General Ottspital

These otters are tewtelly posing for their daytime soap opera open credits.

With their partially evil make-up, they are perfect for the job.

"Dr. Hamilton, I betrayed you with Tyler, and I’d DO IT AGAIN!" [middle otter rushes off to nurses station]
Otterz

Er, something, Jen M.

Comments

1. They’re so qte, they can’t be evil…no one would ever suspect them…

2. hon glad says:

Otterly fantastico.

3. “Like otters through the hourglass….”

Could also be an emo band album cover. (Ooops, I said “album” — does that make me old?)

4. Wow, I don’t think I’ve seen DRY otters! They look so soft.

5. my boyfriend and i went to the chattanooga aquarium this past weekend and i got to see some otters, but they were sleeping in their little den. they were totally adorables. one of them was asleep with its little paw in its mouth, and the other was laying on its back yawning and opening and closing its mouth. i tried to take pictures but they did not come out at all. :( at least i got to see them. and i also got tons of pictures of penguins!!!

6. DRY I otter…

7. oh, and get THIS. at the otter exhibit, there was an employee standing there talking about the otters and she was holding a small pelt asking the little kids if they wanted to feel what otter fur felt like. it took all i had not to throw up and/or punch her. i’m not quite sure if it was a real pelt but it was quite disheartening.

8. AAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVEN OTTERS!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Capt' Tightpants says:

Great, now I have to wipe drool and snorgleprints off my computer screen.

thanks a lot guys. It ain’t like I got a Ph.D. exam due soon or nuthin’.

The Bold and the Fuzzifull?

10. ThreeCatNight says:

I loved seeing them play in the water when I lived out in California years ago, and I’ve never lost my love and admiration for these totally qte and intelligent little creatures. I love the physical interplay between those three, especially the little one in the middle who seems to be playing it quite coy!

11. Wait, I thought Tyler was nurse Linda’s long-lost brother who turned up in the Amazon with amnesia and a lisp. And isn’t Dr. Hamilton engaged to Jasmine, the psychiatrist/secret agent who came to Otterville searching for the Crystal Abalone?

12. o…m…g!

13. realist says:

Marie,

This might not be a popular position on here.. I LOVE otters, but your comment about the pelt doesn’t make any sense.

There’s basically no way a US zoo or aquarium killed an otter to get that pelt unless it was at least many decades ago. But if you keep otters around, eventually you’re going to have some dead otters. That’s how life works; things die. You and I will die eventually. If science can find teaching value in MY pelt, they’re welcome to it (although the organ-donation people come first)

So even if you don’t think it’s healthy to eat meat AND you don’t think it’s morally appropriate to kill other animals – AND you’ve found a way to reconcile that with how we kill populations through their habitats – you’ve still got no reason to be bothered by that pelt.

Or unless you can’t deal with the fact that any otter has ever died in the history of the world, which simply isn’t realistic.

Death is part of life, and hiding the idea that things pass on from kids just leaves them unprepared and crushed when things happen – which they will. Better to learn when it isn’t THEIR OWN treasured pet, or god forbid a family member.

14. My girlfiend thinks otters are evil, I don’t know where she gets it, we argue about it All The Time. I mean, if you’re a fish, maybe. Whatev!

15. I don’t understand how everyone can be so casual about this! CUTE FLOOFY OTTERSONS!!! They are AMAZING and not at ALL even the slightest teeniest bit of evil. Pleeeease.

SOCUTE!!

16. Teh fuzziest, teh cutest things…EVAR!

17. Katrina says:

A ‘passle’ of otters perhaps- maybe a ‘Respighi’ of otters? What does one call a cache of otters all in the same place at the same time?

18. Capt' Tightpants says:

Heaven, Katrina. We call it heaven.

19. Theresa says:

My dad lives near here:
    There is a large pond (or a small lake) with a hilarious family of otters. The little ones like to grab the big koi fish by the tails, and pull them back a few feet, and let them go again. They also gather in groups around the herons while they are hunting, and seem to be making flippant remarks about them. ;)

20. riolinda says:

lots of fuzzy otter heads to kiss. this indeed IS heaven! :)

21. Theresa says:

PS, I believe the reputation for e-vihl began with this libertine display:

I say, on the other hand, live and let wiggle.

22. …otterly irrisistibuhlz.

23. cute cute cute cute cute!!!!!

