ORLYBaroo

OH REALLY!

You think you can turn your head around further than MOI!?

REALLY!?

Orlybaroo

Gots to love those random slideshows, Johanna S.!

Comments

1. CALL KYROPRAKTR PLSKTHX

(whoo boy…)

2. Haha, I LOVE owls! I have a live webcam on my computer of a barn owl nest in California and I’ve saved several shots of them and their babies (now fledged) with their heads turned all kinds of funny ways. If anyone is interested the site is http://www.theowlcam.com and the pair has been seen mating again recently so we should see some eggs in a while. Yay!

3. CALL XORCST KTHX

4. Nice 1000000000X up by the owl.

5. Okay, I’m normally totally terrified of birds, but while still frightening, I see the inherent cuteness of the Owl’s Baroooo.

6. Gasp! It’s the rarely-sighted 110° Upside-Down Baroo!!

7. Jupiter Star says:

When this came up on my browser, my parakeets on my shoulder proceeded to do their best to imitate the owl. I think they might have failed, but THEY think they beat him, and I don’t dare question anything that can turn its hear around more than me!

8. Ah, who gives a hoot.

9. i think my cats can do this.

10. This is FANTASTIC! I’ve been waiting for owls on CO! Thank you!

11. Every time I see a “baroo” picture I am compelled to tilt my head sideways. It’s like some sort of involuntary reflex.

Cute little face, but I love the stylish feather pattern on his chest the most.

12. O RLY?

13. YA RLY

14. I love, love, love owls! When I worked at the California Raptor Center, they had barred and spotted owls named Winken, Blinken and Nod. This’un is a short-eared owl (you can tell by the eyes).

15. Dexter Fishmore says:

I did the same thing when I saw that Alyssa Milano ad.

(DON’T YOU JUDGE ME!…. Ah, whatever – go ahead and judge.)

16. Mary (the first) says:

Beautiful! And I’m glad I’m not the only one that immediately and without thinking (or consideration of the consequences.. ow ..) tried to tilt my hear around to look straight on to the owl’s face. Baroooowhhooooowhooo!!

17. The designers of cute-ure have gone mad. I remember c-owl necks and they looked nothing like this.

18. Does he like to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a?

19. PS: Why he eyes ya. :P

20. berthaslave says:

It’s like a sideways Hooters shirt.

Or else Harry Potter’s about to get a very confusing message from Dumbledore.

21. Hoo-hoo-hooooo do you think you are??? Wols ROCK!

22. AuntieMame says:

The nearest house was Owl’s, and to Owl’s House in the Hundred Acre wood he made his way. He came to Owl’s door, and he knocked and he rang, and he rang and he knocked, and at last Owl’s head came out and said “Go away, I’m thinking–oh, it’s you?” which was how he always began.

“Owl,” said Rabbit shortly, “you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest–and when I say thinking I mean thinking–you and I must do it.”

“Yes,” said Owl. “I was.”

23. LOL at the Hooters comment!

24. LOL to the “like to sing-a” comment!

25. @Theresa – my thoughts exactly when I saw this. XD Now I’m going to have that song stuck in my head. Damn those classic cartoons!

Then my next thought was “Ouch”.

26. Fu-nny!

27. @Berthaslave – LOLOL at:

Or else Harry Potter’s about to get a very confusing message from Dumbledore.

28. This reminds me of the finest night I ever spent in my life, camping out on the wilds of Oklahoma. My first time to catch fish and eat them cooked soon after, first time to camp out, first time to see the Milky Way, and we just happened to be lying on cots under the stars when the annual Pliedes meteor shower occured. I heard coyotes sing fot the first time as we stared at the heavens. Before dark we had seen an owl turn its head all the way around. Sigh!

Did I say I married that man soon after and we have been together for 28 years?

29. Awww, what a sweet story, PattyP! Congratulations on the long life of your happy marriage, and may you have another 28 years together besides.

Cute boid. I heart owls unto def!

30. Owls creep me out… anyone remember Twin Peaks? The owls are not as they may seem… lol Even though, he creeps me out, I can tewtully appreesh the qte!

