Holy Bacon Bits!

A nice little vid about a (mini) piglet farm. Makes these mini-bacon-schnozzles look DOWNRIGHT snugglable!

I can’t HELP but make the tiniest of snorting sounds while watching this, Tony E.!

Comments

1. Janeyferr says:

More 4 FTW!

2. NEED!

3. …more for for the win??

4. how can something so tiny and cute grow up to be so freakin’ big and tasty?

5. Aww little bitty piggies.

Pigs are very clean and smart. And affectionate.

one of our neighbors is a pot belly pig rescuer.
    They prefer a nice swimming pool of clean water to mud. They will pick one spot farthest away from their bed as possible for their toilet and they like to eat fruits and vegies And they can learn lots of tricks..

6. hon glad says:

Only big enough for chippolatas.

7. Khadija says:

Annie, that’s some good PR work.

Glad it’s haram to eat cause I couldn’t anyway, it’s so frikkin’ cute.

8. Pussytoes says:

Sweet piggums!

9. Katrina says:

Imagine if they stayed THAT size! I’m pretty sure we would all have them….right?

10. AuntieMame says:

Bing Crosby!

(Cute pigs, too.)

11. um…squee

12. I loved that the reporter so obviously loved doing this job!! Was it just me, or did his accent make him even cuter? (the guy’s, I couldn’t hear the pig’s accent…)

Wee wee wee wee, all the way home!

13. *dies* We have been looking into getting pot bellied pigs! but MINI PIGS?! ZOMG SO CUTE!

14. of course….

4 legs good, 2 legs bad!

15. leah b. says:

I can see that reporters desk already covered in Piggy stuff!!!1
    Cute story though.

16. Janeyferr says:

more 4 is a satellite tv channel that shows very important and hardhitting documentries, about stuff like iraq, child abuse and stumpy mcpigglesons.

17. ah, OK, thanks Janey

18. Lioness says:

Awww…love piggies! so cute and fuzzy. I’d have one if I could. oink-oink

19. GreedySkunk says:

OMG, little piggies in a doll stroller?!?

20. Theresa says:

As a neighbor of one of the most famous “Stroller-Moms From Hell” neighborhoods, I would allow myself to be steamrolled by piggies in a stroller IN A HEARTBEAT.

21. WANT!

WANT!

WANT!

WANT!

WANT!

Hey Theresa, you wouldn’t be referring to Park Slope, would ya?

22. Theresa says:

I never lived in the Slope itself, but in environs . . . but considering how real estate works around here… If I just stay where I am long enough, I should be living in the Slope any day now. :P

23. doomchild says:

Thanks… lost my ability to speak for 15 minutes. Kept going “waaaa… guuu” and patting at the screen… this had way much more cuteness than my brain could handle. I officially need 124839403883 of those little piglets now.

24. After having had to run for my life from a hog with fangs, I will never look at a piggy as “cute” again. They’re like baby piranhas. But tastier.

[Hmm, I've never tasted piranha... funny thought... - Ed.]

25. Tonight I’ll be torn between watching Babe (for the umpty-gazillionth time) or A Christmas Story (how do the little piggies eat?). Please, someone help me decide.

26. semanticantics says:

Reason #1,298 I’m a vegetarian.

27. brinnann says:

Darn, I can’t find the video I’m looking for, but Theo, on the Travel Channel’s Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern, he ate piranha on one of his episodes. He said it was very tasty, but he says that about almost everything. :P

28. edmundh says:

Where can I get that set of “This little piggy…” mugs?

29. Katrina says:

debg – Both, you silly peep!

30. PEEGS! SQUEEEEE!

31. Sharon Wilson says:

Anybody else think of the first “Charlotte’s Web” when they saw the piggies in the stroller?

32. Edmundh – I can’t find the set of mugs, but Cafepress has a lot of merchandise (including large and small mugs) with This Little Piggy on it:

33. Katrina says:

Pi-ran-has are very boney and taste like the bottom of the river, like catfish, only there isn’t as much eat on them. Go ahead, ask me how I know…

34. Katrina, how do you know????

35. Now I’m afraid to oblige.

36. Miranda says:

OMGpiggies!!!1! :-)

So cute!! I’m never eating bacon again. Seriously.

37. Katrina says:

Funny you should ask…and yet another story in the continuing saga of My Norwegian Father- was a sailor, a Merchant Mariner, for over 20 years and stopped in lots of countries, and apparently had an interesting threshhold for wierd…and I think eating catfish is weird…I did not inherit that particular gene.

38. Two out of three major Western religions don’t eat pig. Makes ya think.

Piggies are cuuuuuuuttttteeeee.

Except for “Babe: Pig in the City.” That movie was weird. (First one is teh awesome).

39. Speed-Reader’s Dyslexia strikes again: I briefly thought the post headline said “Holy Bacon Tits!”

This comment has been brought to you by Victoria’s Secret and Hillshire Farms. And by the number 2.

40. I wonder how my cats would take to having one of these as their new brother or sister…;-)

41. Quoth berthaservant: “Two out of three major Western religions don’t eat pig. Makes ya think.”
    But isn’t that because they believe they’re UNCLEAN? Western religions aren’t generally concerned with how cute something is. If they were we probably wouldn’t have had all those holy wars and crusades.

