Mini slurp

It looks like this Sugar Glider is somewhere in Switzerland, mini-slurping freshly-churned buttermilks, with only the teeniest of tongues. Go, Madamoiselle Sugères! Go! Read more on this lil’ guy’s life here. It will make your head tilt.

Fa_sugarglider

Photo by Sue J. Sender Inner J to the S., slurpariffic.

Comments

1. Awww, what a delicate little lady. Drinking off of fine china!

2. snoopysnake says:

Bleen!

3. Mary (the first) says:

HURRAY! A new post!

4. so teeeenie!

5. Please notice that the ear-to-eye ratio is equal. Auto-cuteness. Plus the beady-eye factor thrown in for good measure! I can hear them blinking now..plink…plink…

6. all of us says:

Yay! you guys are like magic!

7. Mary (the first) says:

er, Switzerland? He was in a banana tree.

8. I know this is probably inappropriate, and this comment may be taken down, but has anyone seen cnn.com and the town in Iowa that wants to put a $5 bounty on cats’ heads?! It’s not cute, but the cute lovers will appreciate this and help us all stop this.
    Please.
    Kthxbai.

9. Awwwww! Pretty redonk! <3

10. I know this is probably inappropriate, and this comment may be taken down, but has anyone seen cnn.com and the town in Iowa that wants to put a $5 bounty on cats’ heads?! It’s not cute, but the cute lovers will appreciate this and help us all stop this.
    Please.
    Kthxbai.

11. I know this is probably inappropriate, and this comment may be taken down, but has anyone seen cnn.com and the town in Iowa that wants to put a $5 bounty on cats’ heads?! It’s not cute, but the cute lovers will appreciate this and help us all stop this.
    Please.
    Kthxbai.

12. Jupiter Star says:

Ooooo, we So need a COXCU of the adorable little peenk nosicle and wheeskairs!

13. I know this is probably inappropriate, and this comment may be taken down, but has anyone seen cnn.com and the town in Iowa that wants to put a $5 bounty on cats’ heads?! It’s not cute, but the cute lovers will appreciate this and help us all stop this.
    Please.
    Kthxbai.

14. Sorry about all the posts, something funky is going on with my Firefox.

15. berthaslave says:

How does this cute lil thing become that flying bat lamp shade from a few days ago? Aminals are Azaming!

16. Not a cup, not a dish, not a bowl; a sugar glider should only sip from a saucer…a flying saucer.

17. Daphne Moss says:

Who’s the most spoiled and pampered little sugar glider? Who’s mommy’s widdle favorites?

*head tilt*

18. look at those ‘TOCKS!

19. Oh, they’re so much cuter looking top down than bottom up. ^__^

20. How on earth did you get Switzerland? The weblink clearly shows that the glider was handed in to a wildlife carers’ group in the Tweed Valley near Murwillumbah, which is in northern New South Wales, Australia. Here in Oz the the sugar glider is a protected native species, and this one would eventually be released back in the wild. Unlike the US we can’t keep these gliders as pets. (BTW, the gliders in the US were originally sourced from Papua New Guinea and some parts of Indonesia because export/trade of such species from Australia is illegal.)

21. Bessymouse says:

Oooh, it “LOOKS” like it’s in Switzerland. I read the anon comment above and was wondering the same thing.
    Nevermind :P

I love the stripe from nose to tail. I can imagine the prickleyness of those little spikey feet. Although it seems this glider and her new family have already been released. I wonder how they are going?

22. catablob says:

You know how they sell stuff with, uh, “attractive people” wearing it, eating it, whatevering it…? Because, like we’ll buy it because we want to be like them?

I want to see sugar glider supermodels, ground hogs driving lexuses, spoiled cats wearing omega watches, mopey hound-dogs selling underwear…
    you get the idea. i want to be THEM!

23. Is there a dictionary for newbees? I can usually get most of it but I sometimes need help. WTF is Bleen???

24. And COXCU ?? What I am thinking is not nice…..

25. SQUEEEEEEE!!! Lookit the velvety fur and BEF!

26. To Jennie: Yes, there is a dictionary. On the right side of the screen, under More! More! More!, find “Official C.O. Glossary.” I’m not sure what Bleen is, but COXCU is Cute Overload eXtra Close Up. An enlargement of a certain area of a photo to show more clearly a key feature. (That’s my definition, not the Glossary’s; too lazy to look it up.)

27. berthaslave says:

Jennie –

To the right (Under “More! More! More!”) is a link for the official C.O. Glossary!

COXCU means “Cute Overload Extreme Close Up!”

28. belphebe says:

Jennie,

COXCU is Cute Overload Extreme Close-Up.

Bleen is what people write when they want to be the first person to comment on a post and have nothing useful to say. They don’t care that they look silly; they are just excited that they beat everyone else. Of course, sometimes – as in the comments to this post – the person doesn’t have the first response, so they look even sillier writing “bleen”.

Just my opinion [about looking silly]. Some people feel it’s important to post Bleen or FIRST or whatever. I think it would be better if they actually wrote something that related to the picture they were commenting on.

To get back on topic, that little sugar glider is a real cutie and I love the plate that it’s drinking from.

[Psst… look over in that margin over there –>
    [http://www.squidgrid.com/cute/Glossary.htm - Ed.]

29. Glurp glurp glurp.
    Gluuurp!
    What a sweet little glider! It’s so weird to think of them as pets… in their native country it’s a rarity.

30. I totally agree w/the first post from “Chocolate Chippers” about leeking from the fine china. Mademoiselle de Sucre. Oui. If I could, I would send her ice cream. Ben & Jerry’s penultimate vanilla, or sometin’ like it. With HER choice of chocolate or caramel syrups.

31. Drinking from a saucer. How “Farmer Boy.”

And yes, my head is tilted.

32. Be sure to bring me my milks in the Royal Doulton with hand-painted periwinkles.

33. ThreeCatNight says:

And only ze best china will do for Mademoiselle. Bon appetit, mon petit cherie!

34. THX ritabby for this important news. EVERYBODY please visit http://www.alleycat.org and help these cats! Iowa and Virginia residents especially.

35. Awe… he looks to be about 12 weeks oop… too cute.

36. Oh yeah…this little fellow was found in Switzerland in their famous banana forests. Hm…

37. alex dee says: