Launder-roo

Hmmm, let me think. What is the NEXT BEST THING to a warm powsche?

Warm laundry with Country Fresh scent that’s what.

Baby Kangaroo, originally uploaded by vapspwi.

Read this entire entry with an Australian accent I dare you, Lori W.

Comments

1. Hey Nawt Fair!! I left a basket of clean clothes on my bed this morning. Will there be a roo in mine when I get home? I think not! :-(

2. …honk-shu…

…dreaming of springtime fraishness…

…honk-shu…

3. ThreeCatNight says:

It’s fair dinkum says I when I find a baby joey in me bleedin’ laundry basket!

4. Metz, I’m with you. It’s totally nawt fair. And I applaud your bravery–if I left a basket of clothes anywhere, it would either be dumped over or dumped in. (This is how my cats express their rage.)

5. Anne Boleyn says:

debg, sounds like your kitties need some anger management classes. That’s pretty harsh.

6. There’s a kangaroo in me under-roos!

7. That sweater is SO his color! And I’m falling over ded from the qte of the little curled up paw w/ the sharp little nailsies!

8. D Bledwich says:

Meg, I teenk it could be a Wallaby? It’s awfully dark…

9. Is that a balnket over him or… *singger* a JUMPER?!?

10. catablob says:

Looks like a miniature donkey!
    Curled paw!
    GAAA.

11. hon glad says:

Really bonza photee.

12. milkfilledandroid says:

OMG that is sweet. I had no idea they had little talons ;-) such sweet little eyelashes too!

13. brinnann says:

Oh, Lurker, please tell me I didn’t just read what I think I read! *lol*

14. Rosie A. says:

Picture makes me sleepy, cuz the behbeh looks so cozy and warm and…. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz *gets fired for sleeping on keyboard*

15. That’s a roo mate!

16. Theresa says:

(Aussie tourguide voice)
    Aand heah’s the baby kengaroo? Known as a joey? This little bloke is born the size of a baked bean? And lives in Mum’s pouch til it’s the size of a Holden Commodore?

17. Theresa says:
  18. Anne Boleyn, so is the stench rising from my laundry basket! Actually, it’s just one cat, and he generally pees (which is even worse), and he’s leaving in early July. We’re storing him for friends.

19. metsakins says:

Metz – rest assured that one of your cats will have found a suitable spot in your laundry to groom itself, removing any chunks of fur, bugs and small bits of gravel and depositing it in appropriate places (hopefully dirtying the whole basket). If it is unsuccessful upon exciting the laundry basket it will “accidentally” dump the basket off the bed. You will be too busy to be thinking about a Joey.

20. But see, I was hoping the laundry fairy would come along, fold the laundry neatly, and put it away, leaving a sweet lil’ roo in its place.
    No such luck huh? Drat!

21. Mary (the first) says:

That doesn’t look like laundry to me, looks like they made the bebeh roo a bed out of the basket.. with pillow and blankie .. SO sweet!

22. eikoleigh says:

he’s so cute and looks so peaceful!

23. I love all things Australian…ok maybe not the funnel web spiders or poisonous snakes or portuguese man o’wars…but I digress… (in fact, rightthisminute, I’m reading In A Sunburned Country, which is a very funny travel guide to Australia)…AYNWAY, I think THIS might be the cutest thing I have EVER SEEN.
    They made the baby a basket bed and he is snoozing quite placidly in it. AWESOMENESS.

24. Wombats says:

So comfortabuls! **Looks for a basket to sleep in** ZZZZ ZZZZZ ZZZZZ

25. ‘e’s dreamin’ o’ the outbeck, boxin’ wif a dingo, and snorglin’ wif Oliviar Newton-John.

26. Martha in Washington says:

Metz-the Laundry Fairy never visits me either!

I love the way his little killer talons are ever so sweetly hanging on to the sunny yellow blanket (or is that a sweater?).

27. Khadija says:

and it made the jumper pattern all by itself with its own nails!