24. mmmm otter pops, yum!!!!! errrm i meant pups, ya /looks around sheepishly

25. Otterotterotterotterotterotterotterotterotterotter

*wheeze*

otterotterotterotterotterotterotterotterotterotterotterotterotterotterotter

26. “mmmm otter pops, yum!!!!! errrm i meant pups, ya /looks around sheepishly”

Pahsickie!

27. otter pops, otter pops
    otter otter otter pops
    otter pops, otter pops

28. realist: i’m quite aware that an aquarium/zoo wouldn’t kill an otter. i also know that animals die and people die, i just always get upset when i see animal pelts and stuff of the like, and i love otters so i was especially upset when i saw that one. an aquarium/zoo’s main reason of being is usually to study animals and bring awareness to certain ones. i’m not that incompetant, but i have to say that i am quite sensitive when it comes to death, especially animal death. i do eat meat, i do have some leather shoes and purses which basically nullifies my whole comment, but i still have the right to be taken aback by someone holding the skin and fur of an otter for children to pet right in front of an otter den. it was disturbing to me for some reason, to say the very least. i guess i can’t fully explain why because some things just don’t seem right and never will, and i’m sorry if i rained on anyone’s parade. bottom line – i love otters, they’re adorably cute little (sometimes giant, as in giant otters) mammals and i will never stop squealing when i see them, especially when i see them in the wild. that’s the best time to see them.

29. I need to find a way to miniaturize myself and dive into that cluster of fuzzy cuteness.

30. chanpon says:

OMG! Otters are usually the cute little dweeby animals anyways, but this is so GD adorable! Now if they were only all holding hands…*anh*…

31. So basically, Marie, you’re a self-contradictory idiot. You could have said that in a lot less space.

I know, I know…pudding’s away! But have a low tolerance for this kind of nonsense.

32. Stand down, peeps. Scroll up and look at the otters.

33. and basically, there’s no need for name calling. i explained my thoughts on the issue that i brought up. put your weapons away, champ.

[I’m also talking to *you*. No more warnings. – Ed.]

34. momof2kitties says:

Let the first of us who is not a jumble of mixed-up contradictory thoughts and behaviors please stand up.

I thought not…

And, by the way…otterotterottreotter!!!1!!!

35. fawn lust says:

you guyssss, no time for negativity! look at the otters’ little round HEADS! they are TINY! and FUZZCULENT (fuzzy and succulent)! I want to hug them.

36. GreenEyedHawk says:

Squee! Water ferrets!

37. Annie J says:

Aww, they are so cute and fuzzular! <3

38. Good luck on the Exams, Captain!!!!

39. Water ferrets?! Brilliant!!

40. At Point Lobos, south of Carmel, they used to have a display of otter and seal pelts. It was to educate people (especially kids) about why these animals were hunted.

When you see adorable otters frolicking in the bay, and then see what happens when greed overtakes humanitarianism, you get powerful, not-easy-to-forget message on conservation. I have actually heard kids say, after seeing the pelts, that they’d never hunt an animal and that they prefer the otters alive.

41. I’m confuzzed. 2nd from left looks like the ‘gopher’ in original Caddy Shack. What the ???

42. Daphne Moss says:

Good point, too, Decca…Clearly what’s needed is some sensitivity on part of the tour guide. I hope the context you gave was provided.

43. They look SOOOOOOOO soft.
    Thanks to all you otter repeaters I now have the BADGER “song” stuck in my head… :op

44. *pet pet pet pet pet pet pet*

Gah! Too many otters! So little time!

45. Chelonianmobile says:

Aww, otterses! They peep! Did you know that? They run around and make little “peep” sounds.

Is it possible to have un-cute mustelidae? Even wolverines are floofy.

46. According to a website called thealmightyguru.com, a group of otters is a:
    Romp, Bevy, Family, Raft.
    A Romp of Otters! Who can beat that?? Agree all mustelids are cute, not so sure about wolverines being floofy.

47. Katrina says:

A Romp of Otters it is!

Now a pudding sounds really good.
    Imagine otters doing the cutest things and STOP right there. Just stop, thaaaat’s it, juuust stop.

Sending a big, luscious ‘Hooray’ to everyone, share some of my “Hooray’!

48. I shoulda said:

Sea kitties!

49. Snowpea says:

When I saw this one, I just exclaimed ‘Oh god!’ out loud… and I’m at work. Fortunately, my coworkers aren’t around or they’d think I’d gone mad. The cuuuuuuuuuuuute, it huuuuuuuuuuuuurts!

50. So cuddle-able! I want to scoop them all up at once..

51. I really want to snorgle them. Thankfully I have ferrets, so I can come pretty close.

52. squee!