Could you remove your buttocks from my face?

Pup #1: I’d appreciate it if you removed your ‘tocks from my cheek area.
Pup #2: Those aren’t pillows!
Pup #3: My neck is stuck in a crick now, thanks a WHOLE lot
Pup #4: I look like I have two tails
Pup #5: WAIT THERE’S A FIFTH PUP!?

Redonk

Margie, Gretel, Geni and Helen L., good luck with that napping posishe.

Comments

1. Okay, I got nuthin’. This great opportunity and nuthin’!

2. There isn’t a fifth one under there is there???

3. PUPPEH PYEL!!!

4. [ahem]

Erm. Sorry about that. “Puppy pile” is what I meant to say.

5. It’s like that old schoolyard game where you have to get your hand on top to win.

And of course, no matter how uncomfortable, NO one is gonna give up that chair. Uh-uh!

Perfecto capshuny as usual.

6. i do not see a fifth, though it is not easy to sort out whose behind goes with whose frohind

i think they look comftabuhls despite the snoring and the cheek-to-cheekiness of it

7. Meg, are you teasin us??? There’s no fifth puppeh there…
    0.o

8. Nooooo, only four! That white bottom all the way on the left belong to the bugger with his cheek on pup #2, and see that brindle leg hanging over the white bottom? belongs to the pup with his head hanging over the arm of the chair! How did this happen anyways?! Cute whippets (too small to be greyhounds?) : D

9. Michelle says:

When a problem comes along, you must whippet.

[Quote another earworm song, just a snippet… – Ed.]

10. Aww…greyhound pile! They are so sweet natured and silky.

11. Whippet, whippet good…

12. hon glad says:

Melange of mutts.

13. April S. says:

those puppies need more leg room!

14. Phew!

I thought I was going crazy, because no matter how many times I counted, I still only got 4 pups.

At least if I am going crazy, I’m in good company :)

15. Theresa says:

Iggies? Or whippets? And who belongs to which sets of tocks?

16. Aw, poor puppehs – they are so thin and hairless, they HAVE to sleep in a pile to stay warm.

17. Natalie says:

I would have liked to see the progression of that stack. Did one guy get up there and slowly the others? Or did they all jump up there at once and fall where they may, comfort be damned?

18. hey, there ain’t 5 pups there!!

19. Legotech says:

Ok, here’s how it went…the guy in the back with the ‘tocks in his face was first…then the guy with his head hanging over, then the guy in front curled up in a ball and the guy with his head hanging over squirmed his back end out from under and put his leg over the ball of dog…and then the guy on top just climbed up and went to sleep.

Thats how I see it anyway :)

20. BeanSidhe says:

All they need are round red plastic conical hats and lil pupper-sized yellow hazmat suits. :^)

21. Oh! They’re all elbows and ankles. Poor puppehs. Nobody loves them enough to cover them with an imported alpaca blankie.

22. ThreeCatNight says:

“Hey, get your butt outta my face! This isn’t the breath of spring, you know?!”
    “Hey, get your face away from my butt. That’s a little too close and personal!”
    “Guys, I’m all scrunched up on top here. Could I like just move my head a little more to the right please?”
    “Oh, God. I’ve got THREE on them leaning on my back, yet. I give up. I just give up!”

23. OMG!!!GREYHOUNDS!!!1!!!!!!!!

I’ve always wanted to have a pile of them and there they are. Sigh. If that was only my chair.

24. This picture made me laugh and cry. I miss my greyhound, Colby, like there is no tomorrow. I had to put her down after 14 years of friendship. She used to lay on top of me like that when we watched Days of Our Lives.

25. Now I’ve seen everything – PUPPY tiger stripes?! Obviously they’re trying to come over to the feline side of qte.

26. This is more mind boggling than a M. C. Escher drawing.

27. Oy. There’s just 4 puppehs.

Move over, mutts.

