Mini-phant

The Baltimore Sun is reporting Samson the behbeh elephant gains 2.5 pounds a day. That’s like a new ear a day.

Samson lives over at the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore, and is featured on MarylandZoo TV!!! OMG.

38230187

I’ve never seen a smaller ‘phant, Alice B. Have you!?

Comments

1. BumbleBee says:

Oh my goodness! CO is seriously outdoing itself at the moment – you guys are ON FORM!
    Mini-phant and mini-otter…too much. Splodes

2. ashagato says:

i second that notion!

3. CathyDee says:

How come I can gain 2.5 pounds in a day and nobody thinks it’s cute? Perhaps I need big, floppy ears.

4. Stubbular trunk! Stubbular bebeh elephant trunk!!!

5. oh mah lawd…
    look at his little nose all stuck out straight
    teehee

6. OUT-standing, little luntiphant! Toot your little horn!

7. Baltimore in da hoooooouuuuuuuuuse! :o)
    Hee! Mini-phant is too cute!

8. TamaraRose says:

We, the proud citizens of Baltimore, are very proud of our cute little pachyderm…even though some of us thought they could of come up with a more original name than Samson!

9. lymareck says:

Heffalumps and Woozles!

10. splode splode splode

Oh the cuteness. It burns my eyeballs. Baby animals–hooray!

The Latin won’t go so well today. I’m cute from the incoherent.

11. lymareck says:

(otters, stoats, ermines and ferrets are very woozle like!)

12. katydid972 says:

TamaraRose– how about we call him Stubbly McTrunkersons? He needs a CO nickname for sure.

13. OMG!! Elephants are my favorite animal ever!!! Thank so so much for more elephant in my day!

14. Stubbly McTrunkersons works for me!!!

15. kittymom says:

OMG, check out the flirty little pose with the rear legs, check out the teeny little pointy tail! Oh, and that has to be the largest rawhide chew toy on the planet ;-)

16. Hon Glad says:

I would now like to read from Isaihah capter eleven verse twelve.

17. Enh! Enh! Enh!

His trunk isn’t long enough to reach the hay!

An he *does so* have big scritchable ears!

One cute l’il oliphaunt!:D

18. Hon Glad says:

I would now like to read from Isaihah chapter eleven verse twelve.

19. brinnann says:

Hon Glad, I don’t get it.
    12 He will raise a banner for the nations
    and gather the exiles of Israel;
    he will assemble the scattered people of Judah
    from the four quarters of the earth.

20. yankeebird says:

Yay, Samson! I’m glad to see he got posted… I’d submitted him twice in the past.

And according to the article I read in the Sun the other day, we’ll have a baby camel soon too. Yay, Bmore!

21. OMG, the little trunk stretched out its full length, with the end all…all…I don’t know what the verb should be (opposite of puckered?), all snooted out to the max. I had to let out a whimper at my desk. Looks like he has the vacuum suction turned on to extra high.

22. ThreeCatNight says:

Now he needs a mate named Delilah. Wait, on second thought – she was nothing but trouble.

23. serorobele says:

Before elephants are a year old, they are still small enough to stand upright under their mother’s stomach. After their first birthday, they get too big. I always thought that was cute…

24. This photo rules. I love elephants most of all animals! Come to me and I will feed you peanuts until you get sleepy little one. <3

25. OMG the Trunk it is so petite and delicate looking.
    Samson may be small now but when he is full grown he will be as mighty as his namesake… as long as no Delilahs show up!

26. Hon Glad says:

Brinnan, I picked it relatively randomly, then looked it up. It was something about a vineyard. I just thought he looked as if he was standing at a lectern

27. Ah, it’s The Prince in an elephant costume!

We would like the katamari to be at least this big *holds hands out* You have 5 minutes~

Na na na na na na na na na…

28. Heehee, Katamari Elephant! Cute!

29. When did Pier 1 get rattan pet toyz?

Personally, I always loved the name Hannibal for elephants.

30. Wow… can we make a new category for the most angular of elephant elbows? Jeez louize.

31. OMGravy, Hon Glad, I lof you for saying “lectern” (not “podium”). It’s a peeve of mine, yis.

BTW, anerable bebeh erphanant. (Which is how my nephew pronounced it when he was wee.)

32. Kristine says:

LOL CathyDee, I wonder that myself sometimes.

I love baby elephants. They’re so much like little children, so playful and energetic. This black one is extra special.

33. Mini trumpet is too prosh. Does he look like he’s smiling??

34. A dainty elephant? Could it be?

35. binky-mama says:

He looks like he is saying grace before his meal! Awwwwww!

36. feeziepants says:

Somebody already beat me to the stubbulent trunkulations! Dang, that is almost cuter than mom and bebeh otterz yestaday.

37. Whutz teh pur gaii iitin, Mikii D’ziis?

38. momof2kitties says:

He reminds me of the scene in the Jungle Book movie where Mowgli and the little elephant, I can’t rememeber his name, march and dance and sing and bump into the grumpy grown-up elephants and get in trouble and…

phew! How’s that for a run-on sentence?

He’s teh qte!

39. Hon Glad, I think it is more like “My brother Esau is an hairy man, but I am an smooth man.”

40. @kittymom: LOL!! I was thinking it looked like a rawhide basket, too! (We kitty moms must think alike!)
    And now for something completely different—

NOW I understand what Berthaservant was referring to with the loungeluxe.com girl…..(to whom I bear no resemblance whatsoever, she said regretfully!!!)

41. cliffette says:

Little black elephant
    Rolling a ball
    Little black elephant
    Miam; je t’adore!

42. This is an outrage. I don’t come here for Republican propaganda, I can go to Faux News for that if I want!

I demand equal time for behbeh donkehs!

43. bastet says:

when will someone reverse-engineer a mini-pachy i can keep in my apartment??i love the knocky little knees. kinda looks like me in 3rd grade, all limbs and joints and awkward posture. but damn cute of course.:)

44. I’m just nuts about elephants. I can adore them all day long. Anybody else that feels the same way ought to visit elephants.com. It’s a super amazing website (and place).

45. Awww, cute behbeh! But I am scared of adult African elephants. They’re very short tempered!

Asian elephants = AWWWWWW.

46. Omg… I *MUST* hop through the screen right NOW and hug him!

47. acelightning says:

Ellyfink!

48. Oh, I love me some baby elephants. (I’ve seen Dumbo about 4879 times).

49. rubber duck says:

That is quite possibly the cutest little trunk in the world.

50. Totalee Puppy says:

RUBBER DUCK, You rock!
    I don’t know enough about
    elephants…can haz baby
    elephant at birthday party?
    We haz bananas and chop-up
    peanuts, Thai-style.

51. Totalee Puppy says:

KATY-You are so nice, makes
    me want to love baby elephants so much! I am a DUMBO fan, too. I think it is a good movie for kids to watch because it can be tough to be different–but differences can turn out to be something great!