The Sloth Checklist

- Blinky eye capsules? Check.

- Extreme Ear-to-head ratio? Check.

- ATTEMPTS AT NIBBLING? CHECK, CHECK CHECK!!!

Cuteologist Linda P., you have moved up a level with this submish. Excellent work.

Comments

1. Michelle says:

Rarrr! I weel bite yew!

2. Note: If you are ever attacked by a sloth, you have plenty of time to plan your escape. Unless they hypnotize you with the cuteness.

3. They don’t do anything in a hurry, do they?

4. Egads! The natural smile and round, unblinking eyes have slayed me.

5. They almost look like aliens. adorable, cuddly, awesometastic aliens. I’ve always loooooooved sloths.

6. Barbara says:

Sloth: NOT a sin! Only goodness!

7. Did nobody notice the size of the human hand compared to the sloth’s head? I had no idea baby sloths (sloths? slothi?) were so small.

8. I love the little dude in the background scratchingks himself.

9. Katrina says:

Now this needs a backstory- sloth triplets?

10. Wow. They are slo-mo, aren’t they?

11. WANT

12. bubbyscranky says:

Even the scratingks are in slo mo. Lol.

13. bubbyscranky says:

I mean scratchingks. Le sigh.

14. Elizabeth says:

“Hello little alien”

I have died. Sloths should be the new medication for high blood pressure, the combination of cuteness and memorizing slowness is like a balm on my soul.

15. Yitzysmommie says:

Ya know, when Yitzy snorgle moi, he likes to do the kitten bread kneading thing in my neck…..
    I imagine if a leetle slothie tried to do the bread kneading kitten trick s/he would puncture my carotid artery & the snorglefest would be over preeety queeekly……

16. Yitzysmommie says:

I almost forgot:
    SQUEEEEEEEEE at the adorabuhls sweet leetle triplets…. Who knew that sloths were so Qte!

17. Layla42 says:

Slothies! Bebeh slothies!
    I love sloths.. absolutely anerable.

18. michellemybelle says:

I want the little baby sloth to nibble on me! I must have them. All of them.

19. Adorable!

20. Actually, they’ve recently discovered that sloths aren’t as slothful as we used to think:

I guess they are still pretty slow though. :)

Where do these people get these behbeh sloths that they keep in cardboard boxes and tupperware bins? They don’t look like zoos…. So why don’t I have one?!

21. I’m amazed at how their arms and claws work, they have great mobility in their shoulder and elbow joints, it’s just cool to watch. And the one opening and shutting his mouth is too cute! Like “I wanna eat”.

22. Aw, cute babeh sloths!! Especially the one slowly twirling to look at the camera….he’s all “look at how cute I am!”

23. my sister's cat is a blob says:

I love how the sloths have names that make them sound like characters from a soap opera. Spencer?!

Er, no offense to anyone named Spencer, by the way..

24. Annie J says:

So cute! So tiny! I love the eye capsules. I am hypnotized by their cuteness! *dies of cute overload*

That is the most active bunch of sloths I have ever seen. I thought sloths were slow?

25. not amused says:

Now that’s cute! Baby sloths can never lose. I must have one.

26. Carolina says:

Oh NO!!! I clicked on the ‘replay’ button and was taken to the original site, where I found this message underneath the video. “Unfortunately, they were too cute for their own good and had to be put to sleep. At least that’s the official story, we think someone accidentally stepped on them.”

May 26, 2008

27. Their hand-over-hand action reminded me of those training exercises military types go through at boot camp. Sloths as Navy SEALS–there’s a mental picture. They’d be the slowest SEALS ever.

28. ded ded ded i am so ded.

the one in the background was gleefully scratching away, didja see?

29. Ummm….hello….HANGING UPSIDE-DOWN ANYONE?

Not just cute, but DEFYING THE EARTH’S GRAVITY (sort of).

Up is down! Left is right! Sloths are the new kitteh!

30. laineyg6 says:

That has absolutely made my day! Soooo adorabuhls. The slow-motion scratcher in the background deserves as much recognition as the mesmerizing nibbler in the foreground. Kudos to you both!

31. Hon Glad says:

The Sloth 2000 metres should be finihed about next Tuesday.

32. Do sloths get slower as they mature? These guy are positively speedy compared to adult sloths.

33. rubber duck says:

I usually never say this…but…

I THINK MY HEAD JUST EXPLODED.

34. chicken says:

Oh McSlotherson, how cute you are. How do these things survive predation?

35. Jimbeaux says:

Hee. I found myself talking to the screen, saying ‘Helleyre!’ when the little guy came into view. He seems very friendly!

36. These baby animals today are OUT OF CONTROL! That behaviour from a sloth.. outrageous!

P.S. Loving the invisible sloth nommage. Nom nom nom.

37. Catsquatch says:

Ok, so I wanna know…..

How on EARTH do people keep themselfs from PICKING UP DA BABIS!!!!

omg…

38. Are these two toed sloths or three toed sloths?? Fronts have 2, backs have 3…
    Very alien-esque…

I…will…nom…you…

39. What’s up with the comment on the website?? I was going to share the original link and saw this… hopefully they’re just being snarky?!?

40. Noooooo! Please tell me THAT isn’t true! Somebody find out!!!