People, you are ridiculous

You heard me. Ruh-donk-u-lous. Carrying your behbeh pugs around WalMart for innocent Cuteporters to snap phone pictures and squeal. I mean, that is a BABY ONESIE for crying out loud.

0222081745

Stop the madness, Mary B.

Comments

1. Oh. My. Goodness.

2. OOh I’ve never been [*****] in commenting before. Wow. I don’t know what’s more prosh about this photo…the pug’s “you know you love me” expression, the onesie hood or the baseball blanket!

3. DawnOctopus says:

SQUEAL! Too adorable!

4. I work and Kmart and people bring service dogs and baby puppies in a lot!!! We always fuss over them too. What a cutie and what a good dog owner for dressing the beby warmly!!!

5. I love pugs, absolutely LOVE pugs, and while I did giggle at the picture I can’t help but notice the look on the little dudes face. It’s a look that to me says “Man, first chance I get, I’m leaving a present in your shoe”

6. GAAAA
    GAAAAAAAAA
    AAGGAAAAAAAAAHHH

7. Now THAT’S how people should treat their little furbabies! Kudos to the person taking care of the little pug!

And what a PRECIOUS little pug puppeh it is, too. :-)

8. I usually despise people who lug dogs around like purses, especially in restaurants.

Teacup Chillies are NOT service animals.

However, this little one with that hoodie is precious. I love how the owner can camoflauge their baby! Even cover him with a blanket and no one would be the wiser.

I bet they’re looking at strollers…

9. berthaslave says:

Curiously, this person’s infant is currently chained to a post in the backyard.

(That’s a JOKE, peeps. PUGLISHNESS!)

10. berthaslave:

It gave me a chuckle, needed that, thanks.

11. ButtaRumCake says:

LOL’d @ Berthaslave’s comment – Happy Wednesday to you, too *giggles*

12. What a pugly baby.

13. lil pugsly’s all: “now how do i say yummieyummieyummie?”

14. luckycliff says:

waitaminute.. that baby’s got whiskers!

15. ThreeCatNight says:

Puppeh pug is thinking:
    “Okay, okay. So I’ll indulge her. But if she sticks a bottle in my mouth – I’m outta here!”

16. Dressed uo animals, that’s soooo crazy… But damn cute!

17. This is so sweet, it makes my teeth hurt. I’m glad I didn’t see it in person, or I’d have been struck ded by the lethal cuteness. And I don’t think he’s in the least upset by his get-up – he seems to feel it’s completely normal, and no more than what he’s entitled to!

18. Ernest Borgnine as a bebeh.

19. @ Berthaslave: did you find out about your job yet?? Where would it be?? You MUST have access to CO @ work to keep us all entertained – consider it a bene.

20. What a face. What a, “what on earth??? face!

21. berthaslave says:

Thanks for asking, pushok….new job is in Texas at a major university. Still haven’t heard yet, it’s down to me and one other person. I will definitely let the CO world know if Bertha and I will be moving!

22. Momof2kitties says:

Ummm…Why?

Why does one feel the need to do this? Is it just ‘cuz I’m not a dog person, therefore I could never understand? I just don’t get it.

23. if you just asked me, i would have said that it was unnecessary to put a pale yellow hoodie on a pug. but if you then introduced this picture as a visual aid, i could concede that, somehow, it is absolutely necessary.

24. @Momo

Well a cat would rarely subject themselves to this anyways without blood ;).

Seriously though, dressing up pets is an extension of having or doing the same to a infant child with perks. It doesnt cry (mostly), no diaper, requires care but not to the level of a child, and all the rest. Much like the trend of ultra realistic, faux babies that have become popular lately. And then theres just the rest who find it cute.

25. No! No! terrifying! Tipping over the fence into the UNCANNY VALLLLEEEEY!!!

26. Welcome, Oakling! The sidewalks are squishy here.

27. this picture reminds me of one of my favorite quotes (by ann patchett):

“i imagine there are people out there who got a dog when what they wanted was a baby, but i wonder if there aren’t other people who had a baby when all they really needed was a dog.”

yeah- i’m the girl who always bends down past the baby stroller to get to the dog…

28. Dreamspinner Cheryl says:

Momof2kitties-cause it’s obviously COLD outside! And puglets aren’t the furriest of puppsters. And if I had a doggie this prosh, I’d carry it everywhere with me, too!
    Dreamspinner Cheryl, trying to type with a BuckyKitty lying across my arm………

29. Dreamspinner Cheryl says:

Berthaslave-SIL’s three year old, Andrea, was once known to annouce to a perfect stranger in WalMart: “Mommy has sissy tied to the kitchen table!” Which led SIL to explain that Sissy was their weiner doggie puppy, not yet house trained, before the Child Welfare people could come calling….

30. True story- today I was changing trains in the subway, and saw a crowd gathering mid-platform. I went over to see that people were standing in a semi-circle around a young policeman, gazing adoringly and cooing at an extremely large, extremely cute police dog (with his human cop partner). The cop was smiling and saying “He’s a movie star. I’m just the assistant.” People want the qte wherever they go!

31. That’s it. I have gots ta get me a PUG!

32. Dreamspinner Cheryl says:

Theresa-did you see the story about police dogs in Germany required to wear shoes? Protects their feet from glass on the streets.

Now-if only I could convince my six doggies to wear mud boots, and take them off at the door….

33. @berthaslave: you caused me to snerk aloud, much to the consternation of my husband. *SNERK

Thanks:)

34. Aesthetica says:

I need to get my cat a hoodie. STAT!

35. jeezlouise says:

Haha, I feel like this should be filed under “cute or sad”.

36. Pugs have the softest little velvety ears, so I would want to cut holes in the little hoodie. That way I could nibble on his ears as I cruised the aisles!!!

37. Momof2kitties says:

Thanks, peeps. If it keeps the hairless puglet warm then have at it. It still looks weird to me. Isn’t he just as cute all nekkid like?

I guess I am, and always will be, a cat person. My kitters lurves their fur coatsies.

38. My miniature Dachshund prefers to wear clothes in the cold weather. Her hair is so short, she shivers if it’s below 70 degrees. Now I must go out and find her a yellow hoodie…

39. SQUEE.

Pugs are so adorable on their own– their facial expressions are just priceless, this one is extra cute!

40. Mam, that sure is one ugly baby, oh it’s a dawg.

41. dottiejean28 says:

Wow…what a tolerant wal mart….I tried bringing in my shih tzu dottie when she was 9 weeks old, and they pitched a fit and kicked me out!Im thinking of disguising her in a stroller though…what a cute bebeh puggy wuggle

42. I think this is exactly HOW TO smuggle your puggle into Wally World.

43. @Dreamspinner Cheryl, no I didn’t know that. I would definitely want a dog to wear booties in the NYC subway, but I don’t think I’d want to be the one to wash them ;)

44. Freakin’ hilarious. Although, I’ve seen babies who looked like this. O_o

45. That is either a very cute pup or the ugliest kid I’ve ever seen.

46. but Moooooooom, I wanna git down an play wif teh doggeh toyz pleeeeaaaaaaasssse!

47. “Mommy, can I have some YUMMYYUMMYYUMMIES?”

48. EEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

hugglee wuggles for wee little puglees!!!!!!

49. SUPER CUTE!!!!