¿Quién es mas macho?

I now know there is only one answer to that question. (Señor Montalban.)

Aurora R., that is ONE innovative pocket pet.

Comments

1. “You need tickets? Ive got two for the gun show.” *strikes pose, flexes, squeak

2. Actually, although the person who posted it on Youtube says it’s a hamster, I think it’s a mouse. Check out the longer tail and slender snout….

3. *sputtering Code Red all over teh place*
    Oh I did nawt jus see what I thought I saw did I?
    Go Lil Squeakerpantz go!

4. Eeeek! I think the poor little mouse got stuck and is just compulsively moving his tiny limbs trying to free himself! Poor thing.

5. When I first saw this I thought he was on his back in the wheel, and I was very impressed.

Now, I am less so. Anybody can run on the outside of the wheel!

6. Michelle says:

Haha unclear on the concept.

Grace… seriously? ;p

7. If only it had the Flight of the Bumblebee soundtrack in the back…

And why is the movie window so small???

8. @Kris: I think the embedded video is so small because the file is small/low quality.

9. hipcheck says:

Sorry, Senor Montalban es mas macho.

10. Kristin says:

Anngh. Such a pocket-sized video too!

11. I agree with Grace – I think the poor little guy is stuck, too! I hope whoever was filming realized this and moved the wheel off of him.

12. ThreeCatNight says:

“Mousilates”, now on DVD!
    (Mari Winsor, eat your heart out!)

13. Clearly, a mouse capable of thinking outside the circle.

…or…

Algernon, is that you?

14. Michele says:

Hipcheck- Fernando Llamas es mas macho…

15. Looks to me like the poor critter is stuck under the wheel and can’t get out.

16. Hmmm, spinnin’ da wheel…ur doin’ it wrong!

17. Holy Swiss! It duz indiid luk az if lil mausii iz stuk an ai hoap sumwun reskewd mausii quik.

…an akshulii, Edward James Olmos es MUY macho.

18. If he was stuck, the wheel wouldn’t spin… He’s just thinking outside of the wheel.

19. falnfenix says:

whoa, i wasn’t aware i was watching a Monty Python flick…jmuhj, you trip me out.

20. LadyDarya says:

I used to have a lot of rodents and at one time or another they all opted to think out of the box and spin their wheel this way – they weren’t stuck just bored and wanted to do something different…. Cute widdle mousey wousey..OMG I have been here to long.

21. Katrina says:

Think outside the wheel…

22. binky-mama says:

It’s pocket You-tube for pocket pets!

23. Abs of Steel – rodent style!

24. Theresa says:

You’re ALL WRONG. It’s Lloyd Bridges.

25. I thot it was Jack Palance.

26. Theresa says:

(Pronounced “Yyoyd Breeches,” of course)

27. Michelle says:

Anyone that has ever owned a mouse or even had mice in their home knows they don’t get “stuck” in situations like this. They’re not turtles. They can squeeze through the tiniest spaces, twist, leap, gnaw, and wriggle out of nearly any predicament. Tiny Houdinis.

28. hipcheck says:

No, Desi Arnez!

29. Theresa says:
  30. You’re all wrong. It’s a death match between Robert Mitchum and Kirk Douglas, with Clint Eastwood to finish off the winner. Why do so many people see an animal in danger where clearly this mouse just wants to have fun.

31. I think the mouse is being clever and lazy. It’s like doing a spinning class lying down.

32. hrh.squeak says:

Hey Teresa, if you can wear an outfit like that and still be straight, you are obviously El Hombre Mas Macho del Mundo.

33. Theresa says:

You have a point. ;)

34. No, Fernando Lamas es mas macho

(Well, technically he *was*—but I forgot the past tense of “ser”!)

35. STUCK?
    [snort]

36. chanpon says:

Clearly adding a Fear Factor/testerone element to the old exercise wheel routine. Folks, will he be dragged under and torn to shreds, or will he brave onward?

And here I thought I was the only one who’s had this SNL skit stuck in my heads for decades.

37. Theresa says:

Gail, do you think it should be “ser” or “estar”?

38. I always think of “ser” as it being a “permanent” characteristic….”yo soy una mujer” as opposed to “yo estoy una mujer”…..

39. Theresa says:

Well, let’s see. The original question was “¿Quién es mas macho?” “Es”= “ser,” so the past tense would be ¿Quién fue mas macho?”

40. Reminds me of the time I went to the pet store on an emergency food run. I looked in the window with the mice for sale and watched as two mice ran inside the wheel spinning it and one held on for a fun ride. Around and around he went and never got green. Iron Stomach!

41. susannaaaa says:

Rodolfo Chikilicuatre es mas macho!

