1982 Love Story

Writes Sender-Inner Heather F.: "Poppy the pup was a rescue dog from the RSPCA in England. The kitten is called Motley and also needed a home. It was a match made in heaven as Poppy had had puppies not long before we took her in and Motley was a permanent kitten his entire life. Poppy would feed Motley as well as putting up with all his games and more indignities than a dog should ever have to face from a fluff ball."

Ahn. [head tilt]

Unknown2

Heather and Brian F., This photo was taken the year "Let’s Get Physical" went to #1. How about that.

Comments

1. Marilyn says:

Oh my stars. How adorable is that?

2. that is absolutely adorable. an jus like Marc Anthony & Pussyfoot! So sweet. (melting)

3. 1982- the year of free interspecies snorgling and ugly couches!

4. Metz beat me to it.

I agree. SO Much like Marc Anthony & Pussyfoot.

5. weensicka says:

lurve, lurve, LURVE the look on the dog’s face.

I makes me wanna…I don’t know…I just wanna..

***thud***

[passes out from teh cute!]

6. Vintage Qte!

1982 was also the year that my beloved St. Louis Cardinals defeated the Brewers of Milwaukee (then an American League team) in the World Series. Kirsten Dunst was born, and Thelonius Monk and Ayn Rand died.

It was also the year I “became a man” (in the Jewish sense, at least, if I had actually had a bar mitzvah).

7. I was 8 and my parents had just bought me an Old English Sheepdog (which we only had for 6 months – 2nd and last dog we ever had!) and we named him Alfred Lord Tennyson.

These two are adorable!!!!!! I’m going to have to scan in some puppy pictures of Tennyson.

8. ThreeCatNight says:

Poppy and Motley:

“One picture says a thousand words.”

Some things are just meant to be, and isn’t it great?

9. (I fear the couch)

10. It IS pretty scary, Teho. Certainly no Blue Couch of Fabulousness…

11. That is one mischievous looking kitten! And I should know – I have two crazy marmies myself!

12. Isn’t this another a, er, kitteh growth?

13. meowandwoof says:

1982- My very first childhood cat (who was never named) died. I threw myself into disco and was a hit at my high school reunion. The furniture was ugly and so were the clothes.

14. Kiragirl says:

Love Story:
    Where can I begin?
    to tell the story of a love that shouldn’t be?
    A love between a pup and a kitteeeee?
    There goes my heeeeart, there goes my heeeeart!

15. Wrong decade, Kiragirl.
    ;)

16. AuntieMame says:

1982. The year before I graduated from High School. *sigh*

Poor Poppy! But I’m sure they both loved it. :)

17. The combination couch/wallpaper is uh, interesting. At least the carpet isn’t paisley or wildly patterned.

However, their choice in pets is first rate! Reminds me of “Beauty and the Beast” but that was a few years later.

18. chanpon says:

I see I’m not the only one thinking of Marc Anthony, and his little kitten on his back. =D

19. 1982? Don’t remember much about 1982, ‘cuz I was only a year old! Bwuahahahaha! ;)

(I know, some kid is going to come in here and say s/he wasn’t even born in the 80’s, and then it will be my turn to feel old)

20. fallenwiccan says:

taj, i wasn’t born then ;) my brother was born that year though, me? i was 1987 :P

very cute :D i like kitty/puppy snorgling

21. 1982- year i was born!

22. That little sweet kitty looks just like my little Ginger-Snap I adopted in Oct. She is the love of my life..

23. Sasha's mum says:

Ha ha, I think I had that same couch.

And how long d’ya think before that little tear in the seat cushion became a *big* tear in the seat cushion, thanks the ministrations of little ginger paws?

24. Theresa says:

1982– The Year of the Earworm!!

Top Five singles of the year:
    1. Eye of the Tiger
    2. Down Under
    3. I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll
    4. Come on Eileen
    5. Don’t You Want Me

25. Rachel Sweeden says:

The dog and cat are adorable.

26. What kind of doggy is this, anyone have a clue? She looks just like my puppy that came from the shelter, we’ve never been able to figure out quite WHAT she is! She’s the exact color, same face, same ears, and all the same white long feathery hair under the tail part!

27. Theresa says:

Berthaservant– Darrell Porter, Oz, Joaquin Andujar, Willie McGee, Lonnie Smith, Oberkfell, Hendrick– awesome team.

But best of all, they were nice enough to let us have Keith Hernandez. Keith is like a god who walks among us, here. ;)

28. woofysma says:

1982, eh? Year I met my second husband. I think it was ’82. I think it was the second husband. What’s the topic again? Oh yeah, beautiful dog, cute cat, double-ugly sofa.

29. Dawn Octopus says:

What cuties!

30. Raemie L. says:

Squee @ kitteh paw fist, doggeh’s “pony” tail, and the overall pile of Qte.

taj – Heh, I was born a couple years after.

31. ashagato says:

i was 13, and boy was i a looker. stylish, too ;)

“love means never having to say you’re sorry…”

32. I totally LOVE when dogs do that face! LOL! ;D

It’s such an “uh-oh” face. Classic.

33. Totalee Puppy says:

1982–Hear a lot about that year from human partner—Hit song “Let’s Get Physical”–hear everybody danced to that at the party after Mason’s Bar Mitzvah! Some parents are both inspiring AND fun!
    Love the picture of the dog and cat–They look so happy together–“Let’s Get
    Comfterbuls, comfterbuls…
    I wanna get comfterbuls…”

34. Katrina says:

ooh, the year I broke my neck! Actually severely dislocated two neck vertebrae and, without health insurance… well you get the idea. I got physical all right…I would have liked the pupster and pitten for company.
    Hey, at least the animals match the couch and the wallpaper! Nice job for that alone! Such sweet faces!

35. Hon Glad says:

Dogs all ‘Kids, what can you do with em’

36. bookmonstercats says:

Doggie is cute. I think she’s *just* a mongrel, but that’s the best kind (ducks), especially where bitches are concerned. Best pets evah.

37. Heather says:

That sofa was the height of fash in 1982! lol We also had an avocado bathroom suite in that house. We were soooo cool!!
    Poppy came from a shelter and was listed as a ‘Collie Cross’. She had the saddest eyes in the world and was a consummate thief. Memories, ahhhhhh!

38. Yitzysmommie says:

These two are adorabuhls! The cowshe, not so much.
    My daughter was 1 year old in 1982, and my son wasn’t even a gleam in our eyes yet…the son who is getting married in 13 days!!!!

39. 1982? Neither of my parents knew the other one existed.

I was born 3 years later.

Congrats on your son’s wedding, Yitzysmommie!

40. LoverOfTehCute says:

seriously.

41. Humorously!

42. That is VERY Cute!

43. Trudi HB says:

Poppy’s like “what do you mean there’s a kitten on my back?”