I Like it

[Sat in rat voice] MUCH better than ‘Caturday’. Cats don’t deserve it.

Raturday Admirer, originally uploaded by l33twave.

I like the little hairs poking out from the hammock, Laura L.

Comments

1. Though I am a Caturday person , that is extremely cute.

2. turbofloof says:

Not a big rattie fan, but yeah, this is PDQte!

3. *in before OMGRATSAREDISGUSTING comments*

4. Is that a Rat, or a panda in disguise?

cute either way…

(or maybe a tapir!)

5. Vickster says:

He/she’s so adorable!! I love ratties! I so miss my lil “Smooshie”. She was a chinese hooded rattie (like the one in the pic) and was smart and so trainable….like a puppy. She used to go to high school with me, hidden under my hair…until she got too big. She was a full 2 lbs when she was full grown. She scared the daylights outta my Mum at first. But when I joined the service (U.S.C.G.) Mum took care of Smooshie for me and became so attached that she cried so terribly when Smooshie passed away. *sniff* I miss me rattie. ROCK ON RATURDAY!!! btw-kittehs rank neck and neck wit ratties- I am owned by 3 who rule the house with an iron paw :x

6. Theresa says:

I love the “Ratty on Vacation” design!

7. OK, so where is the stitching diagram? My rats are demanding this!

8. ashagato says:

i’m with you meg – the little hairs sticking out are too funny!

9. Vickster… I am all there with your Mum and give her a Hug from a fellow Mom who thought Rats were disgusting till my daughter got her first Rat She named her Templeton and she was truely one of the most delightful pets we ever had.. I too was heart broken when Templeton Passed on. And she also went everywhere with my daughter. If any one ever asks me I always tell tehm what really good pets rats are. Thansk too for your service in the coast guard.

10. Michelle says:

I love it! She looks like my Callie who also went everywhere with me … I’d take a rat over a kitten or puppy any day!

11. I stitched this using a drawing from The Illustrated Rat. The drawings are amazing — I’m currently stitching a Valentine’s Day design from the same site.

I didn’t feel comfortable publishing a pattern based on someone else’s work, so I didn’t include one. However, you can do what I did — download a drawing into a graphics editor, add text, reverse the image, print, trace with a transfer pencil, and iron on to some fabric.

And, Chester the Plush Hoodie thanks you :)

12. Ok, if anyone comes up with a Bunday anything, I WILL BUY IT!

Unless it’s ugly.

13. Katrina says:

Oh, HOORAY Laura! What a great job you did!

We in Connecticut are very proud of our Coasties (my husband went to Connecticut College, across the way and took classes there). My older son almost went to the Academy, but UCONN got him. Thank you very much for your service, Vickster. Stay safe.
    Of course, that applies to all of us, too.

14. Ohhh, that is just lovely! I am so jealous of you people and your needle skills.

15. Verii qte. But CATZ ROOL.
    An CATURDAY iz teh best day uv teh wiik.

16. Another Angela says:

Laura, this is adorable and I will probably have to dust off my embroidery hoops now. I have five ratties and most of them are indeed spending their Raturday in the hammock, as usual ;) They send boggles to Chester.

17. snorglepup says:

Very Qte.
    Happy Raterday.

18. charliewabba says:

That is quite brilliant. But shouldn’t Ratty’s delicious frosty tropical drink have a teensy umbrella in it?

19. Martha in Washington says:

I envy the little rattie with his hammock and frosty tropical drink. I agree tho-“where’s the umbrella?”

20. Yay for Chester!

I think I’m going to have to make 4 of these, each one personalized with my rats’ names!

I hope the Raturday design brings much bruxing and boggling to all. :)

21. jess, la, ca says:

I may have to adapt that pattern. Raturday, indeed.

Maybe the rat doesn’t need a paper umbrella – it may be a gin and tonic, which never has an umbrella

22. Hi Laura Your stitching is wonderful and your rat is adorable.

23. Yitzysmommie says:

Laura, you ROCK! I might even give up ….no, never mind. Raturday is Just Perfect for today!

24. Must Have Pattern! Must! ehh, ehhh

25. Melissa says:

I’ll take Raturday over Caturday any time. So cuuuute!!

26. Yay! Yay for Raturday!

I may use that pattern to make something for my 4 ratties. I know they will lovingly pee on it. :)

Bruxing and boggling all around for Raturday!

27. binky-mama says:

Yay for Ratties!!!!

The best pocket pets EVAR.

I miss my squishy boys. :(

28. Totalee Puppy says:

He’s celebrating “Year of
    the Rat” (on the Asian calendar)–RATS RULE until
    February 2009!! Sorry…all
    the little paper umbrellas were used for the floor show– Qte dwarf hamsters dancing with fans and umbrellas to entertain His
    Ratiness. Awesome!!

29. Totalee Puppy says:

Seriously…LAURA…Thanks for the wonderful art work and stitching…You are so
    talented, and this looks like a work of love for ratties everywhere.

30. What a beautiful rat.

Chocolate AND vanilla.

31. I’ve always heard good things about rats, and even the subway rats in NYC (which aren’t that conventionally attractive) always got my attention and sparked my imagination. Kudos to those of you who have 1) served in the coast guard or 2) owned rats or 3) both.

And to quote Mayor Quimby, “It can be two days!”

32. ross1219 says:

Did the rat make this? It’s very good. Is the rat’s name Laura? I’m confused.

33. ross1219 says:

Did the rat make this? It’s very good. Is the rat’s name Laura? I’m confused.

34. ross1219 says:

Hey, I found out how to do a double post. If the back button doesn’t work, you just hit refresh and POOF – double post. Oops.

35. Hon Glad says:

Raturday that’s the day
    for Rats to play.

36. I propose we call it “Craturday.” Squeeow!

37. Katrina says:

I love the fur sticking out of the hammock, a true pro touch!
    Tooooo cute. Great job!

38. flodnak says:

I love how the real rat is looking at the embroidery like he’s studying a poster in the window of a travel agency. “Yeah… that’s where I want to be.”

39. That is sooooooooooooo cute! :)

40. chanpon says:

Rat: “Is..that.. for me?”
    Yes, little Rattie, yes it is. *pet pet*

41. ross1219: Absolutely the rat made it! The rat also took the picture (she knows how to set the timer, obv), and emailed the submission in! They really are a lot more intelligent than people give them credit for.

D:

42. I am in love. I miss my rats and this just made my day! AWWWWWW.

I can just hear his rat giggle in excitement!

43. Infinity says:

Sell these in large quantities! I’m a huge rodent fan (my 4 guinea pigs say ‘Hi!’). And I love rats. Such intelligent creatures. <3

44. [whisker twitches in approval]

45. Katrina says:

I love the idea of giggling rats, thank you, Lynn!

46. gooeyctr says:

What’s next? BATurday?

Holy needlecraft!

47. Noes! Don’t takes mah Caturday! U already has Ratatuesday. . .