We interupt this Caturday…

…to bring you this prosh pup face / paw / furry eyebrow / edible ear flap combo.

Captured_20061222_00004

Amy D., I almost forgot—nice teeny paw pads in the lower left, and soft muzzlepowshe.

Comments

1. I think I’m in love… :-))

2. WANT.

3. AuntieMame says:

And the green eyes!

(By the way, if it’s Caturday, shouldn’t there be some…I dunno…cats?)

4. *kisses*

5. I was like “AAhhnng!” until I saw the gator colors. Then I was like “Blech.”

J/K…. or am I? XD

6. Does anyone know what breed this dog is? Hes gorgeous!

7. Rachel of Cyberia says:

He looks like a marble-cake labrador

8. Eeeee! Splotchetty nose! Floopy ears! Pink little jellybeans for feet! Want to nibble! Must… resist… nibbling… monitor.

9. Must… rub… nose on fuzzy forehead…

(Clunks into monitor)

10. Awww, that’s cute :)

11. Christy K. says:

Must…kronsche…ears…

12. Tony James says:

Sorry, but the idea of interrupting Caturday with a picture of a goggie is heretical. Caturday, you will remember, was created by Pope Constantine I in 710AD to commemorate the contribution that cats had made to the spread of religious tolerance to Asia Minor. It is written that on the Saturday before easter (which is a traditional pagan holiday that was borrowed by the christians), a row broke out between some pagan types (who were looking forward to doing some human sacrificing the next day) and some christian types (who were keen to commemorate the execution of a famed political activist some years before). Things were getting a little heated (puddins were being readied for hurling), and one group (history does not record which one) got the puddinkwerferschnorglekanon out of storage in order to be ready for the coming battle. It had been some time since the weapon had been used, and as they were cleaning the cobwebs off it they came across a momcat and a nest of teenytineetabbees which had set up home in the bucket of the weapon. When the people saw them their hearts softened, and both groups agreed that there was enough space in the world for both faiths.
    Thus it was that Pope Constantine decreed that henceforth the 6th day of the week, when it is said that Seelingcat sayed “i can has MOAR living stuff, mooes, An creepie tings, An otehr aminals. It happen so tehre. An Ceiling Cat doed moar living stuff, mooes, An creepies, An otehr animuls, An did not eated tehm,” should be known as Caturday, when all people of all faiths should love one another and emulate the teenytineetabbies, getting lots of sleep and generally just have some fun.

While I appreciate that the significance of Caturday may be lost on some, being that this is the anniversary of the Very First Caturday We would appreciate more cats and fewer goggies, please.

The Galactic Interfaith Council
    (Office of Keeping Caturday Special)

13. Tony James, nicely done. As a follower of Ceiling Cat and a historian of early Christianity (among other things), I officially approve your post.

And Meg–lil’ flappin’ lip curtains? You’re KILLING me.

14. war on caturday? who knew?

15. morticiamom says:

We’re not interrupting Caturday, we are celebrating it! (with the traditional chocolate/vanilla swirl soft serve puppy cone)

16. linda_marie says:

arielle: MINE.

17. It’s the Pokey Little Puppy come to life!

18. Lauren T. says:

Wawwwww! So cute!
    What type of pup is it?

19. @Tony J: Thanks for taking the time to explain the history of Caturday! *says in Johnny Carson voice* I did not know that!

Pinky McPuppyears looks a little like a Brittany spaniel, to me.

20. Sharon Wilson says:

Aaawww, it’s Underdog as a pup! BTW, Tony James, great story!

21. starling says:

Still a bummer about caturday, we could have had pudding hurling day instead.

22. He does remind me of of those two-flavored soft-serve cones. *om nom nom nom*

23. berthaslave says:

Tony James is mostly correct, but I would like to point out that the Ashkenazi Jews had a long tradition of “Katzurday” going back to at least the time of Elijah. The origins and meaning are obscure, but it’s likely that Constantine got the idea from the Jewish calendar.

24. what a beautiful puppy!

25. NutherDeb says:

“Oh my dog!”…
    White and milk chocolate swirl!! Looks like a mixed up Lab to me…
    Also looks delicious :)

26. Amy D., if you know can you please post the kind of puppy that is? Completely and totally adorable! Thanks bunches!

27. EHN!!
    *grabs*

28. Juniper Jupiter says:

A green eyed pup! Ya know, other than Australian Shepherds, I’ve never seen them on any other type of pup! On this little pup they are just mesmerizing!

29. I’m hearting the splotchity nose and the eyebrow of awesome. What a gorgeous pupsicle.

30. Katie Kat says:

Oh dear Lord…
    complete uber smushiness of the pootie face!

Must have kisses!

31. sarah barah says:

omg its like a BLACK AND WHITE COOKIE!

32. (the original) Mel says:

I want a puddinkwerferschnorglekanon.

I think it would go great with a Slip’n Slide.

With 250 gallons of puddin. Vanilla puddin.

33. I’ll take two!

34. I must KEES HEEM
    [grabs puppito and runs away]

Tony, thanks for the info and say Hi to Ceiling Cat for me.

35. Hon Glad says:

It looks like Bill Sykes dog Bullseye.

36. 1) Tony James and Berthaslave, you are the Masters of Eruditive Magnifitude.

2) Those are are not Gator colors pupster is wearing. He’s at the Mets Spring Training camp. Mets need another right-handed bat to take northg with them.

3) INSANELY KILLINGLY cute puppy.

37. i’ve seen green eyes on lots of pit bulls – this little guy is so small it’s hard to tell if that’s what he is. up until a certain age, all puppies have the same shape – squishy. but he does have the eyes and the coloring…

38. PS There are a few doggies that are the undisputed kings of my neighborhood– people lerve them and squee themselves silly over them– they always seem to have these dark-and-light divided faces, and somehow resemble Petey from The Little Rascals.

39. pit bull says:

looks like a pit bull or pit bull mix. they are the most proshest puppies. and petey from little rascals was one. adorable!

40. Raemie L. says:

D’aww… sweet-looking puppeh with olive green eyes. Must snorgle soft ears!

41. zeldapie says:

*grabby hands!!!

42. Tony, while I mostly agree with you, I believe that Caturday can be generous enough to encompass all species (at least the snorglable ones), so long as the cats are given their proper due as well.

43. Tammy “up until a certain age, all puppies have the same shape – squishy.”

It is so! I love puppy blobs!