A Mini Hairbrush snorgles a hand

Hee! You could totally pick up this mini hairbrush and place in your fro for the day.

Snorgle

Sender-Inner Karen is Imagining that teeny little schnozzle sniffing that finger [gracias for the call-out]

Comments

1. Let’s jump straight to the punch line: VERY CAREFULLY

2. biscuithead says:

I believe the word I’m looking for is something along the lines of BLEEN.

3. Omg. I totally thought that was a sea cucumber at first. I was glad when I figured out the schnozzle. (Not that sea cucumbers aren’t cute in their own ways, but…I do prefer a good hedgehog.)

4. Kiragirl says:

watch for the spikes during mid-snorgle.

5. O M G !!!

Can’t get my eyes off that.. that.. hairbrush-cutie-thingie-baby.

6. *pops sea cucumber in mouth*
    Wait it’s not a sea cucumber!?
    *takes out of mouth and put’s back in snorgle position*

7. Janeyferr says:

awww, veritable pin cushion :)

8. Ouch! but cute none the less.

9. Kiragirl says:

taj–definitely kissing cousins

10. DO WANT!!!

11. OMG, is that a mini-hedgie??? I was wondering what the heck it was (I agree it looks like a sea cucumber or sea slug of some sort). The little nosicle is to die for, and I can detect wee front and back paws beneath those spikes.

12. Snorgilicious. My kitties would be so jealous of snorgle time.

13. StormCat says:

I didn’t realize that baby Hedgehogs were so small!!!! He would fit perfectly on the top of my hair bun, WANT!!!!!

*pushes hair aside to make room for teeny hog*

14. Bebbeh hedgehog’s spikes are even sharper than their parent’s usually, so watch out!

15. Animal, vegetable, or mineral?

16. Eet’s so preeckly!!

*picks it up and snorgles it oh, so very gingerly*

17. Kevin L. says:

The text in the picture looks like it says “snorglet.”

18. brinnann says:

J, if that’s true, I feel reeeeallly sorry for that bebeh’s momma. O_O

19. That must be brutal for the mother coming out at birth. Perhaps coming out head first isnt so bad.

20. How do they– oh, right. ;)

21. Martha in Washington says:

It’s like a giant Wooly Worm Caterpiller!

Are those NOSE WRINKLES?!?

22. Chelonianmobile says:

The quills are soft at birth, they harden when exposed to air for a while. Which is a good thing, because otherwise … yow. (If there weren’t children reading this, I’d bring up the Hedgehog Song.)

D’awww, widdle hoglet.

23. Trinky dink says:

Looks like a caterpillar!

24. This looks like a week to 2 week old baby hedgehog. When born, the quills lay flat and covered with a membrane to let it slide out of it’s mother’s birth canal. Upon exposure to air, the membrane dries out and the quills come out in all it’s glory. I’ve had 6 week old baby hedgies and yes, their quills are sharper. As hedgies get old, their noses get grayish and wrinkly, as one old man hedgie I had. Hedgies are irresible!

25. I personally think it’s more of an “ehn” than a snorgle, but whatever. :D

26. Catsquatch says:

Theres no eyes…..

Where are the eyes…..

Catapillars are spozed to have eyes…..

27. AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

OMG!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

MY HEAD IS GOING TO EXPLODE!!!!!!! TOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!

28. Eet looks like the burrs you find in your socks (or on your dog) after hiking!

29. here’s a cool site with neato pictures of baby hedgie development :)

30. Reminds me of those old brush rollers that Mom set her hair with!!

31. Rachel Sweeden says:

That hair brush is adorable and teeny-teeny tiny

32. OMG I thought it was a tiny sow bug or something, then I saw the snout and noticed the hand proportion, and it turned from “eww” to “aww!”

33. Ohmigosh, I had no idea hedgehogs started out so leetle-bitty!

34. OMGOODNESS!!!! that ear totally looks like floppy puppy ear, not joking!! It’s cute and a little odd looking at the same time!! Tee hee, they are quite cute.

35. SEA CUCUMBER?
    I thought it WAS a hairbrush, so…. and then I saw the teenty little face!

36. i dont find them that cute…

37. Ugh, I’m sorry but baby hedgehogs are not cute at all. Down right disturbing and weird and make me queezy.

38. Laura M. says:

So darn cute. I really wish hedgies were legal in California. But they’re not. Along with gerbils and ferrets. Sigh.

39. Lydia Glotfelty says:

OMG, is that for real??!! I have never seen a hedgehog before, adult or baby…what a strange wonderful thing.

40. So cute. Thanks jamela for sharing that link to the hedgie site. Great site and the hoglet development pics are fantastic.

41. to spb: you are so welcome. :) we have 3 hedgies in our little zoo. :) (colorado)

42. Jupiter Star says:

AWWWW! Squealy adorable! (Now why aren’t my newly hatched baby budgies this cute?)

43. AWWWWWWWWWWW. Teeny tiny *ouch* prickly behbeh!

Oh, the NOSICLE WRINKLES!!!

44. @Jupiter Star: Babeh Budgies???!!! Bet they’re anerable!!! Hope you post some pics!

45. I think it looks like a prickly pee pee.

46. ThreeCatNight says:

Thought it was a large caterpillar at first, ’til I saw that little nosicle.
    Bears a striking resemblance to my pocket brush.

47. are the little spines pokey yet? It looks sleepy….aww!

Hey, who owns one of these critters? What do you feed them?

48. Catsquatch says:

“(Now why aren’t my newly hatched baby budgies this cute?)”

ROFLMBO!!!!!

49. Just wait until the terrible twos. No more snorgling then, let me tell you :-P

50. Where can i get one? my hairs a mess always and i need a portable brush! it will coordinate puurrfictly wit my kitteh bag and puppen shoes!