[squeezes into sofa]

PS – I can’t get over the stripes. They’re like thylacines! (Australia’s extinct “tiger wolf”)

28. brownamazon says:

We have here an advanced synchronized sighthound sleeping team, demonstrating the many preferred positions of members of the greyhound/whippet family. These include the curled-up-like-a-turban pose, and the fainting couch pose. Missing is the advanced level of difficulty four feet in the air, dead cockroach pose.

29. Thanks, everyone, for reminding me of my embarrassing past–I had that song on a 45!!1!!111!

And what do you mean, those aren’t pillows? Butts make the BEST pillows.

30. iloveleeks says:

Planes, Trains and Automobiles ref FTW! “Where’s your other hand?”

31. @brownamazon: “dead cockroach pose”—-LOL!!!

I’d gladly buy a chair to have a lovely Puppeh Pile like that to use it!!!

32. Def whippets – too small to be greyhounds and IGs don’t come in brindle.

33. Khadija says:

nice chair overthrow

34. Y’know, naked twister always SOUNDS like fun, but then everybody kind of passes out on top of each other….

35. Sharrona says:

naked twister!!!! bwhaaaahaaa!
    looks like a puppy nap nosh pit. did that make any sense? it did in my head.

36. Theresa says:

BWAAAAH!

37. Lioness says:

A whole pile of whippets!!! Wow, can I have that on a slice of strawberry pie?

38. Stressfactor says:

[In traffic announcer voice] There is a four pup pile-up on the leather chair so if you’re heading in that direction you might want to consider an alternate destination.

39. Chocolate Chipped, you took the words right out of my mouth. I took one look at that pile-up and said, “Ooooh! Escher puppies!”

40. Nice, JField!
    “Awww, look at those tessellated tuckuses, all tuckered out…”

41. Yertle?

42. You know what would be nice, really nice? If somebody would just kindly scooch the chair a little further into the sunbeam. Is that too much to ask?

43. chanpon says:

Cerberus is now growing a head on its butt.

44. definitely no fifth puppy there.

45. That must be the comfiest chair evar.

46. VogerLuver says:

Oh, just look at those whippets!! They look so comfortable… yet not comfortable at all…

47. Before I moved to Burmese cats I had 4 Whippets over the years. They are 90% cat anyway. God love them!

Dead cockroach pose… oh that was a great one! They do that when they get too hot.

48. AuntieMame says:

I wanna see what happens to the pile when one ‘em lets one rip!

49. Gillian says:

Thank you!!!

I love love love love love the greyhound/whippet/iggie family.

The more the merrier, bring em on.

love love love.

50. Wad o’ Whippets!

51. Heard they were couch potatoes, but this is silly!!

52. What beeeoootiful babies… They look so sweet… want to nuzzle…

53. PInk elephant says:

one word: CUTIES

54. purrculier says:

Yertle? Yahaa-hee-hee-hoo-hoo *giggle* *snort* but these guys don’t look like they ever had the energy for world domination.

55. greytgreys says:

I used to have a greyhound… he had bone cancer :(

Anyways….

WHATACUTELITTLEPILEOFGREYSSSSS!!!!!
    They are devastatingly irrisistable, you know. DEVASTATINGLY. Whole countries bow to their immaculate charm and sweetness.

Plus they have silky little ears that fold back!!! What more could you want?!

56. Totalee Puppy says:

TAYLOR…How you must miss
    your greyhound after 14
    precious years together.
    I’m sorry about your loss.
    STRESSFACTOR–LOL! for “four pup pile-up”…
    GREYTGREYS…I’m sorry to hear that your greyhound
    had bone cancer. Hope memories and pride help some…

57. whipsrus says:

The 5th puppeh is on the image on the pillow- duh!!!
    Cuteness!

58. Libbie M says:

They’re actually whippets. :) You can tell by their heads. Whippets are the cutest, snuggliest snugglers from Cute Mountain.

59. eruntale says:

whippets! love them!

60. Furbabies says:

The fifth pup took the picture!

61. @Stressfactor: :: guffaw ::

@Furbabies: I think the fifth pup took the *couch*

62. shannon says:

Just what I’ve always wanted: A pile of Greyhounds!