31. SQUEEEE!!! OWLIEZ!!! I LUB OWLIEZ!

[tilts head]

[muscle catches]

[…]

WHERE’S THAT DAMN CHIROPRACTOR?!

32. This pic just screams “*head tilt*”

33. This picture made me gigglesnort.

34. Jennifer says:

oh AuntieMame, yes I love that story!
    I want that book again now even though I’m all grown up.

I LOVE owls!

35. SubH: you mean Chiro-raptor?

36. Hon Glad says:

Owl, can you help me here, I’m kinda stuck.

37. Hee-hee, Subhangi!! Owls are SOOOO cool.

Give a hoot, don’t pollute!

38. I think owls are phenomenal! They are just beautiful. I have tons in my neighborhood and at night I like to go “owl hunting” – as I call it. But I hunt with a flashlight! I was blessed to have an owl swoop about a foot over my head as I was sitting on the curb. He/she landed about 3 feet from me. They truly are SILENT when the fly. Once I watched a mama catch a frog and give it to her baby (I have a picture of the “hand-off”. Owls R-O-C-K!

39. Rosalynde says:

Yup. This is truly great—owlz representin’ on the CO . . . . way to ba-hoo-HOO

40. Wow, what an amazing photo! the way the light is shining on his back, gorgeous! and sophisitcated, just like an owl. Lovely and cute!

41. he can hear a mouse bleen from 50 feet away

42. I love your story, PattyP! It sounds like a magical night extraordinaire!
    And I love this owl-what a wonderful world…

43. Great photo!!

44. Owl snorgle!!!!

45. Seven Paws says:

Wow. If I could do that, I’d be in traction for a month. I’d like to see this in X ray vision, just to see what’s going on in that spine.

46. tracyFlick says:

Kudos to Alyssa Milano. She is aging like a fine wine, just getting better as the years go by.

Owls rock. No wonder ancient cultures worshipped them.

47. Beautiful picture, if that owl turns his head any further it will fall off…

48. ThreeCatNight says:

Whoo are you?
    Who, who, who, whoo -
    I REALLY wanna know!?
    (Boy this is hurting my neck!)

49. Aww, owls are so cute. :) I couldn’t resist owl stuffed animals when I was little, hehe.

50. revolution724 says:

Ow, that picture gives me a crick in my neck! But the owl’s so beautiful, and so very well photographed, too.

51. PattyP…Does your hubby have a single brother? I’d certainly marry a man who gave me such a great night. Here’s hoping for another 28 years (or more)!

I love Owls! This is so cute, if a little painful. I have owls in my backyard somewhere. I haven’t seen them but I hear them hooting to each other. I’ll have to try the flashlight owl “hunt”

52. meacu1pa says:

What is the Owlie-equivalent of a Baroo, though?

BaWHO?

Owls have the most perfectest circular eyes. And they always look as if they’re going to a masquerade…with the raccoons, of course.

53. Ahahaha. Most extreme baroo ever. So funny. :)

54. thechosenone says:

I think i woke up one morning looking like that. Note to self: remove excess pillows.

THis reminds me of a time when me and my cousins found a young owl standing in the middle of the road petrified with fear, so we stopped to move it in case another car would run over it. Very cool moment. Very strong claws too, i may add.

55. He’s all, “Sorry, but even from this angle, those jeans do make your butt look big”

56. Love it, Cockatoo!
    Owls always remind me of childhood verse: The owl and the pussycat went to sea, in a beautiful pea green boat.

57. Does this owl want to go to the PUG PAHRTEE???

58. It’s probaby too late, but kk3 I’d love to talk to you about your owl adventures. You have no idea how much I love owls too. You’re such a lucky girl!

59. The owl is all (:- .

60. I know that it’s not, but I’m worried that his heads come unscrewed and it’s about to fall off.

61. kestrien says:
    This’un is a short-eared owl (you can tell by the eyes).

HEEEE! *sing-song voice* Some-one didn’t name them very we-ell… I mean, srsly.

62. This pic needs some captions a la LOLcats, something like ” Oh hai, WTF r u doin?”