28. Did you know there is another pic in the photostream that includes the tailio ??? http://www.flickr.com/photos/vapspwi/2532685078/in/set-72157604627952626/

I was so lucky to get to befriend a joey at Cleland Animal Park in Adelaide. For all cuteologists this is a must-see location. There were these huge paddocks (like 4 or 5 acres) with wallabys and ‘roos hanging out. You could load your pockets with ‘roo food and go in to make friends. But it wasn’t a petting zoo – you had to sit quietly nearby for a while and approach slowly, really invest some time in making friends. but the reward was wallaby snuggles and joey lap-sitting. Just teh best. I took 17 rolls of film that day !

29. And here I thought I 2G memory card would be enough for my camera. Gonna have to buy at least another one if I’m going to AUS.

30. Theresa says:

AuntLisa, I had a veggie pie snatched out of my hands by a roovenile delinquent in the Grampians. This was about 20 years ago. Met a lot of cheeky roos, that trip. They stuck their heads in the car windows, like the bears at Yellowstone used to do.

31. Theresa says:

Kris, if you’re doing a Cute Tour of Australia, don’t forget the Little Penguins:

Cutest thing I’ve seen in my life.

32. Tailio picture is even better! Sunlight makes even sleepier… I think I need a NAP!!!

Those little penguins are ADORABLE!!! One day, I will get to Australia!!!!

33. Theresa says:

Kris, the mini-penguins are a little bigger than your hand. When I saw them, they had little baby penguins, and one parent would go out fishing all day, and come back at dusk. The nests are behind you, and you can hear the babies yelling. You watch the waves come in, and each wave deposits more tiny little penguins on the beach. They come running up the beach, and run right under the special viewing platform, and to their nests up the shore. They meet their mates, they both jump up and down and wave their flippers, and disappear into their burrows.

34. So not fair! All I have in my laundry basket is dirty undies!

35. ACK! The curled paw!!! The eyelashes!!!!!!! The basket, the beam of sunlight, the yellow knit! Ack! My eyes, my eyes!

Oops, there they go. Popped right out.

This just in: Ophthalmologists report doubled rate of emergency procedures since launch of CO website. Details at 11.

36. What kind of fabric softener do kangaroos use? Bounce, of course.

37. chanpon says:

Snuggles down under? Too cute! But ack, keep those nails, away from my sweaters.

38. Theresa says:

Reminded of favorite Far Side cartoon– a mob of jumping kangaroos, one snapping at another “JUST JUMP, you fool! You don’t have to say ‘Boing boing boing!’!!”

39. Totalee Puppy says:

I have the best time reading all your comments!
    I really HOL (Howl Out Loud) for:
    TW for “under-roos”…
    THERESA for “Aussie Tourguide”
    BERTHASERVANT for all about
    “the outbeck.”
    JENJEN for “Bounce”

40. Baby roos are actually cuter up close! Would love to hear those Austarlian accent impressions in real life, always fun to hear someone trying to talk like us.

41. SoCalSis says:

Alltogether now… “Tie me kangaroo down, boys, tie me kangaroo down…”

42. At least she didn’t sing Waltzing Matilda…

43. Theresa says:

The thing that always confoozled me about “Waltzing Matilda” is it isn’t a waltz.

44. Raemie L. says:

(Imagines the ‘Roo’s ears twitching during the honk-shu-ing.) ^_^

45. I can explain the Waltzing Matilda thing. It’s what the swagman (tramp)in the song is doing when he goes from place to place with his swag (bag of stuff, like a hobo with a blanket bundle on a stick) – aka his ‘Matilda’. The slang for going on the road, being a wanderer, was to ‘waltz’ your Matilda – I suppose it was a joke because waltzing is about the furtherest thing from sleeping rough, going from place to place looking for work that there is.

I’m Australian, and I only know this because they told us in school once. It’s quite confusing. By the way, a billabong is a swampy pond and a tuckerbag is a food bag.

46. Thanks Amy! Bill Bryson also explains the song in the book I’m reading.

47. How come I never find a behbeh ‘roo in MY laundry basket?! :'(

48. It’s largely a matter of geography, I think.