An Eye for Annai

The adventures of Annai, a cartoon creature looking for… an eye. Will he ever find it!?

Sender-Inner sasha V. thinks this one is even better than the kiwi video. I’m inclined to agree! [say in English accent]

Comments

1. Awww, I didn’t see that ending coming. So cute! I like Annai!!

2. Aw, love that they used “Freire Jacques” for his theme, and the band played “Jeepers Creepers (where did you get those eyes)”

So cute and well done

3. That was the best. :D (and it didn’t make me bawl like the kiwi did)

4. awww that’s so cute!! looking for an eye and finding true love. My better half always says “tu es mes yeux”.

5. Robert M. says:

For some reason, all it shows in the embedded YouTube window is “Video no longer available…” Luckily, it is mirrored several times:

6. Thank you for the link, Robert M. I received the same “Video no longer available” message.

Too cute. Do they say “eye love you” to each other?

7. Every mountain should have a ragtime band and balloons on top!

8. what happened? video no longer available?

9. Hon Glad says:

Delightfully simple.

10. lymerae says:

DC, you stole what I was gonna say!

“Jeepers creepers, where’d you get them peepers… jeepers creepers, where’d you get them eyes!”

Awww.

11. Jimbeaux says:

I yay’d!

That’s really all I came to say.

12. mejezabel says:

I want an eye tree!

13. mejezabel says:

and a star on my butt!

14. chanpon says:

So adorable! I need a happy, silly smile like his when I find something good.

15. I remember this video! A graduating student from Sheridan made it right when I was starting animation. Very popular there!

16. Annie J says:

Ahaha how cute! I love how he smiled every time he found something to be his other eye! XD And when he took the balloon and floated off…sad but cute!

17. Sometimes I forget that my cat, Jack only has one eye. As soon as he heard the music, he jumped up by me and was intently watching the video with his one eye. I think my kitty could really relate to plight of annai.

18. Eye loved this!

Smooch,
    The Tart
    ; *

19. Meg must have just discovered Channel Frederator. :)

20. Evocative of Shel Silverstein’s “The Missing Piece,” but more pointed (and less repetitive). Also proves that 1) recorder lessons are not a waste of time and 2) peacocks are cruel bastards.

I can’t wait to see the sequel, “A Tooth for Atuth.”

Happy day, all. Here’s hoping you find a little something you need. :-)

21. the end made me cry. happy ending, but very moving.
    cute and sad?

22. …aaaaand Tetris saves the day!

23. cheesybird says:

LOL@ Theo!

These poignant leettle cartoons are keeeeeling me, I tells ya!

24. VentureSister says:

I was sure he was going to find a girl… creature with one eye also and realize it was okay to have just one eye. But this ending was adorable as well. It probably only would have ended that way if the video started with people mocking him for having one eye. This is my new fav background music.

25. The octopus is Darth Vader…?

26. I *KNEW* it!

27. That was very cute, except as they walked off into the sunset, Annai was on the wrong side of the blue creature!

28. yaya, you are right!

Okay, the music irritated me, but it was kind of cute/funny/sad. I liked the starfish on his/her butt when she came out of the ocean.

29. LOVE the Imperial March shout out… really an exceptional piece!

30. I love it! Love it love it!

31. Wait… recorders can play actual music, and not just high pitched noise? Wow!

Very cute!

32. This is the cutest thing ever. The video is very beautifully done; I love it!

I do wish that at the end, when Annai found his other half, they’d each said “eye!” to wrap up the “eye?” throughout the piece.

33. EYE!!!!!

34. pc loadletter says:

It was weird that the peacocks sounded like loons. Maybe they’ve been studying foreign language.

[Well, two loons and one asthmatic goose... - Ed.]

35. Very cute video.. but the LOUD annoying recorder throughout most of it was giving me a headache.
    The animation is really cute though.
    I don’t think it’s better than Kiwi, but at least this one has a happier ending :P heh

36. I don’t know CO… not the best post you’ve ever done…

37. kel13123 says:

omg! looove eet!! i want to find my eye buddy and live happily ever after too… and lol at berthaservant…peacocks are cruel bastards ;)

38. gillian says:

very cute.

But the high-pitched recorder music made me want to cut my ears off.

39. lol! hilarious! he looks like a popsicle!

40. TOTALLY WIN.

Love, love, love this animation.

41. This was a lot better than the kiwi one – that kiwi one had me depressed for hours!

42. Beautiful! I also noticed the Imperial March shout out, and laughed. I smiled when s/he asked, eye? but kinda laughed and went aww when each one got taken away. When I saw the other half peeking over, I thought, “Can you spare an extra eye?” ^-^

43. kumquat says:

That was so much cute nearly wrecked by so much awful recorder playing. :(

44. dittos on the awful music

it screams “three channels and nothing on” to me

45. Kumquat and Blair — I think it sounds more like “Please bear with me, I’m an animator, not a musician.” I don’t listen to Bob Dylan because of his lilting croon, either.

46. Brak_Silverbone says:

Not only did he find his eye, he found a friend as well. Good job, Annai!

47. cute, but UGH the third note in the scale is so flat, I can’t continue

48. asdf — I feel your pain. There’s always “mute”.

49. oh my goodness! I LOVE it! Yippee to the Sheridan students students who created it! : D

50. This film was made by two guys in sheridan college as their graduate film, one year ahead of me.

Everyone at school loved this film too!

51. Venturesister says he was looking for a girl….
    come peoples, Annai is obvy a GIRL -she has rounded edges. Her 3 eyed love is a boy with squared edges.
    obviously!
    andyes, I did reach for a tissue at the end. wow.

52. Pandora says:

I went to school with the lad who made that film. It was everyone’s favourite.

53. theyre in larrve

54. ADifferentPaula says:

I’m with VentureSister. Why couldn’t Annai be happy with a single eye? Why must two be the norm? grumble…

55. re: “Why couldn’t Annai be happy with a single eye?”

1) depth perception needed for ping pong, club dancing, feeding self with fork, bungee jumping
    2) critical vulnerability to ancient Greek adventurers

56. I LURVE IT!!!
    See, there is somebody for everybody!

57. Also love the Popeye (?) theme for the submarine.