42. The BF wants to know if the title is a Laurie Anderson reference. Anyone? Anyone?

43. Anyone who is saying the mouse is “stuck” has no idea how nimble and agile mice are. They don’t get “stuck” lying on their backs. That mouse can flip herself upright in the blink of an eye.

44. Si. Lloyd Bridges es muy mas macho.

5 bonus points for naming the show and the year in which this appeared.

10 bonus points if you can name the host of the sketch.

45. chanpon says:

@gizmo – I already named SNL as the origin of the quote a few posts ago. Bill Murray was the host, but damn if I can remember the year. A long time ago..when SNL was still funny. *wonk wonk*

46. Rachel Sweeden says:

I agree with you 100% Foxy. Anybody can run on the outside of the wheel.

47. Karebear says:

I had hamsters that learned they could escape like this.
    The wheel would get stuck, and they’d try to “run” on it from the outside, and voila! they’d be on top of the wheel before they knew it, and out of the cage!
    We got good covers for the cages after that. Though we still had some escape artists break free

48. Totalee Puppy says:

Ladies, you have forgotten
    Antonio Banderas? (As the
    Cat in Boots clutches his chevalier hat and stares at you from the windowsill; his eyes ask “GOT HEART?”)

49. ashagato says:

my favorite way to exercise, too – lying on my back. ;)

50. He’s not stuck under the wheel, guys. I used to keep pet mice .. they did that all the time. I have no idea why, but they did seem to enjoy it…

51. hon glad says:

Wheel I never.

52. Martha in Washington says:

Totalee Puppy–How could anyone forget Antonio??

But might I also suggest Jimmy Smits.

53. Margaret says:

Robert Mitchum, Burt Lancaster, and Steve McQueen! ::swoon!:: I almost said Cary Grant, but I think he was more debonair than macho.

I happened to be listening to Christina Aguilera when I watched this. It goes perfectly with “Ain’t No Other Man”. Heelarious.

54. Yes, this IS a Laurie Anderson reference, from a song called “Smoke Rings”. Someone is showing their age – this goes back to the 80s! I love that album!

55. lymerae says:

Ashagato, LOL!

56. It’s like the wheel of death!

57. Theresa says:

Alice, are you suggesting that people who remember the eighties are, um AGED?? And how would you know, anyway? HM? ;)

58. Theresa says:

Martha, Jimmy Smits was in the year ahead of me in college. He had a big ‘stache then, and the best tush on campus. He won an acting award the year he graduated, and at the awards ceremony, girls were screaming when he went up to the podium.

59. Once you have watched the teensy mousie-sized video, if you click on “replay” it takes you to the larger version. Bigger screen, way bigger cuteness factor.

60. Michele says:

I totally dated mysepf with the SNL refrence too. Dont feel bad… :)

61. Michele says:

Apparently I am so old, I cannot see to type…I should have wrote “I totally dated myself…”`

62. Paunchie says:

he’s getting a great upper body workout!

63. anomalous4 says:

xersize wheel. ur doin it rong.

¡Cristián de la Fuente es el mas macho! Hurting his arm on Dancing with the Stars and then making it to the finals?

Es el mas guapo también. :-)

64. Martha in Washington says:

Teresa-I am SOOO jealous!! I would LOVE to see Jimmy’s tush! What school, BTW?

65. frogprof says:

NADIE es mas macho que Ricardo Montalban!! (Speaking of dating oneself …I had a MAD old-man crush on RM when I was in college … to the point that I’d reserve the TV in the common room on Sat. nights just to watch “Fantasy Island”. Needless to say, my dormmates hated me …)

66. The BF doesn’t date himself–he dates ME. He was relieved to have his suspicions confirmed, by the way. And we’re in our early 40s. So there.

67. Hah, this reminds me of when I had my mice. I have a video of the black one running in the wheel, and she ran a lot slower than the white one. The white one then decided it was her turn to run, and she jumped in with her cage mate, ran really fast, and poor Ari held on for dear life as she went around the wheel backwards

68. Katrina says:

All right, all right, what we need here is the answer to the question how fast can Jimmy Smits wheel backwards on the outside of a wheel? And, alternatively, can Anotonio Banderas and Jimmy Smits come over to my house?
    Good Lord…I’m sweatin’ over here…gotta stop…

69. I know that mousie is in better shape than I am. I couldn’t do that!!

70. Colleen says:

Lol. Love it! Saw a mousey in a pet store doing that once- what made it muy excellente was the mousey INSIDE the wheel, holding on for dear life, getting spun round and round. Mousey amusement park ride! :D

71. Not Bob says:

I used to work at petco and our mice had a wheel in there and I swore I’ve seen at LEAST 15 on there at one time… Usualy only the girls though… The boys were lazy… But there would be a couple on the outside that could keep up… It was the funniest stuff.