one chicken on the right is using him for a chair!! This is too cute. I was going to say it looked like they laid him, but people would take that the wrong way, yes I know how your minds work around here…oh, I said it anyway.

15. Khadija says:

nice livingroom

16. CHICKNS!

17. At first I thought, ‘what are they eating?’…then in the next shot I saw the kitty! I nearly snorked up my drink with laughter!
    what’s he doing in there? warmies? Chicken Idol? I need to know!

18. joliesmom says:

“Chester’s dream of diving into a pile of chicken nuggets didn’t quite turn out like he hoped.”

19. It makes one understand why barncats love their jobs. She/he looks so contented, surrounded by friends.

20. Does anybody remember the old Warner Bros. cartoon of the henhouse where there’s a “Frank Sinatra” rooster singing and all the Hens are in bobby-socks and saddle shoes, fainting and saying “Oh Frankie!”???

That’s what this reminds me of……

21. Gail, of course! There was also a little Bing Crosby rooster. ;)

Those guys in Termite Terrace always had their fingers on the pulse. ;)

22. PS, A cyber-friend recently rescued a pair of former battery hens. One of her cats would spend all his time with them if he could. He’s utterly fascinated with them, and not in a “Hey, look, it’s prey!” way, oddly enough.

23. Cheesybird, it was also often shouted by Elaine on Seinfeld (while shoving someone across the room).

24. Michelle says:

hahahaha! Barn cats are so…

umm… nondiscriminatory

when it comes to choosing warm bedfellows.

25. Hon Glad says:

Looks like Chickens ambushed the Cat.

26. chanpon says:

Wow, kudos to Kitty! As someone who’s all too familiar with the smell of live poultry, I don’t know how he stands the stench.

27. LOL!

28. turbofloof says:

Must applaud the hovertext… I feel like your inner smartass wanted to go cruder, but held back…

29. Does anybody remember the old Warner Bros. cartoon of the henhouse where there’s a “Frank Sinatra” rooster singing and all the Hens are in bobby-socks and saddle shoes, fainting and saying “Oh Frankie!”???

Swooner Crooner (1944, Frank Tashlin):

(This copy doesn’t have Al Jolson cut out of it.)

30. I wonder why the italic tag didn’t take. Huh.

31. Catsquatch says:

I just LAUGHED MY BUTT OFF!

At the comments!

And Berthaservant, thats the same song I thought of too ;)

Oh, and those wondering why the cat is there, chickens, and birds in general, run warmer than humans, so its like having his own personal heated blanket.

32. Brandi — TypePad comments are plaintext-only. You can paste URLs in, though, without any weird “BBcode” formatting, as long as you leave a little whitespace at the end. For example: http://teho.vox.com/ (simple copy-and-paste from my browser’s address bar)

33. @Brandi: Thanks for posting the link!! Sure enjoyed watching that!

@Theresa: I thought Der Bingle was in it, too…but I wasn’t 100% sure! Those cartoons are the best!!!

34. marie_n says:

maybe the chickles are packed in so tightly to the kitty so that the kitty has absolutely no way of freaking out. it’s total submersion into something the kitty fears/loves, but can’t move because there’s no room, so it’s submitting to the hens. these cluckers have been watching dog whisperer.

35. Hey, Kitty, know what?

CHICKEN BUTT!!!

36. why is this insanity not pulling in more comments???
    I’m blown away!

37. The kitty says: “I’m not a scaredy cat. I’m just a little chicken!” *makes a rimshot noise* as all his barnyard peeps roll their eyes.

38. it’s like in Zelda, when you attack a Cuckoo and all of the Cuckoos in the world seek revenge.

QUICK, KITTY! RUN INTO A BUILDING, IT’S THE ONLY WAY!

39. zerosmom says:

LOL!!! Cats’n’????

40. What in the world? I hope that cat got some sleep that night :-)

41. Eggggcelent!
    Looks warm, smells awful!

42. “I’ll sleep with fifty chickens if I want to!” Sounds like Gonzo from the Muppet Show.

When I was a kid we had a pet hen – the three cats were totally intimidated by her.

43. Kaitou Juliet says:

This makes me think of a comment in one of James Herriot’s books–something along the lines of, “If you want to find the warmest place in a barn, look for the cats.”

44. I laughed so hard at the hovertext that my boss asked if I needed a moment (hes a new guy, most of the others know that means I’m on C.O.)

45. OMGOMGOMG! ZE CUTE!

Just make sure you don´t get pecked to death in case you make one wrong move, kitty! ;O

46. haha death by chickens!!! way to go