POWSHE ALERT!

Will you please get a load of this powshe action.

Here at C.O. we LOVE anything that lives in a cozy powshe, or has a powshe (like a muzzlepowshe). Powshe, powshe, powshe.

When this em-powshed tree kangaroo bébé came thru the mailbag, it was Insta-Gonna-Post-This-City.

Ss_treekangaroo

I only WISH we had a C.O.X.C.U. for ya. This is ONE of many from ‘Zoo Babies 2008" from Budget Travel.
Righteous submishe, Jennifer C.

Comments

1. Love the look on mom’s face

2. Mom has some really cool coloring and great ear fuzz! Add that to the cute bebeh peeking out of the pouch and the extraordinarily fresh-looking apple (I don’t see a single brown spot on that slice), and it’s no wonder she looks so happy.

3. k. o'dee says:

What a refined ‘roo, with her pinkie in the air.

4. Isn’t she a double-powshe, with muzzle- and baby-powshes?

5. snoopysnake says:

Mom has got nails to die for!

6. this is, indeed, cute

I also find it quite disturbing…

7. Katrina says:

OOOOOOOOk, then. There are no words…

8. Katrina says:

Go to that URL without coffee in your mouth-or anything else in your mouth, your monitor won’t like it. As a matter of fact, spit in the sink before you go to that URL. IT will make your mouth water, as a autonomic nerve reflex. Great balls of fire….and you may tear at the froglet, I didn’t of course, em, there was something in my eye- another froglet perhaps? I can only wish. Good luck.

9. Did you say TREE KANGAROO??

10. Oh, for HEAVEN’S sake!! Bebeh ‘roo is all like “What the hell, bishes?? Keep it down out there!”

And that is, indeed, a delish looking apple. Mama is too prosh, with her pinky in the air like she don’t care!

11. dharlan1too says:

Prosh Powshe!

12. chanpon says:

Cute! But baby also slightly reminiscent of that scene in Alien.

13. Katrina, thanks for the warning. The froglet was groovy, but the baby lemur really grabbed at my heartstrings. Not to detract from Kanga here, but I have actually held a ringtailed lemur on my lap while feeding it slices of apple. It was one of the high points of my entire life, and certainly of my life here in Kansas.

14. now this is taking the housing shortage too far…

15. Will you look at how happy the mommy is?? hahahahaha. LOVES it.

16. What’s that wormy looking thing on bebe’s head? Is this a ‘fresh from the oven’ ‘roo and that’s the umbilical cord? Eww, kind of. But I love mommmy’s face too!

17. Nads, I suspect it might be a powshe nipple that’s worked its way outside. Do kangas have umbilical cords? I don’t know much about marsupial reproduction.

Oh, wait, it’s the extended pinky claw. Silly me.

18. legotech says:

The bebe is all like “hey, ma, where’s MY apple!!!”

19. Slightly disturbing. But cute.

20. I saw a roo birth on a doc once. Very strange. Baby is about the size of a grasshopper. Comes out from *ahem* “the birth spot between mom’s legs” crawls its way (totally blind) to the pouch, drops into said pouch, latches onto a nipple in the pouch, and there it stays to finish growing. Only to pop its head out when it looks less grasshopper like and more roo. Considering human birth, I’d say roo-moms have a pretty easy time of it.

21. Rachel Sweeden says:

I agree 100% with you legotech. I love the baby kangaroo it is so adorable.

22. Awww, peek-a-boo behbeh!

And speaking of muzzlepowshes – BEHBEH BULLDOGS!!! GAHHHH!!

23. Hon Glad says:

Now just you wait junior and I’ll regurgitate some for you.

24. Katrina says:

You “drinkers/eaters-while C.O’ing” will want to stop doing that too, there is a HUGE possible chocking risk with the Behbe bulldogs. What are you trying to do, kill us? Or, do you secretly work for a screen company? I’ve said it before, it bears repeating-Sheesh! I had to look away for a second, the puppehs blinded me for a sec. Worth it! I like my Opthalmologist. I wonder if he has a bulldog…

25. Katrina says:

Dear debg, there must be behebeh bulldogs in Kansas. That could help. Where in the world, I mean how in the world did you find a ring-tailed Lemur in Kansas? This needs a backstory, peep!

26. Katrina says:

Thank you Subhangi! My eyes are comingback from the ‘bulldog flash’. Like a flashbulb flash, only you don’t mind.

27. Theresa says:

Look how SOFT the mama is!!! Look along her left shoulder– she has a teeny fuzz halo. What bliss!!

28. Theresa says:

Re: the baby amminals page– The WARTHOG, people, the WARTHOG!! How can you withstand such eye capsulage, such daily snoutage?

The site has it right– RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!

29. Theresa says:

Monica– the roos have it easier with the birth, but afterwards after the baby’s grown, um, quite a bit, they still have this enormous galoot with tremendous feets leaping head-first into their pouches– ouch!

30. Katrina and friends, I moved to KS in 2000 when I was offered a teaching job in my field, and little did I know what animal delights lay in store. There’s a wild animal sanctuary not too far from Wichita, and my favorite student ever arranged a field trip–with shirts and everything. We were up close and personal with birds of prey, lemurs, giraffes (we fed them), a zebra (they’ve got very rough hair), and all kinds critters. I got to hose down Ivan, the white leopard, who loved it as it was about 95 degrees that day. We met snow tigers who thankfully remained in their cage. We met a baby snow leopard and played with a baby black panther, who ran around the circle of peeps sitting on the ground, then rushed at someone and promptly bit him. It was a truly amazing day. Check out the Tanganyika Wild Animal center in Goddard KS.

31. Katrina says:

Thanks, debg. Yikes! Of all of that, the giraffe stands out. (Heehee). As you may know, I want a giraffe.

Yes, the warthog is dreamy. We can have exotic critters to visit just about anywhere, right debg? Fuuuuuuun!

32. …an foar awluvyu foksez in FL, vizit BIG CAT RESCUE in Tampa. Foar thozuvyu in MS, chekaout CEDARHILL.

33. Katrina, we FED the giraffes. The place had a raised platform so that we could reach each other easily. The girls were all named for Greek goddesses, which seemed totally appropriate to me.

34. k. o'dee says:

This lemur babe -

- is totally “Baroo?”-ing, here. The other lemur babe -

- is a Zoboomafoo. They’re both too cute! I can’t handle it!

35. smackety says:

Madame Kangaroo has this look on her facelike what you’re not hearing is the Roger Daltry-esque scream of “YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” she’s emitting. For her, apples are better than sex.

Meanwhile, Kangaroo Jr. looks scared out of its mind…perhaps by its happy mom’s delighted screeches, or perhaps by the apple slice that’s the same size as its head.