42. Cont.: Or if we did, they would be between nuffs and bleeners instead of Christians and Saracens, I guess.

43. NEVURRR iit tehm. LURVE tehm.

44. Claudia says:

I am forwarding this via email to my 10 year old daughter (who just got her first email and complains she never gets anything lol) who LOVES LOVES LOVES pigs!

45. chanpon says:

Who needs Bac-Os? You can just toss a couple of these little fellers into your salads.

46. “. . . as big as a small labrador or springer spaniel.”
    Yes the bebehs are adorable, but do youremember the Vietnamese pot-bellied pigs craze? Where are they all now?
    I am so, so sorry for being a troll about this, but I keep thinking of abandoned adult pet pigs in a few years.

47. Farm animals are reduced to being thought of as food – even on this blog where “bacon” is joked about when showing these gentle intelligent creatures. If we all profess to love animals so much, how about we don’t joke about their deaths and stop eating them. Because dead pigs, really aren’t funny. Cute is one thing, but how about some actual compassion.

48. Thank you Ali! It is one thing to joke about eating a cute animal you’d never actually eat- nomnomming kitten ears and baby toesies- but it is just sad when it is an animal that some people actually kill and eat.

49. Daphne Moss says:

Ali and Semanticats…
    I’m with you. I only have been a vegetarian for a few months, but I don’t miss eating meat at all, especially when I see these adorables…
    Oh, and I’ve lost 30 pounds.
    Just a bonus… ;-)

50. Congrats on going veg Daphne! It’s the best step you can take to help animals, yourself and the environment. Way to go!

And thanks for the kind words Daphne and Bonnie. I thought I might get booed for my comment. But it’s nice to see that some people feel the same way. Bacon is not cute. Death is not cute. Pigs by themselves, alive and happy, are totally cute:)

51. I’m not gonna get into the whole “circle of life” argument here, I respect my non-meat-eating brethern and sistern.

And yes, Sarah, it’s because they think they’re unclean. But they don’t say anything about them being un-cute!

52. ashagato says:

oh, i wanna sleepy little pink bebeh peeglet to carry around on my arm…

(hog-shu!)

53. Totalee Puppy says:

Sqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

54. Totalee Puppy says:

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

55. Wombats says:

**HEAD EXPLODES** Want…must have! These little peegs are the perfect snorgle partner!

56. Martha in Washington says:

I LOVE that the BUNNEH is BIGGER than the PIGGY! How adorable is that?!

I also think the accent makes the man 12 times cuter than he would normally be (normal being Amurcan) :)

57. Biotics says:

Frankly I´m disgusted with how you people can´t seem to post a picture or vid with pigs in it without the bacon-joke. It´s not funny, it´s deeply disturbing.

58. Frankly I’m disgusted with how some people can’t seem to acknowledge that simply acting superior doesn’t automatically make them so.

59. I just kinda stopped eating pig about 17 years ago. Wasn’t a planned choice, as much just 10 years later I was like “I haven’t eaten anyathing pig (or mammal) for, like, years. Since I was a kid.” I’m proof pig isn’t a dietary necessity. I have no plan to ever eat pig or any mammal again.

60. Theresa says:

If only disapproving peeps were as cute as disapproving rabbits.
    Or disapproving baby seals!

Then we would want to eat them up, too! :P

61. Theresa says:

Martha, did you see “Love, Actually,” in which a young Englishman who can’t get a date at home, goes to the US, and is *immediately* swept up by a gang of swim-suit model-like “coeds” who *must* have their way with him because his accent is “so cute”? :P

62. SQUEEEEEE

And yay for accents

63. Joelle Taschereau says:

Aaawww, trop chou!!

Viennent-ils en paquet de 12 ???

64. Katrina says:

Yes, Joelle, how many paquettes de 12 would you like? The container is just adorable.

Dear Berthaservant-brethern and sistern? I’d like to be a sisteren, rather than a sistern thank you very much!!!…just sayin’ is all.

Pigs weren’t just thought unclean, they gave people Trichonosis, which, avoiding pig completely immediately took out of the equation. Bears carry it too, I believe. That does it, no more raw bear for me…

65. Paunchie says:

I like piggies!! aw.

66. “. . . as big as a small labrador or springer spaniel.”

HA!

I took care of a pot-bellied pig for a week. That sucker was HUGE! I couldn’t get past him in the hallway, no way, no HOW.

It didn’t help my nerves any that he had enormous tusks, too.

67. Did anyone else notice that one of the video links was “Decomp of a Baby Pig” ? I made the mistake of watching it. I feel ill.

68. you see
    you see??

this is why i dont eat pigs…or cows or goats…or…

69. I love pigs! They’re actually smarter than dogs which is food for thought as most would be deeply offended by roast poodle(forgive the pun).

Also, I have heard that the Old Testament/Torah reference to not eating hooven animals was actually more of a class issue because only the rich can afford the luxury of food that takes a lot of resources to produce (it takes 10 pounds of grain to produce one pound of beef).

70. Repulsed by comments made about food (Bacon, delicious) in reference to a precious living, feeling, loving creature.

Stop killing animals for your selfish need for “WANTING” meat. Meat is a “WANT” not a “NEED”!!!!