Watch me!

If it please the court…

Cute_copy

Angela C., NICE work—New Yorker cartoons CANNOT be beats.

Comments

1. Oh no, he can plead cute. Cute is definitely grounds for dismissal. And snorgling.

2. OMG! OMG!

**BLEEN***

I never thought it would be me!

PS: Of course he can plead cute. Dogs have been getting away with this for YEARS…it is all part of their evil plan.

3. Cute is the only sure-fire plea, and my tux kitty knows it.

4. Hon Glad says:

Guilty of being cute.

5. Yes he CAN!

6. Oh yeah, all he has to do is turn on the big ol sad puppy dog eyes and he can plead cute and have all the snackies in the house.

7. hmm… my new trial strategy, bring in cute puppies!

8. LOVE the New Yorker cartoons—SO GREAT!!!

I guess the plea depends on the charge? Is “Cute” an affirmative defense? (whipping out my Law & Order vocabulary)!

9. ash monday

10. gooeyctr says:

You want The Cute? You can’t handle The Cute!

11. My favorite birthday pres last years was “75 Years of New Yorker Cartoons.”

Also, the collections of NY’er dog and cat cartoons are great, too. Plead cute all you want, li’l buddies!

12. metsakins says:

cute in the New Yorker? my worlds are colliding.

13. “Objection, Your Honor! I refer you to Rule 501c, Article V, Federal Rules of Evidence statute, which states unequivocally, and I quote, ‘OH YEAH’???”

Furthermore, wuff.

14. Yitzysmommie says:

I’ll second the hover text Baroo and raise the ante with a head tilt/ Princess Di eyes.
    Poifect cartoon for an early morning.

15. redangell says:

gooeyctr…LOL…no one can handle the cute! BTW hello all, been lurking here for about 1.5 – 2 years. Always makes my day; thanks Meg!

16. Too cute!

17. Yr Honor, I refute that I cannot plead cute! If I can show you this…(Shows Shrek 2, Puss in Boots….) then brings out kittens…Judge melts, case dismissed…

18. Remember another Barsotti NYer cartoon? Judge (holding a gavel) to puppy: “Not guilty, because puppies do these things.”

19. temperance says:

barsotti captures puppies like no one else.

i’ve framed two of ‘em- the ‘not guilty’ one, and the puppy auction where the bidding starts at 11 million dollars.

20. berthaslave says:

A New Yorker cartoon that can be understood by anyone! (j/k, I love The New Yorker…Seymour Hirsh is a god among men).

21. brinnann says:
  22. Is there a James Thurber award somewhere out there?

This reminds me of his wonderful dogs.

23. Could he appeal?

24. lurkingsmirk says:

brinnann–that second comic is GOLD. Can we add that to this post?

25. Mrs. Catlabash says:

Yes, yes he can. And if it’s accompanied by furious tail-wagging, the judge may as well turn in his gavel, because anarchy will reign.

And if she’s a kitteh, she can curl her tail around her little self and wrap herself into a perfect little sphinx while she gives you the Princess Di look out of her sad, sad, famished eyes… not 90 seconds after she’s devoured her breakfast. And a good part of yours.

Yes yes. They can plead cute at the drop of a biscuit, and they know it.

26. Totalee Puppy says:

Hey, yes–APPEAL! (Thank
    Harold for speling)…Dont he got lotsa Appeal?? If this puppy dont appeal to you, where you been?

27. I don’t know your Honor… I think this jury disagrees.

28. Hahaha! I love it! :D

29. Totalee Puppy says:

JENNIE–When you REFUEL,
    everything comes out OK!
    Puss in Boots from the Shrek Show…bring on da
    kittens-His Honorary dont stand a chance…How come
    judge melts?? You dont like
    him–WHAT? Too many laser
    battles Saturday AM–Yeah,I watch em too…LUV U.

30. This is the perfect thing for today after a stressful week to put a smile on my face. Just finished a moot court practice argument for law school.
    I wish we could use the cute argument!

31. Pleze disregard my last post. The right toon doesn’t show. :(