Taking a knobbular behbeh under his wing…

The Daily Mail is reporting that this Boxer has adopted this abandonned behbeh goat: "Billy the boxer has become the constant companion of the 12-day old kidcalled Lilly. He sleeps with the goat, licks her clean, and protectsher from any dangers at Pennywell Farm wildlife centre atBuckfastleigh, near Totnes, Devon." More photos…

Billylilly2austin_468x616

What is UP with all the CuteNews coming from the UK Daily Mail? Are they competing with the Japanese now or WHAT? Nice sumbishe, Dave D. and Ida N. ;)

Comments

1. Hooray little lambs, means it’s almost springtime…:-))

2. ashagato says:

i could die from the cuteness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. This is tooooooo cute.

He’s all:
    Don’t worry kidd. I’ll show you the ropes.

She’s all:
    Beh

4. MandaBain says:

I sent this in too! Not first though, I guess.
    So freakin precious it stings THE EYES! THE EYES!!!

5. Patricia says:

Love how the dog is standing over the lamb with the “you better not touch my lamb” look. It’s cute.

6. Oh geez, that folded ear is just keeling me.

7. Aw, he looks so protective!

8. Theresa says:

Wheeeeeee, I sent this one in, too. Does I knows teh qte, or does I knows teh qte? ;)

9. jazmella says:

Oh my goodness, I’ve almost exploded from how sweet and heart-warming this story is!! :-)

10. DaytimeDeb says:

Argh! Too cute, must go die now.

OK, but I have to say this – maybe the boxer is just keeping an eye out so nobody steals his Easter dinner… It’s early this year, you know.

Just KIDDing people!

11. Katrina says:

Billy and the Kid?

12. Edward(the grrrl) says:

I can’ believe how few people commented on teh cyoot in this one! OMG! It’s the most adorable thing I’ve seen in a long while.

13. (the original) Mel says:

Well it’s about f&$#ing time you put a boxer on!!! BOXERS are the BEST!!!

14. K. O'Dee says:

I loved this part:

“He… protects her from any dangers at Pennywell Farm wildlife centre.”

I picture the puppy throwing the stink eye at various small animals: “That’s right, Hedgie McHog. Keep moving.”

15. My Motherin-in-law had a boxer called Clyde who loved looking after the cat’s kittens. Jelly the cat would go off hunting and leave her babies with Uncle Clyde. He’d take such good care of them and let them climb all over him, grab his tail and ears and just loved kittensitting. He was such a softee and so sweet.

16. K. O'Dee says:

“Hooray little lambs, means it’s almost springtime…:-))”

Not to mention the general greeniness. Curse you, south of England! You and your beautiful baby goats with their stocky lil leggies!

17. berthaslave says:

I don’t know if there is any more British dog than the Boxer. Especially this proud fellow: “I will protect you, little lamb friend, eh, wot? There shall be no shenanigans to endanger you as long as I have the guard! (Harrumph)!”

18. 260Oakley says:

OMG. First, a Dachshund with a piglet. Then, a Boxer with a tiny goat. What’s next, a Newfoundland with a baby bunny??? Stop, before I’m overcome by the qte.

19. @K. O’Dee—-LOL @ “stink eye”!!!

Yes, the folks across the pond are definitely catching up with the little cutie-pies!!! I LOVE the little lambie-kins!!! And such a sweet doggie, too!

20. Aww. Here’s lookin’ at you, kid.

21. Oh my goodness! Too freakin cute. I can totally picture the goatling frolicking off after this picture was taken, and the dog trotting along after.

22. Rachel of Cyberia says:

The UK people have always been cutologists. They started anti-cruelty and anti-vivisection societies in the early 1800s.

23. Leilani says:

There will always be an England! Even their dogs are incredibly civilized. And that little goat is simply prosh!

24. lurkingsmirk says:

A _paternalistic_ doggie? How cute!

25. Okay I looked at it and went Goat????? but… but it looks like a lamb.. then I looked closer and saw the turned up tail so goat it is… and I don’t think you could find a cuter pair.

26. Awww, SO precious! Look at that protective stance. Dogs truly have the biggest hearts, they’re the masters of interspecies snorglingks.

And you gotta give it to the Brits – they come up with the weirdest yet sweetest animal stories!

27. snoopysnake says:

Goatie: “Please Mr. Dog, protect me from George W. Bush. He has been telling stories about me.”

28. This is so precious it hurts. I love the big boxer standing over the little goat and looking like, “Yeah, you mess with my kid, you mess wit’ ME!” Adorable goatlet, and that is one gorgeous boxer boy. Beautiful picture, and very touching.

29. Hon Glad says:

Nothing shall harm thee, whilst I am on guard little one.

30. angelstar says:

awwwwwwwwwwwwww

that is so sweet!
    (hugs self)

btw, has anyone checked out http://ihasahotdog.com

it’s cool. try it!

31. methinks my teef are about to fall out

oh the cute is too much…

32. angelstar says:

*HUGSPLODE*

AAAAAAAAAAAH!
    I WANNA HUG THAT LILLY-GOAT!

i luuuv how proud Billy’s looking!

Daddy Boxer:Yea, this *my* Lilly, and there ain’t a finer Kid in all of old England!

Lilly: Daddy, you are beeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhst!

33. Ok seriously, how about that Angelina Jolie section?

34. KarenInToronto says:

“[Say in Michael Palin or John Cleese voice.]” Especially “Pennywell Farm wildlife centre at Buckfastleigh, near Totnes, Devon.”

35. yet another michelle says:

Yay! I have two boxers…this is so them! They’re even brindle colored. When I brought home my Boston Terrier puppy they didn’t miss a beat in stepping right up and taking care of him. And our female would stand over him just like Billy here.

36. My Boxer is the same – even though she’s spayed, she’s got SUCH a maternal instinct towards smaller animals. We took in a stray pregnant cat, and the Boxer is totally the babysitter/surrogate mom when the mama cat wants time to herself. It’s adorable beyond belief.

37. Try and get this babeh I DARE YOU. This dog means to protect, and protect he WILL….give this champ a scooby snack.

38. try out lambwatch.co.uk its a very good website

39. Brianna Mitchell says:

your doggy looks like mine except we named him Gator and we love boxers they r so cute

40. Totalee Puppy says:

Sometimes I hear there is angels with no wings…This is a Boxer-Angel for real..,AWWW…takin care of the little goat…kinda looks like the Piece-Abbil
    Kingdom, dont it? We got that on a card one time…
    Cute dreams, everybody.

41. this is like a guy protecting his little sister.